Author Topic: Product question  (Read 1744 times)

Offline mikem

• Survivalist Mentor
  • ¿por qué so serious?
Product question
« on: October 18, 2012, 05:36:24 PM »
Howdy!
I was just wondering how your pre-packaged survival kits sell in comparison to individual components? Do you find a lot of folks are buying your pre-stocked kits or building them out themselves based on personal preference? Not sure why I've been contemplating this question lately, but figured you'd be a good candidate to answer :)

Cheers!
Mike

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
Re: Product question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 06:57:31 AM »
We sell a fair amount of the pre-stocked kits, but none of our kit deals are really touted as being the "complete" bug out bag.  They are usually a way to get a good deal on many components to get a kit started.  So even the people buying them are still customizing those kits to a great degree. 

Most other orders are people buying component or two for a Bug Out Bag, and occasionally someone will log in and order $500 in gear to build out a full kit.  To me, Bug Out Bags evolve and end up being continually built over time, and I am a proponent of using your kit all the time.  To patch up a kid who fell of their bike, or taking on a hike or picnic, or being able to pull out some key tool help with repair in a park lot.  That is why I am not a proponent of the $99 cheapo "complete" bug out bag that you will find else where.  I guess they do have their place, and are better than nothing, and who knows, maybe if I added them they would be a big seller.  I just can't get into them, and my customers never request them.
www.SurvivalGearBags.com Join the Members Support Brigade and you will receive 10% off.
Also Visit www.TSPGear.com