Author Topic: Great customer service  (Read 5895 times)

Offline Roknrandy

• He That Rocks:Viewer Discretion is Advised
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Master Spammer Obliterator
Great customer service
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:14:42 AM »
I was placing an order with Murs-Radio Monday morning at 10:35 and sent a question to Rob about the order. At 10:41 (yes, 6 minutes later  :o) I got a reply with the information needed. I placed the order and it arrived today and I'm playing with my new KA1102. Thanks for the fast service and answers Rob!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:18:12 AM by Roknrandy »

Offline 96Charlie

• Survivor
Re: Great customer service
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 11:35:39 AM »
Had the same great service even after the sale - he's a keeper.

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:02:38 PM »
Yup GREAT service. (even if he is from Mass. ;D )

Offline rob_ma

• Survivor
    • murs-radio.com - Two way radio and security equipment
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 03:51:52 PM »
Yup GREAT service. (even if he is from Mass. ;D )

WESTERN Massachusetts!!!

My small town votes red in every election.  :P

- Rob

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 05:46:32 PM »
Wish I could say that about my town ;)

By the way, the order showed up last Saturday, and they work GREAT!!

Offline Dr.Richard

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »
I have bought from MURS Radio on multiple occassions. Good company with good products. This is the preferred vendor for MURS radios that I recommend.

I will probably will not buy more until I break something as I've got two MURS base stations, 5+ handhelds, 4 of the motion sensors, and upgraded antennas, all of which work great as intended. Most of this (except some of the antenna upgrades) was bought from MURS radio.

Dr. Richard

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:13:52 PM »
Always good to hear that a show sponsor is meeting and exceeding the service standards we hope for...

Dr. Richard, thanks for the post... and welcome to the forum. Stop by the intro thread when you get a chance. Lots of friendly folks here -- we appreciate your input, too.

Offline Tackleberry

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Teotwawki tribe
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:13 PM »
I have to give a "here's to you " plug for Rob @ MURS.
Bought my system & it works better than I expected.
Had a small issue with the setup, e-mailed Rob, he contacted me within a few hours with a solution, problem solved.
GREAT customer service!
If you want comm, this is the company to use!
WILL be buying from him again!

Offline TraceA

• Survivor
    • TraceMyPreps
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 09:43:11 AM »
More examples of great customer service from Rob:

I recently emailed him a question (I'm including the email & response because others might be wondering the same):

Question: Why are your radios better & more expensive than the ones we found at Target (or other similar places)?

Jack on TSP rants about your products & I trust his judgements & reviews, & was planning on following his lead & buying from you.  This summer we are caravanning 2 vehicles on a 25 hour trip & I thought this would be the perfect 'excuse' to buy your radios.  I mentioned buying radios to my wife & she did some research & came up with the below radio from Target.

I am not a radio/commo guy.  I've used the issued ones in the military 12 years ago, & the issued ones as a paramedic--otherwise no technical understanding (definitely not a HAM type level).  When I read your features list, a lot of it goes over my head.  The Target radio comes in a set of 2, showing a range of 22 miles (I didn't find a range on yours, Jack has mentioned 2-3 miles).  I have no doubt yours are a better quality, but she sees this as a short term purchase & not the long term investment I'd like to make.

Thanks for your help.  Here's hoping we can make this work.

[Rob's Response:]
Thank you for your email. First off, the range claims on the Target radios are HUGELY over stated. No hand held radio will ever achieve that range directly to another hand held unless you are standing on the top of a very tall mountain. Height will increase your range since it will increase your line of sight. Radio operates mostly on line of sight. Compared to the MURS radios I sell the ones from Target will actually acheive about 1/2 to 3/4 at best the range mine will. That range can be anywhere from 1/2 mile to up to 3-4 miles depending upon terrain. The range is shorter in hilly terrain and greater over open terrain (like water). Range is all about what obstructions (terrain, buildings, etc.) are between the radios.

If you plan on caravanning and all vehicles are within sight of each other then any radio will work for you. If you plan on using them outdoors then the MURS radios would have an advantage. They operate on similar frequencies as the forestry departments who are also outdoors most of the time. The frequencies used by MURS radios will work better in this environment than the ones from Target. Also, if ever desired, the radios I sell also operate with the companion driveway alarms also sold on my web site. If that is something you are considering in the future you might want to consider that option.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to email me if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

- Rob