Author Topic: 299 Days: The 17th Irregulars (Book Six) - book discussion [SPOILER ALERT]  (Read 22197 times)

Offline Hootie

• Written Word Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Just another day gardening in the heat of texas
    • Frozen Gardener
Re: 299 Days: The 17th Irregulars (Book Six) - book discussion [SPOILER ALERT]
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 02:21:19 PM »
Sure hope the collapse doesn't happen before book 7 is released. It's going to be a giant PIA to travel cross country after SHTF to track down Glen and find out how the book ends. ????

+1
to be honest that was my biggest concern during the Gov Shut Down. I am not prepared to be left hanging with just book 6... I mean, if the gas prices spike and trucks stop delivering shipments, how am I going to get book 7?   ???

Offline backwoods_engineer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • An engineer trying to get back to the woods
    • Backwoods Engineer's Blog
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 05:48:25 PM »
Sure hope the collapse doesn't happen before book 7 is released. It's going to be a giant PIA to travel cross country after SHTF to track down Glen and find out how the book ends. ????

Yep.  As Glen is wont to say, "This s**t is [getting] real."

Offline Rangeboss

• Survivalist Mentor
  • MSB member
    • The Shooters Podcast
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »
I was just reading about near riots, fights and thefts that occurred this week when the food stamp E.B.T. system went down for a few HOURS. Not days. It was immediate chaos. Think what would happen with just a failure of that system for a few days? Not sure many store would go unscathed, if not a few burned to the ground. Jack has said it before and the worl keeps proving him right, "You dont need a total collapse for things to get really bad, really fast".

Offline RuggedCyclist

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Capitalist hippie
    • Boulder Stonecraft
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2015, 01:45:40 AM »
A few chapters in, a song called "Young" by Hollywood Undead is mentioned, and I am absolutely incredibly amazed that this middle aged upscale suburban government employee author even knows of the existence of this freaking band. I always thought only 14-17 year old white kids living in poverty stricken regions with widespread drug problems had ever heard of them. Seriously though, what an incredible touch. He obviously has a teenage daughter. There's no other way an old guy could throw that in there. It's so accurate because that's exactly what a 16 year old girl would listen to on her iPod especially back when these were written and it's so fitting for a collapse.