Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
It is a full on media assault on gun rights.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/obvious-media-bias-major-media-headline-writers-concerned-only-about-the-rights-money
Obvious media bias: Major media headline writers concerned only about the Right's money

Media bias rarely is as clear-cut as this.

The Treasury Department announced this week that it would free certain tax-exempt organizations, including Planned Parenthood and the National Rifle Association, from a rule requiring that they identify donors who give $5,000 or more.

Yet, for whatever reason, the New York Times, CNN, USA Today, and others focused their headlines on the fact that the rule change would benefit the NRA and groups aligned with libertarian brothers Charles and David Koch, causing a predictable deluge of online outrage.

The Man in the High Castle Season 3 trailer   :clap: :clap: :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP9wkTEgORI
Homesteading and Self Reliant Living / Re: What Did You Harvest Today?
« Last post by mountainmoma on Yesterday at 10:39:07 PM »
No-one up where I live has tomatoes ripe yet, we had a cold June.  On the other hand, we almost always have warm enough falls that the tomatoes will linger and we can pick for thanksgiving, a few.  Main crops should be september. 

So, I harvested some magenta spreen lambs quarters and purslane today, and a couple early blackberries.
« Last post by LvsChant on Yesterday at 09:12:05 PM »
Peaches are done... probably no more fruit until the apples and pears get ready.

I picked tomatoes today. We aren't eating them fast enough... may have to start dehydrating. I also need to start dehydrating the fresh herbs for wintertime. The oregano, basil, thyme and parsley are all ready to go. Dill already went to seed :)

Cucumbers are doing well... they are stacking up inside.
Forbes: State Department Demands Takedown Of 3D-Printable Gun Files For Possible Export Control Violations

Settled in the manufacturer's favor:

ArsTechnica, 7/17/18: 3D-printed gun lawsuit ends after 3+ years—in gun publisher’s favor

Defense Distributed, the 3D-printing gun activist group, has secured a settlement with the Department of State that will enable it to legally distribute its CAD files of firearms on its DEFCAD website, putting an end to a years-long lawsuit. ...

The settlement, which was signed in April but only took effect in late June, says that the DEFCAD files in question are "approved for public release (unlimited distribution) in any form and are exempt from the export licensing requirements of the [International Traffic in Arms Regulations]."

The State Department has also agreed to pay Defense Distributed's legal fees, which total nearly $40,000.

The federal civil suit began more than five years ago when Cody Wilson and his group, Defense Distributed, published designs for the "Liberator," the world’s first 3D-printed handgun.

Within months, Defense Distributed received a letter from the United States Department of State's Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance stating that 10 files, including the designs of the Liberator, were in violation of the ITAR. ...
« Last post by Stwood on Yesterday at 05:40:53 PM »
Tomatoes, red and green okra. Also pulled some onions, and dug a few white taters.

I found a https://www.eatwell101.com/garlic-parmesan-roasted-potatoes-recipe awesome looking tater recipe I want to try out. I usually don't follow the rules with recipes, I just add my own.
The Recipe Board / Re: Cushaw Bread
« Last post by Redman on Yesterday at 05:33:35 PM »
The ones I had were 12 to 13 lbs. Yes a nice size. I've read they can get up to 20 pounds. That ain't me in the pic. I handsomer  :rofl: .
The Front Porch / Re: Intro Thread
« Last post by Redman on Yesterday at 05:23:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum Patricia. There is a lot of good info here. Dream up a question and go cruising or just ask.
The Front Porch / Re: Intro Thread
« Last post by QuikSand12 on Yesterday at 04:16:51 PM »
hi, I'm Patricia I'm new at being a prepper I want to learn stuff, specially hording food. I've been backreading this forum for 2 weeks now learning from it and decided to join and be part of it. Thanks!
Solar Power / Re: Portable solar system to run electric fans
« Last post by surfivor on Yesterday at 01:08:30 PM »
 I was going by what the console readout on the battery looked like when it was charging from the wall which took quite a while but showed much more watts of input. I thought I had it angled kind of towards the sun, but then I realized the sun was a bit more to the west possibly from where I had aimed it. I got the console to show 27 watts of input from the solar panel after further adjustments which seems much better.

I have so many adapters and input options that this thing came with as well as the lithium battery, I was screwing around for quite a while trying to figure out why it appeared the solar panels were connected but the battery console was not registering anything.

The lithium battery has a special solar panel input with +/- and an adapter for that and then a different input for single adapter. I ended up doing the charge on the single adapter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10