Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Front Porch / Re: Intro Thread
« Last post by Carl on Today at 03:32:09 PM »
  I loved his fairy tales when I was younger. Welcome Grimm.
Homesteading and Self Reliant Living / Re: Homestead Layout
« Last post by archer on Today at 02:57:19 PM »
nice job!
« Last post by Smurf Hunter on Today at 02:07:58 PM »
Welcome Grimm.
« Last post by Grimmm on Today at 02:02:36 PM »
Hi I am Johnny aka Grimm from the Bug Out Boys youtube channel. When I am not out filming the videos I am usually out performing on my violin with my bands.
I got into being self reliant one day when I was sitting on my back porch and looked down into the woods and asked myself if I could go down there now and survive with just what I have in my pockets. Did I have the tools and skill to make a fire or shelter. All the answers were no so I decided to do something about it. I created the youtube channel to document it and hoped that it would help others seeing my failures and successes. I love being outdoors and I love learning new skills and trades. I am also looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas with fellow like minded survivalists as well as hopefully contribute a few of my own.
Videos, Movies, TV, and Music / Bug Out Boys TV
« Last post by Grimmm on Today at 01:51:55 PM »
Just wanted to share the YouTube channel that we have been working on for awhile. Always interested in constructive criticism so we can make it better and ultimately get better ourselves. Hope you enjoy and feel free to say hi.

www.youtube.com/bugoutboystv
Homesteading and Self Reliant Living / Re: Homestead Layout
« Last post by Dave in Broadway, NC on Today at 01:30:03 PM »
This is how it looked when we started this journey 7 years ago. Talk about a blank canvas! Field was being leased to a farmer who raised tobacco, soy and wheat. There were chemical burns in the field from the pesticides and herbicides he used. I plowed up the whole field that first summer and didn't find a single earthworm. Different story now. And our livestock was critical to rehabilitating the soil.

interesting. i'm glad they are sharing yeasts.
Emergency Preparations / Re: Your Relationship With Your Lawyer
« Last post by Smurf Hunter on Today at 10:35:08 AM »
Smurf, show them a bunch of articles like this one.  Good guys have plenty to worry about.

Police Raid Berwyn Heights Mayor's Home, Kill His 2 Dogs
The gist of it is a package of pot was delivered to his house accidentally.  SWAT responded.

I don't expect to find the stats, but I wonder if an innocent person is more at risk of being shot during an armed home invasion, or an mistaken no-knock raid.

If I tumble out of bed in my PJs in response to my front door being rammed open, I could be holding a combination of phone/flashlight/firearm.  I'm also not likely to be completely aware, with compromised reaction time. So when verbally ordered to "drop the weapon" that small delay of a half yawn or "huh?" would likely get me shot.
Emergency Preparations / Re: Your Relationship With Your Lawyer
« Last post by fritz_monroe on Today at 09:56:17 AM »
Reminds me of police "no-knock" raids.  When I've brought this up with police officers I know personally, they assure me that I'm a "good guy" and have nothing to worry about.

Smurf, show them a bunch of articles like this one.  Good guys have plenty to worry about.

Police Raid Berwyn Heights Mayor's Home, Kill His 2 Dogs
The gist of it is a package of pot was delivered to his house accidentally.  SWAT responded.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10