Author Topic: Revolver Resources  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Revolver Resources
« on: January 22, 2018, 06:02:06 PM »
A place for things useful for the revolver user.

The revolver is a capable defensive tool. In a few niches it is more capable than most autos. However the most commonly used/carried revolvers are not easy to use well. Like any weapon, if you are to use the revolver, dedicated study is helpful.

Here is a blog for revolver enthusiasts.
 https://revolverguy.com/

The tactical professor is a dedicated snub nose revolver student as well.
https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/

Ed Lovett's book is about the snub, but the former CIA clandestine service member included as much mindset material as snub material in it. It was especially valuable when published as mindset info was not nearly as commonly discussed when first published
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1581605714/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516669047&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=the+snubby+revolver

Finally Grant Cunningham may have more published on the snub nose revolver than anyone else in the industry. Trainer, author and revolversmith.
http://www.grantcunningham.com/

If you have revolver resources for the group, post them here!

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Revolver Resources
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:04:58 PM »
Google "jerry miculek revolver technique" and lots of good videos/articles come up as well.  I first heard of Jerry many years ago in regards to revolver shooting and was amazed he was just as accomplished with pistol and AR15.  I imagine he is fantastic with shotgun and anything that shoots.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 07:47:02 PM »
oh cool. thx... i carry a revolver when i carry right now.

Offline machinisttx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • yay
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 05:05:39 PM »
Ed McGivern's "Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting"

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:15:17 PM »

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 06:50:21 PM »
I think I own all of Grant Cunningham's books. 

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 04:52:08 AM »
 I so wish I had recorded my face to face chats with Elmer Keith and Jim Clark SR from the past ,those two men were royalty in the gun world and I did not recognize it ,at the time. Elmer Keith's book HELL,I WAS THERE would be at home in any revolver users book shelf.

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 12:41:32 PM »
I learned about Elmer and his role in the development of the .44 mag after I bought my first one (customized 4" Redhawk from a dentist who fished in Alaska and after a Kodiak encounter decided .44 wasn't big enough!).  I was excited to learn Elmer lived in Salmon, ID as I had an uncle who lived there a long time in the 1950s-late 1970s.  So next time I was over there to visit I anxiously asked him if he knew Elmer, thinking the he also being a avid hunter and reloader they may have talked a lot about guns and cartridges.  Instead, my uncle huffed, "Can't stand that bastard."  Not a word more.  Didn't diminish my respect for Elmer's contributions but he may not have been the easiest person to know. Of course, some say the same abut my uncle...

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 03:15:26 PM »
  He was one crusty old man. I bought one of his books that he signed while sharing lunch at a downtown eatery. He had little time for most people.

Offline machinisttx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • yay
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 05:52:31 PM »
Based on reading "Sixguns", I'd guess he was pretty firm in his opinions and not shy about stating what they were.

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 04:52:32 AM »
  He was one crusty old man. I bought one of his books that he signed while sharing lunch at a downtown eatery. He had little time for most people.

So, Carl, since my uncle is mum on the topic... What did you talk about with Elmer, what do you think of him and what tidbits of gun lore did you pick up?  I would love to have heard such conversations!  Was this during your commercial ammo loading days or something?

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 07:20:46 AM »
 I prefer to leave this resources thread as it is and suggest people look into the purchase of some of Elmer Keith's books as great reading from the short unassuming outdoors man and father of many magnum handgun and rifle cartridges.