Author Topic: 299 Days: The Visitors (Book Five) - book discussion [SPOILER ALERT]  (Read 17585 times)

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
Re: 299 Days: The Visitors (Book Five) - book discussion [SPOILER ALERT]
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 09:20:35 PM »

Has anyone found the extra chapter for book 5 ?

It will be out soon. When it is, you can find it here (along with all the other bonus chapters): http://299days.com/free-download/

Offline MississippiJarhead

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I never learned from a man who agreed with me.-RAH
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2013, 05:48:05 AM »
I think watching Snelling to see if he is communicating with the Tories Loyalist on the outside would be in order. Miss-information could be spread by "accidentally" letting Snelling find out about the fifty Marines or whatever other subterfuge you would like the enemy to think.

Once war has been declared, and you're fooling yourself if you do not believe that to be the case by this point in the story, you are foolish to allow an enemy sympathizer to roam free in your midst. It's ugly but something has to be done about it. They need to on some level, take the fight to the enemy before the winter depletes their supplies and disease make further resistance less likely to succeed.

My only knock remains the price to material ratio. I read all five books since last Friday but I did enjoy them and I will get the rest. If the sentiment of the books wasn't lining up so well with my personal Libertarian beliefs I couldn't justify the price.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2013, 09:53:01 AM »
I think watching Snelling to see if he is communicating with the Tories Loyalist on the outside would be in order. Miss-information could be spread by "accidentally" letting Snelling find out about the fifty Marines or whatever other subterfuge you would like the enemy to think.

That's legit stratego thinking, but my money says Grant and crew chop him up into pieces and feed him to the hogs in the middle of the night.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2013, 06:44:52 PM »

That's legit stratego thinking, but my money says Grant and crew chop him up into pieces and feed him to the hogs in the middle of the night.

So you enjoyed "Surviving Home" too, I take it?  I sure did!

Offline shambo

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2013, 07:25:48 PM »
So you enjoyed "Surviving Home" too, I take it?  I sure did!
I am a hugh fan of the surviving home series.  I read all three books.  Its a great read till Glen gets his other books out.  The price is easier to take too.

Offline 4bull

• The Pumpkin Whisperer
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
Just finished all 5 books for the 3rd time .  Thanks ill look at surviving home next .