Author Topic: What did you do today? (Permaculture)  (Read 701 times)

Offline CagedFeral

• Survivor
What did you do today? (Permaculture)
« on: May 07, 2017, 04:05:57 AM »
I thought this might be a good question to start a thread full of good ideas. I'm new to the idea of Permaculture but I'm all in. I've found so many good ideas already. Jack's show was my motivation.

I've been on a staycation this last week and have calluses and back pain but I'm pretty happy with I've got done.

I've worked hard and got alot done but back to work Monday. I have to remember what my grandpa said, " You can do alot in an hour of work".
Black & Gold.
“Government, even in its best state is but a necessary evil; In its worst state, an intolerable one.” - Thomas Paine

Offline PorcupineKate

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Head Weed Puller
Re: What did you do today? (Permaculture)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 06:33:23 AM »
This weekend we got the mobile chicken coop ready for the latest batch of little chickens. 

More cardboard and wood chips were put between the garden beds. 

I also gave a bunch of heirloom tomato seedlings to a friend as part of her baby sower present.  She hadn't had time to grow any this spring while being pregnant.  Not a traditional gift but she loved them.

Offline fred.greek

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 05:43:40 PM »
A few months back we attended a mushroom growing “class”.  Today I inoculated all of our planting areas with samples from our mushroom grow bag.  If nothing else, I hope it helps the existing plants.

Or did I just make a huge mistake?
Retired, but still working in the garden...

Offline CagedFeral

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 04:26:31 AM »
Today I moved a 5gal bucket planted with blackberry to the first post of a 72ft trellis fence I just put up last week.

I found out accidentally that the easiest way to propagate blackberry is to set a healthy bucketed plant where you want a new one started then leave it. It will root through the drain holes and start growing new when you move the bucket snapping in off. You could probably move it twice a year.
Black & Gold.
“Government, even in its best state is but a necessary evil; In its worst state, an intolerable one.” - Thomas Paine