Author Topic: Primal Gear take down bow  (Read 4728 times)

Offline ublinkd

• Survivor
Primal Gear take down bow
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:52:27 AM »
I just ordered one of these after watching Dave Canterbury's review of it on youtube yesterday. I can't wait to get it! Does anyone else have one? I will share pics and thoughts when I get it.
Idleness brings want

Offline Scottman

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Primal Gear take down bow
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 02:46:05 PM »
I'm looking forward to your review!

Offline ublinkd

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:23:56 PM »
Ok here is my update...

1. I have the bow! It shipped within their 2-3 day stated period and moved from GA to VA in 2.5 days via FedEx.
2. It arrived safe and sound with everything in tact and no scratches. These guys wrapped the bow in a layer of foam sheet, then bubble wrap, then stuffed newspaper around it in the box so it couldn't move at all!
3. Being a mechanical designer I can say that this bow is well made and thought out. Also the quality of the powder coating is very good!
4. It strung up easily and drew smoothly. Oh yeah FYI I got the 60# version.
5. I have shorter fingers and I was afraid that the grip area would not fit my hand well. I was pleased to learn that this was not a problem.

I will get some pics up this weekend and my notes on how it shoots. I will say that based on just looks and feel alone that it is a very good purchase.

More to come...Art in VA
Idleness brings want

Offline Vulcan

• Senior Survivalist
    • My 13-In-13 Page
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »
:popcorn:

Offline ublinkd

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »
Quick update...I finally got to shoot the bow tonight! Bottom line is that I would recommend it to anyone! I will share more tomorrow.
Idleness brings want

Offline ublinkd

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 10:22:18 AM »
I have now been able to shoot several types of arrows (aluminum and carbon) off this bow and it works great with anything you put on it. The draw is smooth and it is decently quiet even without sting silencers (I will be putting them on). The assembly and take down is easy. I wish it had a camouflage option on the powder coat but that is nothing that some paint can't cure. As it ships, one cool thing about it is, no one knows what it is just on a simple glance. I had it sitting on my office desk folded up all day and no one even noticed it. Anyway, like I said on my quick review...I would recommend this to anyone that want a great SHTF bow or an ever day bow even!

Art in VA
Idleness brings want

Offline PistolWhipped

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »
NICE.  50# is a bit above my level right now, but between these and their takedown arrows I will definitely be adding those to the kit someday.

Offline arrowbreaker

• Survivor
  • MSB & TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 07:23:27 PM »
I showed my buddy one online and he pounced and ordered one straight away - I originally saw it on Dave Canterbury's video too, he makes archery look so much easier than it is lol

Offline Tactical Badger

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Preparedness Junky
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 09:21:53 AM »
Anyone know anything about the Xpecter survival bows?  Same concept...a little cheaper.