Author Topic: Our "Experiment"  (Read 39351 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
Re: Our "Experiment"
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »
Ugh. :(

Offline rikkrack

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Permaculture Entrepreneur
    • Wolf-Beach Farms
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »
WOW. You have been through a lot. My daughter was on Vanco and was septic when she was 1YO. She had bacterial meningitis. Vanco is some heavy stuff. I used to work where it is made. I actually went and shook the hands of some of the guys I knew who were on the line that made the stuff. Saved her life. Her bill and helicopter flight before insurance came to $157,480. So I feel ya.

Swift recovery to you.

Her experience put things in perspective for me. Make the most of each day, and with the ones you love. Don't waste precious time on the stuff that really doesn't matter.

Offline notsofast

• Survivor
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »
My daughter was on Vanco and was septic when she was 1YO. She had bacterial meningitis. Vanco is some heavy stuff...Saved her life. Her bill and helicopter flight before insurance came to $157,480.

damn man, i could only imagine if it'd been one of my kids in the same boat i was in.

losing our land. been packing and trying to figure stuff out. looks like we're gonna have to move in with the mother in law which, if anyone checked out one of my other threads knows will probably NOT last long. lol.

had a small relapse in/with my kidney which prompted the doctor to do a WHOLE NEW work up on me. she's even going so far as to check my thyroid. **sheesh*

i was thinking the other day.. this thread has been all over the friggin' map.

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »
Sorry to hear about your land

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »
ah damn, sorry this is happening to you.

Offline rikkrack

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Permaculture Entrepreneur
    • Wolf-Beach Farms
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2013, 06:12:49 PM »
No kidding. Hope things turn for you.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »
Hope this spring brings you a new fresh wonderful  beginning.

Offline notsofast

• Survivor
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2013, 08:46:35 PM »
so, i know it's been a while, but with good reason i guess, we've essentially sat at the house for weeks with no money. we haven't lost our land, YET. the landowner has been VERY understanding with the situation, plus... he also knows he probably won't be able to sell it if we leave.

as far as the mrsa, i'm almost back to normal, which fascinated my doctor. lol. i'm still not where i was before i got sick, but i'd say in another month or so i should be 100%.

things are starting to look up, we've got some money coming in, i'm pulling odd jobs here and there and the wife just found a part time job. we've both enrolled in school so we've got our fingers crossed that everything works out on that front, plus some other stuff i've had in the works looks like it might start panning out soon. once school starts and we get in a better rhythm, kind of 'in the groove' i guess, things should level off and be ok. at least i'm hoping.

and again, thanks guys for the show of support. this whole thing has left me with quite a few more white hairs than i had before.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
good to hear things are looking up. good luck and good skill going forward!

Offline tumtum73

• Prepper
  • IT G33k
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2013, 04:25:16 AM »
It's great to see things are turning around.  This really goes to show that our health is our greatest asset.  Glad to see your feeling better and getting back on your feet.

Good Luck and stay healthy.
tumtum

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »
I'm glad to hear a little bit of good news from you -- best wishes!

Offline Louisiana Suvivor

• Can't Spell His Own Name
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • One day my forge will be finished.
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »
Glad you're feeling better bro

Offline Panhead Bill

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2013, 12:24:12 PM »
Just read this entire thread in one shot - wow, you've been through the ringer. It's good to see that there's the potential for light at the end of the tunnel. Just stay positive and keep looking forward. One thing I can say, is that with everything you and the wife have been through in the last year, looks like you'll have a stronger marriage coming out of it.  I wish you guys the best of luck and fortune (not necessarily in the money sense of the word) in your future.

Bill

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2013, 10:28:40 AM »
So happy to hear you have some good coming your way.    You know what they say 'out of the ashes'    ;D

Offline notsofast

• Survivor
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2013, 09:10:13 PM »
Heeellllloooooo, TSP. LTNS. ya know how they say nothing works out the way you plan? well, i generally adhere to that train of thought. BUT, i do have to say things are a little better.

Got into school, finally. started in the summer and got some of my basics out of the way. right now, i'm about halfway through the EMT program and as long as everything keeps working out i'll pass national registry in december. somehow my schedule got screwy and won't be able to work until after the spring because i won't have technically "passed the required curriculum," i'll still have one or two bs courses to take. finally, bit the bullet and got internet out at the house, otherwise i'd end up failing because everything is online; homework, tests, books, etc. i managed to wing it through summer, but can't do it with the a&p, algebra, and EMT.

We managed to scrape up some animals, but they all keep dying. no idea why. just the way it is. we had a goat, but he got out and since we live right next to the national forest i'm gonna start a legend about an old choctaw shaman who cursed the land and the great white goat spirit is running around the forest. no, not inflatable. (where did that even come from anyway?)  i'm gonna chalk up the dead animals to the curse as well.

projects are still laying around in pieces so nothing on that front is working at the moment. i usually end up cursing myself by getting excited about something and of course it doesn't work out, but i'm use to it lol.

Offline Adam B.

• Dedicated Contributor
    • The Uncomfortable Truth
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2013, 08:53:06 AM »
The inflatable goat is the only survival tool that is helpful during a flood AND a severe dry spell.

inbox485

« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2013, 08:59:29 AM »
The inflatable goat is the only survival tool that is helpful during a flood AND a severe dry spell.

Also good for parties...

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:16 AM »
Good to hear from you, notsofast -- I'm glad things are improving for you!

Offline Datman01

• Prepper
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2013, 04:35:06 PM »
Glad to hear things are looking up. Best wishes.