Author Topic: Alwaleed arrested  (Read 1199 times)

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
Alwaleed arrested
« on: November 05, 2017, 07:01:49 AM »
Saudi Arabia has arrested 11 princes on "corruption" including Prince Alwaleed, one of the world's largest individual investors. We might scoff but this is the guy who helped bankroll Twitter and Lyft. His business insights are simply profound. Beyond that he feels like a positive force for moving the Kingdom into the 21st century. He's joined Gates and Buffet in a pledge to give back, something he finds totally in line with his faith.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tech-apos-favorite-royal-prince-080544959.html

I'm unsure at this time what this means. Could be a shakedown as he's worth billions. But I'd expect a few ripples in the stock market.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Re: Alwaleed arrested
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 07:16:05 AM »
  I bet he has a nice prison cell.

LVWood

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 08:01:24 AM »
I'm not sure if it's coincidence Riyadh fell under a missile attack from Yemen at about the same time as the roundups.

:tinfoily:
Possible coup attempt?

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 08:04:17 AM »
I'm not sure if it's coincidence Riyadh fell under a missile attack from Yemen at about the same time as the roundups.

Possible coup attempt?

Or a CELEBRATION.....

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 08:15:00 AM »

Possible coup attempt?

I was wondering something similar. If you're going to arrest the guy who manages all the money for the royal family you better have a damn good reason. There's something fishy going on.

Offline alexlindsay

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 10:42:30 AM »
Likely has to do with consolidation of power by MBS.

But oil while it's cheap.....

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »
Likely has to do with consolidation of power by MBS.

But oil while it's cheap.....

I bought 4 quarts today

Offline bigbear

• Dedicated Contributor

LVWood

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 08:39:30 AM »
Two princes died within 24 hours.
Mansour Bin Muqrin in a helicopter crash, and Abdul Aziz is also dead but cause has not been given.
Not to be confused with Miteb bin Abdul Aziz who was arrested.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 09:00:44 AM »
alt media said something to the effect that Trump has a different attitude towards the kingdom than the Bush family and other and implied that has had something to do with recent changes after the last visit.

Other reports tie Saudi money into Clinton Foundation

This is supposedly a tweet from Trump from a couple of years ago in response to the one from the prince:

الوليد بن طلال ✔@Alwaleed_Talal
.@realDonaldTrump
You are a disgrace not only to the GOP but to all America.

Withdraw from the U.S presidential race as you will never win.
2:02 PM - Dec 11, 2015

=======

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
Dopey Prince @Alwaleed_Talal wants to control our U.S. politicians with daddy’s money. Can’t do it when I get elected. #Trump2016
10:53 PM - Dec 11, 2015

===========

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/675523728055410689?lang=en
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:06:00 AM by surfivor »

LVWood

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 09:02:30 AM »
alt media said something to the effect that Trump has a different attitude towards the kingdom than the Bush family and other and implied that has had something to do with recent changes after the last visit
Trump or obama administrations has little influence on Saudi internal politics.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 09:06:27 AM »

Obama would bow to them,President Trump would not.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 09:10:32 AM »

I have heard that the US govt and Saudi's are connected in many ways which has to do with oil being traded in US dollars

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/jul/28/iraq.usa

"In the 70s, the US agreed with Saudi Arabia that Opec oil should be traded in dollars. American governments have since been able to print dollars to cover huge trading deficits, with the further benefit of those dollars being placed in the US money markets. In return, the US allowed the Opec countries to operate a production and pricing cartel"

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 09:27:43 AM »
I have heard that the US govt and Saudi's are connected in many ways which has to do with oil being traded in US dollars

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/jul/28/iraq.usa

"In the 70s, the US agreed with Saudi Arabia that Opec oil should be traded in dollars. American governments have since been able to print dollars to cover huge trading deficits, with the further benefit of those dollars being placed in the US money markets. In return, the US allowed the Opec countries to operate a production and pricing cartel"

So the only real US benefit was to the bankers and not the citizens or the country.

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »
Alwaleed was a big time Clinton supporter and vocal Trump opponent. Not sure it has anything to do with the corruption charges, though. In all honesty he seems like a voice of reason in Saudi circles. Pretty western mindset an comes off as a nice guy. Doesn't dress the Mrs. like a beekeeper, either. [Side note but if she was my wife I'd show her off too.] Maybe this has more to do with a cultural crackdown than politics. I still have a hunch it's just a way to loot his assets though.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »
https://www.milesfranklin.com/the-plan-comes-together-2/

The plan comes together?
by Bill Holter | Nov 6, 2017 | Articles | 0 comments
My original thought was to write further about the left turning on and eating each other. The volume of news, “who” and the timing seemed to indicate something very big coming down. However, another story broke out of the blue this morning from Saudi Arabia that supersedes (though very well may have connections to) the feeding frenzy.
Crowned Prince Mohammed bin Salman had 11 princes and 38 current and former senior officials arrested on corruption and money laundering charges. http://www.reuters.com. Prince Alwaleed bin Talal being the most notable arrested. The thought process of “why” becomes scattered after the initial and obvious thought MBS is consolidating his power after being named as next in line back in June.
Adding to the confusion is this news of an offer of arms to the Saudis from Donald Trump https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-05/trump-tells-king-salman-he-supports-more-saudi-arms-purchases I would also point out I do not believe there is any coincidence at all the move was undertaken in Saudi Arabia at the same time Mr. Trump is arriving in Asia. Of additional note was a surprise tweet from Mr. Trump “lobbying” for the IPO of Aramco to be undertaken on the NYSE (by the way, the Chinese have expressed a 5% interest in this offering). There are other, smaller clues but I think we have enough here to see what may be taking place.
It is my opinion, the Saudis are