Author Topic: Yoga And Fitness Instructor Answers Questions  (Read 2782 times)

Offline helix2301

• Survivor
  • techgeek and ham radio operator
    • The Technology Geek Podcast
Yoga And Fitness Instructor Answers Questions
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:09:02 AM »
As you guys that know me on the forum know I am a yoga and fitness instructor I did an AMA on reddit to answers peoples questions on Yoga and Fitness

http://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/2vs112/ama_i_am_yoga_and_fitness_instuctor/

I wanted to extend that to you guys on the forum since you guys are an awesome group and have help me out with on my questions on EDC, Go Bags, my gardening, hunting and homestead. If you don't want ask here you can always hit me up on my facebook https://www.facebook.com/brandonsyoga thanks guys I hope I can answer some questions for you guys.

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
Re: Yoga And Fitness Instructor Answers Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:18:02 AM »
My wife is a pilates instructor and has her own little studio where she does one on one training. This crappy economy is killing her business how is yours doing?
The early bird gets the worm.....But the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline helix2301

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:26:01 AM »
My wife is a pilates instructor and has her own little studio where she does one on one training. This crappy economy is killing her business how is yours doing?

I operate a little differently I work at gyms mostly so I have very little over head business has been busy I work at a different gym everyday. The travel can be tough at times.

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 07:57:18 PM »
I got ya. I was a personal trainer from 1988-89 at world gym.
The early bird gets the worm.....But the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline helix2301

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 05:42:21 AM »
I got ya. I was a personal trainer from 1988-89 at world gym.

Thats really cool. I worked as a personal trainer at a golds for a while. I really like yoga and weight lifting its been a passion of mine for a while. I like yoga now better I really like helping people get healthy its rewarding.

Offline artephius

• Survivor
  • Recovering forum lurker..
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 09:00:52 AM »
I realize this is a year old, but if you're still around, I'll take you up on the offer to answer questions, if you're offer still stands!

What do you as a yoga instructor think about someone trying to learn yoga from videos online rather than going to classes?

I've been getting more and more interested in yoga lately, however everyone seems to want about $100 a month around here, and while I certainly don't think that is unfair, I'm not up to adding extra expenses right now. Seems like yoga is so common and popular I ought to be able to learn just fine from videos, unless there is something I'm unaware of...

There are plenty of videos of all levels of skill on youtube for vinasa flow sequences for example, as well as insane amazing videos of incredible skill I could only dream of approaching (like this -- wow).

What do you think?

Thanks!