Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Food Storage Resources / Re: Where to get canning jars
« Last post by Stwood on Today at 01:28:16 PM »
Red, are they charging the same amount of taxes on the internet order as the store?
Emergency Preparations / Re: What did you do today to prep...
« Last post by Stwood on Today at 01:16:40 PM »
- made a candle out of bacon grease. (surprised how well it works and long is lasts)

8)  What's your recipe? Would that work with lard?
« Last post by Stwood on Today at 01:14:35 PM »

- more composting

:facepalm:

Now that it's 200 degrees in the shade, I need to turn......er.....shovel mine over again. My bin is the size of 2 full size pickup beds, so it doesn't get turned to often.
Food Preps / Re: Where do you keep your Berkey
« Last post by Hootie on Today at 01:12:41 PM »
reading this reminds me of the purpose of zone1 in gardening.
maybe the Berkey in the kitchen is the "zone1 of water preps"

I found my son drinks more water because it's out.
Emergency Preparations / Re: Price of gas this week?
« Last post by Hootie on Today at 01:07:24 PM »
price in dallas is $2.80
« Last post by Hootie on Today at 11:20:04 AM »
- made a candle out of bacon grease. (surprised how well it works and long is lasts)
- prepared for family flying in to visit.
- more composting
« Last post by Carl on Today at 11:03:10 AM »
  Don't forget the LEMON PEPPER and Peppermint oil.....
« Last post by Redman on Today at 10:17:52 AM »
Yeah I think we're fixed on lamps, probably need another 1/2 gallon oil. USPS showed up a little bit ago with my Amazon order for the storeroom. 1lb. black pepper, 1lb. garlic powder, 1lb. mustard powder. As you say food is on going.
« Last post by Stwood on Today at 09:47:33 AM »
Over the last few days I've added items to the storeroom, replaced the wick holder on an antique oil lamp and bought lamp oil. Also bought another oil burning table lamp. That gives us 2 full size oil lamps, a mini oil lamp and a Dietz #80 hurricane lamp.

Sounds good on the lamps. I think we're up-to-snuff on the lamps now. I need to figure out which item to concentrate on besides food.
Food is always ongoing. I probably need to sort out medical and go that direction again.
Another example and this is from Oregon:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/05/17/alek-skarlator-oregon-commissoner/

Paris Train Hero Alek Skarlatos Runs For County Commissioner In Oregon

Serving as county commissioner would provide Skarlatos an opportunity to stand up for values he believes in and to represent a younger generation, he said.

“I think the political climate has led a lot of younger people to become interested in politics, myself included,” Skarlatos said. “I just hope to move Douglas County in a better direction.”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/school-shooting-self-defense-tips-from-paris-train-hero-alek-skarlatos

School-shooting self-defense tips from Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos

“We had kind of talked about that situation before, like what we would do,” Skarlatos told FOX Business’ Neil Cavuto during an interview Saturday. “That’s a huge help, too, just trying to imagine yourself in situations like that and thinking about what you’d do so you have an answer ahead of time. When it happens, you're not in a total state of shock.”
For instance, a moving target is harder to hit -- so if you’re stuck in an open area, it’s best to keep moving and running away from the shooter, he said. But if you’re trapped in a classroom and a gunman enters the room, and there’s no other escape options, “I’d definitely say fight it out because that’s your only hope at that point,” he said.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10