Author Topic: Front Sight Reality Check YouTube Series  (Read 1598 times)

Offline iam4liberty

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
Front Sight Reality Check YouTube Series
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:59:14 PM »
I have been really impressed by Front Sight's new video series.  They take footage of real world self defense survival situations and use them to illustrate training points.  Number 10 and 11 are especially illustrative of the real threats out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jygOSuySIXU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0mUax-xs-k

But don't take away from these videos that they only show victories by the good guys.  They have been very open about showing what happens when bad tactics are used or bad decisions are made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipt8jYvBaY

Offline mxitman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Entrepreneur/HVAC Mechanic/Electrician
    • Heezy
Re: Front Sight Reality Check YouTube Series
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:31:17 AM »
good stuff, I've seen quite a few of these surveillance videos, nice to have the feedback on them. I subscribed and will watch them all eventually. Just ordered a new holster from Alien gear, looking forward to it,

Offline Gator573

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Live Simple
Re: Front Sight Reality Check YouTube Series
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 10:25:23 PM »
I like these sort of videos for training. They help to impart the just how fast these things go down. The first FATS live fire scenario I went through, had me only manage to draw and partially get some concealment by the time he was done shooting and running away. Good thing it was only computer controlled video with no real bullets. Force on force simunition training drove the point home even harder. These things go down fast, very fast.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard people who carry guns detail these elaborate sets of criteria  and checklists that would have to be met before they would even consider drawing their weapon let alone firing it. Having been through multiple high level training courses and several real world incidents, I can confidently say that people who wait for a perfect storm of events might as well disassemble their weapon and leave it at home. It'll be over before you even consciously begin to tick criteria off of your list.

We trained under the rule of three philosophy for lethal encounters. It usually involves three shot at about three feet apart and it is generally over in three seconds.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles" - Jeff Cooper

DoJ Handgun/Long Gun Instructor.
ALERRT active shooter response trainer.