Author Topic: New murs radio system owner with question  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Slick

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
New murs radio system owner with question
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:28:55 AM »
Can the base station monitor and alert you for more then one channel at a time because it seems if you have to change channel on the base station it leaves the other stations vulnerable ? thanks for anyone's help on this.. Brent

Offline rob_ma

• Survivor
    • murs-radio.com - Two way radio and security equipment
Re: New murs radio system owner with question
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »
Can the base station monitor and alert you for more then one channel at a time because it seems if you have to change channel on the base station it leaves the other stations vulnerable ? thanks for anyone's help on this.. Brent

Brent,

The base radio monitors only one channel at a time although it can be set to any one of the five MURS frequencies. Is there a reason that you are using multiple frequencies?

- Rob

Offline Slick

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 10:04:31 AM »
I am sure I have it wrong but the reason I wanted to use different frequencies so that I know which area there some thing going on, scenario alert sector 1 means some ones coming up the drive way I will have a motion and under drive way detector on that...  Alert sector 2 means deer are in at the feeder and maybe alert sector three means some ones around the pole barn you know what I mean and the wife will know what each sector means and so I know where to look to see whats going on so they all dont say alert sector one and I will have no clue where or what its alerting me to..Please explain if I have it wrong, thanks Brent

Offline rob_ma

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:23:09 PM »
I am sure I have it wrong but the reason I wanted to use different frequencies so that I know which area there some thing going on, scenario alert sector 1 means some ones coming up the drive way I will have a motion and under drive way detector on that...  Alert sector 2 means deer are in at the feeder and maybe alert sector three means some ones around the pole barn you know what I mean and the wife will know what each sector means and so I know where to look to see whats going on so they all dont say alert sector one and I will have no clue where or what its alerting me to..Please explain if I have it wrong, thanks Brent

OK, I understand what you are asking. The motion sensors can all be on the same channel. Inside the unit is a four position switch which allows a unique voice alert from each one. If you set the switch to position 1 you will hear "alert zone 1" repeated three times on your base radio. If you set a second one to position 2 you will hear "alert zone 2" from that sensor. This allows you to determine which one was tripped. There are four messages (alert 1 through 4) that can be chosen.

- Rob

Offline Slick

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 01:08:10 AM »
Rob so what your telling me is If I set the black switch in each sensor/unit to different 1 thru 4 that they all will come thru on channel 1 then ? I appreciate all the help.. Brent

Offline rob_ma

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 06:00:46 AM »
Rob so what your telling me is If I set the black switch in each sensor/unit to different 1 thru 4 that they all will come thru on channel 1 then ? I appreciate all the help.. Brent

Yes, that is correct. The black four position switch will change the voice message you will hear so that you can determine which sensor was tripped. As long as all the equipment is set to the same channel and sub-channel, you will hear all the alerts on that single channel.

- Rob

Offline Slick

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 10:37:49 AM »
thanks Rob