Author Topic: Heavy G's tactical classes  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
Heavy G's tactical classes
« on: April 24, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »
Hey guys: I'm doing firearms training classes with some really good tactical guys.  We do them in the Seattle area on Sundays.

We do basic and tactical firearms training, including a legal class on firearms law and self-defense.  We also do outfitting to get people from 0 to 60 on their firearms preps.  By "outfitting" I mean we figure out what guns and accessories will work for you and then get them for you.  We love to take newbie preppers and get them up to speed quickly.  But we like having experienced shooters too.

This training isn't cheap and we only take a couple of people at a time.  This is not a "hang out at the range" thing.  This is a serious course and, if you want it, outfitting.

If you or someone you know is interested, PM me.  Love to hear from you.

I and the other gentlemen involved are keep our identities very discrete.  We have measures in place to not give away who we are.  We have good reasons to stay anonymous.  (It's totally legal.) 

Oh, that's the other thing: if you're some felon or revolutionary wannabe who wants to learn how to kill people, we don't want to have anything to do with you.  We train sheepdogs.  (If you're not familiar with term, see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW8BZ7pRt28)

Thanks, dudes, and we'd love to see you out on the range at a class.

You might be interested in the ten-book prepper novel series called 299 Days.  I, like, wrote it and stuff.  Prepper Press is publishing it.  Seriously.  Check out www.299Days.com.

"If you pissed away your time and energy watching football and herding the family to endless soccer games, well, sorry grasshopper." -- post by jasonthomas on TSP

Offline SteveandTracyinKY

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Survival Chef
    • The Hen House
Re: Heavy G's tactical classes
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:56:36 AM »
Well, sounds like a good time, but I am on the other side of the country. Best of luck to ya.
SwagBucks This program will let you get Amazon gift cards free, just for using their search engine. I paid for my X-mas with it!

"The Hen House"

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 11:06:28 AM »
so is this your BIG news?  that we have been waiting weeks months for.....
"Preparedness, when properly pursued, is a way of life, not a sudden, spectacular program" - Spencer W. Kimball
"Life isn't about trying to survive the storm; but about learning to dance in the rain" - unknown
Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity

Prepping makes even a hurricane just an inconvenience.

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »
I'm 99.398750% sure this isn't it. ;)
Making the best of the DASH.

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 03:51:53 PM »

Nope.  The big news is way bigger. 

You might be interested in the ten-book prepper novel series called 299 Days.  I, like, wrote it and stuff.  Prepper Press is publishing it.  Seriously.  Check out www.299Days.com.

"If you pissed away your time and energy watching football and herding the family to endless soccer games, well, sorry grasshopper." -- post by jasonthomas on TSP

Offline TexasGirl

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Simple country farm girl. Prepper? What's that?
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
Well Heavy,

I'd love to come, but it would be quite a commute, and I'd most likely have to spring for another bullet or two, and maybe need to buy some sort of gun.

Sounds wonderful though.  Thanks for all you are doing to help others!

~TG

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »
Nope.  The big news is way bigger. 

He's pregnant.

(Sorry G, couldn't keep it secret any longer.)

The Professor
On "The List" since 1994.  Isn't it about time YOU got on The List?

I once filled the best and brightest of our young men and women with important knowledge. . .now, I just get paid for my opinions.  Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 05:49:24 AM »
Well Heavy,

I'd love to come, but it would be quite a commute, and I'd most likely have to spring for another bullet or two, and maybe need to buy some sort of gun.

Sounds wonderful though.  Thanks for all you are doing to help others!

~TG

If you look anything like your profile pic, we'll comp you....

Offline Frugal Upstate

• Dedicated Contributor
  • aka Jenn Fowler and Jenn @ Frugal Upstate ;)
    • Frugal Upstate
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 08:25:23 AM »
He's pregnant.

(Sorry G, couldn't keep it secret any longer.)

The Professor

That's exactly what ran through my mind ;)
Check out my blog: Frugal Upstate 
Frugal-Sustainable-Prepared

Offline TexasGirl

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Simple country farm girl. Prepper? What's that?
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 09:13:43 AM »
If you look anything like your profile pic, we'll comp you....

Yeah, well you shouldn't go out of your way.  Mrs HG might get miffed, then you'd be posting on your other thread asking us for advice.

Besides, I don't have $9,287. to put into a new gun.

~TG

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 01:03:40 PM »
Me and the guys doing a demonstration for a class:

I'm the one on the right.

Offline Josh the Aspie

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Faith, Hope, Love.
    • Josh the Aspie's Homepage
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 07:33:32 PM »
It looks like some kind of advancing pattern.  Is that the case?

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 08:46:03 PM »
Yep.  Not a complicated one.  It's just good practice to have people shooting near you to make you feel comfortable with it.  And to watch where you are and your guys are.

Offline templar223

• Survivor
    • GSL Defense Training
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 02:31:28 PM »
I and the other gentlemen involved are keep our identities very discrete.  We have measures in place to not give away who we are.  We have good reasons to stay anonymous.  (It's totally legal.) 

Thanks, dudes, and we'd love to see you out on the range at a class.

Mr. HG:

I won't be taking training from "anonymous" instructors and I would *strongly* advise anyone seeking training to steer *way* clear of anyone who won't give you their names and credentials ahead of time.

If you want to be anonymous, offer your training to people in your circle of friends on a face to face manner.

But soliciting students while playing the "anonymous" card?  C'mon.

John
Guns Save Life meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Rantoul, IL. Ask me how to get there! It's a great time.

GSL Defense Training provides NRA Personal Protection in the Home courses that satisfy the training requirement for a Florida non-resident License to Carry, as well as intermediate-level pistol training and training in the use of Urban Rifles.

Project Appleseed teaches the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and American heritage. Come out and learn how to be a Rifleman instead of a cook. We'll show you how! Women and those under 21 are FREE!

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Reporter for the CNN
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »
Mr. HG:

I won't be taking training from "anonymous" instructors and I would *strongly* advise anyone seeking training to steer *way* clear of anyone who won't give you their names and credentials ahead of time.

If you want to be anonymous, offer your training to people in your circle of friends on a face to face manner.

John
HeavyG is legit, the people he trains with are legit. He is not refusing to give info, he is asking people to contact him for the info.
That way he can start to weed out the wackos from the start like the one in Aurora.
I can also understand not wanting to broadcast his groups all over the Internet for everyone/monitoring service to see.

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 03:58:33 PM »

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Come take one of our classes and then let me know what you think.

I have a day job that prevents me from being a "known prepper" so I can't put my identity out there.  I won't be destroying my career to satisfy your curiousity.

Offline Muddyboots

• Danger: Do Not Inflate
  • Survivalist Mentor
  • Hoodlum's Ambassador
    • Hood's Woods- the Hoodlums Forum
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 10:48:18 PM »
Let's play a little game:

Fill in the blanks!

1) I have __________ training.

2) Heavy G is charging __________ for training.

3) Seattle is close to Fort___________.

4) _____________ is based out of there.

5) They might NOT want to put their names all over the net because (essay question, use separate sheet):

6) I know ___________ about training because of my time__________with__________ and that qualifies me to tell others to ____________themselves.

7) _________is my favorite trainer.

8) I have spent _________hours training with him/her this year.

9) I have spent ___________ hours training on my own time.

10) My tri-Lambda speed is___________ for a perfect run.

11) I spend__________ hours on the internet per day.

12) my hat to ego ratio is____________

I hope this helps people get an understanding for training and what is being offered.

Me, I'm nobody and I defy you to prove otherwise.

Muddyboots
Communication is a Survival Skill.

Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased!
Thus do we refute entropy.
-also-
It is better to be poor in a healthy economy than rich in a dying economy!
 -S. Robinson

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 05:20:58 AM »
I have known G for a couple of years now, I've seen him progress as his group has built their business, and not only would I trust him and his group to train me, I'd trust them to have my back if the need ever came, Hands Down, No Questions Asked.

I will vouch for him with 100% confidence. 

Doc

Docwatmo

Father of 3 wonderfull little men, and lucky husband to an amazing woman. 
"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne
"Don't prepare for everything, prepare for anything." Doc 
"Gods Speed, Jenkins, Gods Speed" - Nafterize

Mark II, Mod 3, gas operated, self lubricating Inflatable Goat type 1
Ever watchful for the deadly Blue Winged Pecker Snapple
http://averageguyreviews.wordpress.com Just an average guy, reviewing gear for the average guy (or gal).
http://www.zombieasc.com  We teach survival skills and we come to you!

Offline rogersorders

• Survivor
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 05:29:15 AM »
Heavy G, it's nice to see you and your coworkers are finding a way to pass your training to the prepper public.

By the way, is that your real karma level or just a coincidence?

Standing Order #19. Let the enemy come 'til he's almost close enough to touch. Then let him have it and jump out and finish him with you hatchet. - Maj Robert Rogers, 1759

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 06:28:24 AM »

By the way, is that your real karma level or just a coincidence?

275 karma points.  As in the 2-75, as in the 2nd of the 75th, as in the 2nd Ranger battalion (75th infantry)?  Which is stationed a few miles away at Ft. Lewis?

Nope.  A clever thought, rogersorders, but I can never claim to be something I'm not.  Those tan-lid boys are amazing and I am not qualified to deliver pizza to them.

Given that the range we shoot at is close to Ft. Lewis, we've had all kinds of interesting guests come out and shoot with us.  Rangers, SF, and CCTs.  Me and the real-life guys on the Team (the guys in the book 299 Days that I wrote (www.299Days.com)) just stood back and watched them.  They are so good it's spooky.

I am not a mall ninja.  I am not an "operator".  I'm just a guy who learned a bunch of stuff and hangs out with some really good civilian tactical shooters.  We pass on what we know to mostly beginners.  That being said, we're pretty good.

Rogersorders:  For those who don't know, "Rogers orders" is a Ranger thing, as in the orders given by the first Ranger, Major Robert Rogers.  You must be a tan-lid boy.  Thank you for what you do, man.  I respect the hell out of you guys.  If you're out at Ft. Lewis, send me a PM.  We'd love to have you out and learn from you and your guys.  We'll buy you lunch.

Offline rogersorders

• Survivor
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 07:17:58 AM »
You must be a tan-lid boy. 

I've heard a lot of nick names but never that one. I used to be one but "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak". Maybe if the flesh holds out I'll go back one day. 

Don't put them on a pedestal. Most anybody with an unlimited budget for gear and training and all day to train or workout could be just as good. It's all about drive and mentality.
Standing Order #19. Let the enemy come 'til he's almost close enough to touch. Then let him have it and jump out and finish him with you hatchet. - Maj Robert Rogers, 1759

Offline Erik the Red

• Prepper
  • When someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »
So I just took a weekend training class with Heavy & Company. I can't properly express how awesome this weekend was. We spent an entire day on defensive pistol, then a half day each on tactical carbine and shotgun. I had a really super time and learned a ton.

For some background -- I have only really been shooting pistol for about a year, and have never before had any formal training. Through trial and error, I had been able to get to where I could hit pretty much what I aimed at with 15-20 yards, but not with much precision. I could hit a man sized target from this distance - most of the time. I trained with the M-16 in the army, but that was over 20 years ago, and only during basic (I was in comms). Whatever measly carbine chops I may have once had, they were long gone.

We began with with pistol, correcting my stance and grip. The direction I received was absolutely amazing. The pistol instructor has a true gift for breaking down complex information into easy to understand pieces. Not only did he correct the things I was doing wrong, he made sure I understood why the demonstrated methods were better. And the proof was in the pudding, as they say. By the end of the session my groups were very tight on static targets from a static position. In addition to basic body mechanics, we progressed into index shooting, holster draw and firing from behind a barricade at multiple targets. I was quite impressed by how much my accuracy improved, even in these more stressful shooting scenarios, in such a short time.

The carbine and shotgun sessions were equally enlightening -- and way fun! We again started with stance and proper handling. The instructors helped me adjust my sling and fore grip, etc. for proper fit and for more stable handling of the weapons. Then we moved on to shooting -- I mean a lot! I must have thrown at least 500 rounds of 5.56 downrange in a couple of hours! By the end of the session, I was hitting my targets leaning around barricades and rapid sight/fire from a slung position with surprising (to me) accuracy. The shotgun instructor is wicked fast at loading from side saddle. I learned techniques for doing the same (though I need a LOT more practice to match even close to his speed) as well as doing quick administrative reloads and how to get a slug inserted while still having buck in the magazine.

I am telling you guys straight out - this was an awesome class! I am so much more confident than before in my skills. The instructor:student ratio was 2:1 -- plus a couple of support guys as well doing mag reloads for us, so we could focus more time on training instead of loading. The price was comparable to other classes of similar duration that only covered a single topic, like defensive pistol -- and I am guessing that the other classes I considered would have been less comprehensive and probably 5-15 students to one instructor.

All in all I am very happy with the training I received. I am certainly planning on taking additional classes with these guys. They took me from idle to high-speed in no time.

As an aside, it was also really great to hang out with a group of preppers with a similar mind set to my own. That in itself is a rarity for me. Combining the training I received with this camaraderie -- it made for a truly great time.

erik