Author Topic: Lyme disease research  (Read 1150 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Lyme disease research
« on: June 15, 2017, 05:28:30 PM »

I have been researching lyme disease a bit on u tube. There seems to be a big denial or cover up on lyme and many people think this to be true

The bacteria that causes lyme is hard for the body's immune system to detect of fight as it forms a bio film. This stuff Nattokanise is a natural bio film splitter helping to weaken that bio film apparently.

This website also lists various herbs that help fight lyme type bacteria
http://buhnerhealinglyme.com/lyme/nattokinase-as-a-biofilm-removal-agent/

===========

http://www.bayarealyme.org/blog/straight-talk-biofilms-new-answer-treating-lyme-disease/

Biofilms that form in the human body are up to ten thousand times more resistant to antibiotics than free-floating bacteria, making them very difficult to treat medically. These biofilms are responsible for the extreme persistence of many difficult to treat illnesses like Legionnaire’s disease, Staphylococcus aureus (“Staph”), and infectious bronchitis, that can trouble patients with frustrating symptoms for years.

Some years ago researchers showed that biofilms might also be helping the Lyme-causing bacteria evade treatment.(1) These findings have excited Lyme researchers who have since been exploring various treatment strategies designed to target the entire bacterial colony. If successful, these treatments might bring long-needed relief to patients with late-stage or persistent Lyme disease where antibiotics have previously failed.

===============

Project Censored lists lyme disease as a cover up

http://projectcensored.org/21-lyme-disease-an-emerging-epidemic/

Lyme disease is one of the most political and controversial epidemics of our time. The disease originates from a bacteria transmitted through the bite of a tick and can remain hidden,  mimicking other diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, ADHD and other neurological conditions, thus it is often called “the great imitator”.  And it is growing – new cases of Lyme occur each year at a rate ten times higher than that of AIDS and the West Nile Virus combined.

Current Lyme treatment guidelines were developed by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), a group associated with pharmaceutical, insurance and university interests that are profiting from the diagnostic criteria, vaccines and recommended treatments for Lyme. These guidelines, endorsed by the National Institutes of Health and the CDC, define the treatment of Lyme as a two- to four-week course of antibiotic therapy.

Physicians who believe Lyme is a more chronic condition needing long-term treatment risk losing their medical license for treating patients outside IDSA guidelines. And insurance companies refuse to pay for longer treatments despite evidence that illustrates the chronic nature of the condition and the effectiveness of long-term therapies. This leaves thousands of Lyme patients suffering from a commercialized medical community that won’t acknowledge the chronic nature of their illness and a public uneducated about a growing epidemic.

http://projectcensored.org/about-us/

Project Censored educates students and the public about the importance of a truly free press for democratic self-government.  We expose and oppose news censorship and we promote independent investigative journalism, media literacy, and critical thinking.

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Lyme disease research
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 06:17:56 PM »
I don't know how prevalent Lyme disease is, but I suspect one of my uncles died from it many years ago.  He was healthy, mid-50s, very active (grew up ranching in southern Idaho).  Then one year after a deer hunting trip he came down with the "flu" that lasted weeks and then months, with deteriorating energy.  Within about a year he died, I think they said heart failure but there was no indication of heart problems.  It was a shocker to the whole family considering how strong and vigorous he was.  It was only a few years after this that I started hearing about Lyme disease in the press and the symptoms sounded exactly like what my uncle went through.  He was a stoic guy and rarely complained of physical pain, but he was totally wiped out for a long time and in a lot of "body pain."  There was no general awareness of Lyme at the time of his illness so it was a total mystery to his doctors, too.

There have always been times like this, and there will be again. Will we rise to the challenges or get run over?

Offline BLACK SHIRT

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 07:13:55 PM »
I live in central Ohio. Ticks are terrible this year. After a walk in the park across from our house I spent 20 minutes pulling 30 ticks off my dog, not to mention the dozens on us. Lyme disease terrifies me and I am diligent to check many times throughout the day.
Thanks for sharing, very good info

Offline bcksknr

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Child of the Cold War
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 07:45:39 PM »
     I had Lymes about 25 years ago, long before most doctors knew anything about it. My symptoms started with the classic "bullseye" rash at the site of the tick byte. What followed was two years of trying to figure out what was going on. Whenever I got really "beat" or stressed I'd come down with flu like symptoms. I'd get chills, then fever, muscle and joint pain, extreme fatigue, "fuzzy" thinking. A couple of days of rest and I'd feel better. This happened over and over. Finally I found a doctor who was interested in this "new" disease and he did a test for lymes, which came back positive.
     I was treated with several course of antibiotics, which did seem to help, but didn't stop the effects entirely. I'd still get the symptoms, just not so often. The doctor was considering an intravenous treatment of very strong antibiotics, but put it off because I had to travel. He did give me one more course of tetracycline and I've never had an episode after that. I guess after enough drugs I was finally cured, although as I understand it, I will always show a "positive" result of a Lymes test (much like malaria never completely leaves the body, it just goes dormant).
Today was yesterday's tomorrow.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 08:12:48 PM »
I have lyme, and while I am not as sick as I once was, I will likely never get better all the way.

I was not diagnosed for a few years, which made it entrenched. I am also allergic tetrocycline and the cycline drugs.

It would be nice to have more research into it. The guidlines are wrong as there is chronic Lyme. On the other hand, there is not one definitive alternate therapy that helps everyone. I kind if think about trying to heal, well anything, but esp lyme, like straws on a camels back, the more you can take off, the more likely your body can fight the infection. So, various things will help various people
Accomplished tea drinker and baby goat watcher

Offline Zef_66

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 10:56:44 AM »
We just found out my 4 year old son has Lyme disease. We live in the woods where ticks are more than common. Though we did not see a bite or have one in him. He just started being really tired and went back to taking naps again. He hadn't taken naps in over a year. Then he started coming down with a low grade fever. Then a rash of sorts showed up. But the large spots would go away after a few days and reappear somewhere else on his body. When the arthritis like symptoms started, we knew it was getting serious. Luckily our regular doctor got him on antibiotics.

When a 4yo kid cries as soon as they wake up that their knees and legs hurt and won't get out of bed for an hour, something is wrong. He would also limp all the time. And very often fall down in pain because he couldn't stand. Very disheartening and painful for us to watch. Luckily the antibiotics turned things around basically overnight. He's right in the middle of a 24 day course. So hopefully things stay well after he comes off them.
~Derek

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? ~ Proverbs 6:6-9

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 01:18:16 PM »
We just found out my 4 year old son has Lyme disease. We live in the woods where ticks are more than common. Though we did not see a bite or have one in him. He just started being really tired and went back to taking naps again. He hadn't taken naps in over a year. Then he started coming down with a low grade fever. Then a rash of sorts showed up. But the large spots would go away after a few days and reappear somewhere else on his body. When the arthritis like symptoms started, we knew it was getting serious. Luckily our regular doctor got him on antibiotics.

When a 4yo kid cries as soon as they wake up that their knees and legs hurt and won't get out of bed for an hour, something is wrong. He would also limp all the time. And very often fall down in pain because he couldn't stand. Very disheartening and painful for us to watch. Luckily the antibiotics turned things around basically overnight. He's right in the middle of a 24 day course. So hopefully things stay well after he comes off them.

Glad you caught it right away. I would also recommend doing whatever fits into your lifestyle and budget to keep him away from all other toxins, make sure diet is excellent, etc.... basically, help his body put the resources into healing the Lyme. Other toxins could be outgassing plastics (soft PVC), artificial chemical scents, artificial chemical colorings and flavorings, heavy chlorine, etc... just do what you can. Lots of rest and good food. Sunshine. Take some vitamins, the B's and C.

Put off any vaccines for a while.

Offline CagedFeral

• Survivor
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 03:59:56 AM »
My Grandfather died from this fairly quick back in 1977 at about 48 years old. He also had black lung to some degree so it was very hard to fight it. He ignored a swollen spot on his leg too long.

Back then they called it "Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever".  I'm not sure why. I'm sure it was Lyme.

My wife was bit on the back of her leg 2 weeks ago. It was an oblong 3/4in red circle around it. I absolutely demanded she go to the doctor by the next day. My wife never receives any demand well but she knew I'd fight for this one.

Redness is gone.

If you get bit and see a ring off redness get to a Dr soon!
Black & Gold.
“Government, even in it's best state is but a necessary evil ; In its worst state, an intolerable one.” - Thomas Paine

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 11:40:44 AM »
My Grandfather died from this fairly quick back in 1977 at about 48 years old. He also had black lung to some degree so it was very hard to fight it. He ignored a swollen spot on his leg too long.

Back then they called it "Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever".  I'm not sure why. I'm sure it was Lyme.

My wife was bit on the back of her leg 2 weeks ago. It was an oblong 3/4in red circle around it. I absolutely demanded she go to the doctor by the next day. My wife never receives any demand well but she knew I'd fight for this one.

Redness is gone.

If you get bit and see a ring off redness get to a Dr soon!

rocky mountain fever is a different tick borne disease. SO, not lyme, but also tick borne.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 09:00:37 PM »

I was trying to do some research on Lyme disease but I had to give it a break because hearing all the stories and details from utube is like living through a horror movie and I never liked horror movies. It seems I will have to give it a balanced approach.

There are ticks all over the place and I have been bitten at least a couple of times every year though I try to avoid it. I don't want to avoid being outdoors and in the garden. I try to stay out of heavy brush and deep grass but I still get ticks.

It does seem that the medical establishment tries hard to deny the existence of chronic lyme disease.

Offline bcksknr

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Child of the Cold War
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 05:24:57 AM »
     We live in a heavily infested tick area. Our county vector control agent came out and did what they call a "tick drag" wherein he pulled a white sheet through the woods and then counted the number of ticks that attached. It was a horror show. However, if I'm working in the thick stuff, I spray my pants legs with Permethrin and take a shower after I'm done clearing brush.
     The deer ticks, the type that carry Lymes, are extremely small as compared to the regular "dog ticks". As I understand it, they have to be on you for a number of hours before they could potentially infect you. They  have to burrow into the skin and feed on blood before they could potentially infect you. Because they can be difficult to detect on the body, repellent on clothing, showering and examination are the best ways to detect them
Today was yesterday's tomorrow.

Offline raisingcains

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 05:58:22 AM »
New research is showing whole leaf stevia extract to be more effective at killing Lyme disease then antibiotics.  A link to the original study is below.  Even Fox News has posted an article and there are many more beginning to pop up all over about it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4681354/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiXksyV8abVAhVOID4KHcqzDY4QFghLMAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fhealth%2F2017%2F07%2F12%2Fstevia-could-offer-cure-for-lyme-disease-researchers-say.html&usg=AFQjCNF-GRcebs55emJYCX2WhAn9i6W3Tw