Author Topic: Amazon.com  (Read 39651 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Re: Amazon.com
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2017, 06:03:52 PM »
  I think MM has problems due to her location,out in the sticks...I'm guessing.
I refuse to punch back as I didn't come here to fight.

Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Online mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »
  I think MM has problems due to her location,out in the sticks...I'm guessing.

I never used to have any problems, from any sellers on Amazon until the past year, so I am merly noting the change, that some of the non-Amazon sellers there are going downhill.

The problems with scammers offering products for sale that they dont have, or misrepresenting an item that turns out to have missing parts doesnt have to do with my location, it is true that those were not  "fulfilled by Amazon" I do not order much, and until real recently, a fair amount of what little I do order was used textbook purchases from private parties that list on Amazon, so I buy those based on condition and price and do not pay more to get from Amazon itself.

My location can cause idiots like OnTrac to mis-deliver, but anything from UPS or USPS is better here than more urban because we (knock on wood) do not have people stealing packages like they do in town ! My son says what the papers say is true, that Amazon packages were stolen frequently from teh porch at his previous place, even though there was a solid, 6 ft redwood gate and fence they opened first to get there. His present location, which I'm about to drive over to, will likely be as bad, and no gate before the porch. The large pot I gave them when they moved in was stolen off the porch the first night

I will order from Amazon, because, as everyone else has observed, it will get made right and I will get my money back.

My usual mail-order delivery is excellent, and we have the same one UPS driver who learns all about where to leave everyones stuff, we chatted briefly today as he dropped off the package from Home depot with the new multi-tool, and took away they package of the missing parts muti-tool I got from the no-name Amazon seller.   
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 06:57:26 PM by mountainmoma »
Accomplished tea drinker and baby goat watcher

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2017, 07:08:06 PM »
  OK MM,I have not experienced this myself,but have heard tales of such happenings.
I refuse to punch back as I didn't come here to fight.

Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »
I totally forgot that my son had ordered brakes and rotors for his truck, which came in two boxes.  Someone stole the less cumbersome half, leaving the 50 pound half on the doorstep.

My son was worried, since he's not exactly wealthy, and couldn't afford to buy them again.  I told him to relax.  Between my lack of impulse control and Jay buying his work stuff through my Prime account, Amazon wants very much that I stay a happy customer.

It was replaced within two days.

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2017, 09:16:41 PM »
Between my lack of impulse control and Jay buying his work stuff through my Prime account, Amazon wants very much that I stay a happy customer.

It was replaced within two days.

I've wondered about that, and whether they track which addresses or neighborhoods that have theft problems.  Did they change anything on their end in terms of how they shipped future items? 

Knock on wood, I haven't had a delivery stolen when left by the front door, so I've probably grown a little complacent.  I get a little twinge of worry with the Bulk Ammo deliveries, but so far not enough to check the box requiring a signature from the FedEx guy.
23:57:30

Online mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2017, 12:21:59 AM »
  OK MM,I have not experienced this myself,but have heard tales of such happenings.

Oh, for sure. This area, everyone knows the UPS driver by first name, or just about.
Accomplished tea drinker and baby goat watcher

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2017, 08:22:36 AM »
I've wondered about that, and whether they track which addresses or neighborhoods that have theft problems.  Did they change anything on their end in terms of how they shipped future items? 

Knock on wood, I haven't had a delivery stolen when left by the front door, so I've probably grown a little complacent.  I get a little twinge of worry with the Bulk Ammo deliveries, but so far not enough to check the box requiring a signature from the FedEx guy.

I haven't seen any changes.

We have considered using Amazon Locker for more expensive items.  If you're in the city, it's a good option, though I haven't gotten around to actually trying it out.  In a nutshell, they deliver your package to a locker at a nearby store (our closest one is in front of the grocery store about half a mile away) and they give you a code or you can scan a barcode to open the locker.

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2017, 04:56:05 PM »
Anybody tried AmazonFresh?  Is it worth another $15 a month on top of Prime membership?

23:57:30

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2017, 01:15:42 PM »
Haven't tried it. I've used Amazon Pantry for sending things to my son at college... and it works very well.