Author Topic: Beeman Kodiak x2 dual barrel  (Read 1994 times)

Offline CagedFeral

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
Beeman Kodiak x2 dual barrel
« on: January 12, 2017, 03:16:13 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has one of these & what your experience has been. What have you done as far as scope ring & scope upgrades? I'm new to pellet guns.

My daughter & son in-law got this for me for Christmas. I was like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story"!

I've only had time to shoot about 50 rds so far. Seemed pretty darn nice and fairly accurate at about 20yds.
I'm thinking a one piece scope mount with some Loctite is the upgrade needed first. Then I'll see if I need a little better scope.

This thing was louder than a 22lr btw. It doesn't bother me but I was very surprised. I haven't had an air rifle since I was about 12 & that was a bb gun. I was impressed with it's power in .22. I have not tried the .177. I want to set it up in 22 and maybe use it to make squirrel or rabbit dumplings next fall.
Black & Gold.

Offline Lamewolf

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Beeman Kodiak x2 dual barrel
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 02:38:34 PM »
Had one and returned it,  could not get it to stay zeroed in.  Don't know if it was the cheap scope of the rifle itself, but after sitting over night, I had to zero it all over again so I returned it for a refund.  Then bought a Benjamin 392 which shoots almost as good as a match grade rifle.  Oh, and the reason yours is so loud is because of all the oil in it, once that gets blown out and burns away it will quiet down some - its known as dieseling where the high compression actually causes the oil to ignite.  Shot it after dark and you will see a small flame come out the muzzle !

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Survival Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 03:49:28 PM »
The spring air guns need a very tough scope due to the nature of the stress of recoil while firing.
A centerfire rifle scope or quaility airgun scope ...but not a .22 scope as they often are damaged by spring-air action.
Some of the lightweight ,centerfire,scopes are also a good compromise.

Heavier pellets are my choice for any level of hunting.  Beeman has a good selection for starters.
I refuse to punch back as I didn't come here to fight.

Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline CagedFeral

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 03:58:50 AM »
Thanks. I have not had time to shoot it much. I did get a good one piece mount on it last time and zeroed it in good to about 25 yards. It did quiet down suddenly. I could smell the oil burning till about 70rds. I need to make time to test it more.

I was impressed with the 22 power. We shot right through thick metal cans with huge exit holes. The scope was very easy to zero but I haven't shot it enough to know how long it'll hold. I put the 22 barrel in very tight with alot of loctite so I'll have to shoot it more before I know. I'm sure the scope has to be cheap junk but I'm hoping the gun itself might be ok.
I wish it had some good iron sights on it. I'd be happy with that alone and a scope would be on my "someday list".

I'll probably be here asking about pellet gun scopes before long. :)
Black & Gold.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 04:06:46 AM »
  A red dot ,electronic can be a good choice for both eyes open shooting and they are lightweight and survive well and provide good open view.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline CagedFeral

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 04:22:12 AM »
Carl, I'll have to check that out.

I'm not up to date on what's out there these days. I'm not really a hunter anymore.  I wish I was though.
Black & Gold.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 04:31:01 AM »
Carl, I'll have to check that out.

I'm not up to date on what's out there these days. I'm not really a hunter anymore.  I wish I was though.

While I prefer .22 rifles for casual and target shooting ,most any shooting can hone a skill and provide relaxation and great feeling of accomplishment as I enjoy keeping a good meat supply from both 22 and airgun use to provide bunnies and squirrels from morning hunts near my hand tossed garden at the BOL. I often target shoot with crackers stood in a groove cut in a 2x4 as they don't require I pick up after the shoot as beneficial birds always are ready to snack  on my range.  You can 'hunt' animal cookies and gain skill and confidence.

Offline CagedFeral

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 05:25:26 AM »
I married a woman who would only let me bring animal crackers home.

She has no idea how I grew up.  My grandmother would send us out to get squirrel for supper.  I have a wife and two daughters. Thankfully I also have two great future son in-laws who are the un-heard of bad ass Millennials.  They love hunting so I'm back in. My girls are starting to understand me now.

Black & Gold.