Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modern Rifles, Shotguns and Carbines / Re: Shotgun Ammo Knowledge
« Last post by Smurf Hunter on Today at 02:35:44 PM »
  Another range extending round is the FLECHETTE round, A bunch of darts with tails to hold tighter pattern for jungle warfare.

What choke do you use with those for clay pigeon? ;)
Camping / Re: What tent do you use?
« Last post by Smurf Hunter on Today at 02:34:41 PM »
I use a Coleman 6 person tent. When they say 6 person tent, what they really mean is 4 people, cosily. Its a good summer / fall tent though. I think its about $60, but I got it when it was on sale for $40. I am entirely happy with it as a $40 or $60 dollar tent. Its built well enough that it'll last you for a while. There are cheaper ones, but expect them not to last very long and be flimsy.  Its worth spending more if you are a backpacker, or plan on winter camping, but for our use case, that really isn't necessary.

I started with that around 15-20 years back.  When you have NO camping gear and don't actively camp out, spending hundreds on a tent seems unwise.
The Coleman tents are perfectly comfortable and a good value for fair weather camping.

If you plan to camp at least 3 seasons, in poor weather, low light, by yourself (because your wife is in the car during the thunder shower), there is a quality benefit to a premium brand tent.
Start with the cheap brand, and if you wear it out from frequent use, that means you can justify investing in higher cost material/design later.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/26/justices-thomas-gorsuch-blast-court-decision-to-reject-gun-rights-appeal.html

the court on Monday rejected a challenge out of California regarding the right to carry guns outside their homes, leaving in place a San Diego sheriff's strict limits on issuing permits for concealed weapons.

The case in question involved a San Diego man who said state and county policies requiring "good cause" -- a specific reason or justifiable need to legally carry a concealed weapon -- were too restrictive. A federal appeals court had ruled for the state, and now those restrictions will stay in place.

Mora knives are good
ESEE
Benchmade
Spyderco
Fallkniven
MT Knives
Gerber
Kershaw
Tops
SOG
Ka-Bar

I know a guy through boy scouts who goes to the TSA store and buys every decent US/EU made blade from those brands. He sells what he finds at cost to scouts and their families.
I have an EDC small kershaw I paid $10 for that sells new for $65.  Given the context of TSA confiscating from passengers trying to board planes, most are folder pocket knives, though I have got a couple fixed blades this way.
when I go to download, and open, it says this " There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired. "  And, still does, I tried downloading agan right now. I have downloaded others, including backwoods mag, both before and after attempting this one

I've got these downloaded in 2 places.  Let me know if you need me to sneaker-net them to you.
What are a few examples of a "decent knife"

Mora knives are good
ESEE
Benchmade
Spyderco
Fallkniven
MT Knives
Gerber
Kershaw
Tops
SOG
Ka-Bar
The Front Porch / Re: Intro Thread
« Last post by zanedclark on Today at 01:55:57 PM »
I'm back.

z
It exceedes the size limit to use the on-line viewer and so has to be downloaded. I checked the reloaded 2nd file and it is complete.

when I go to download, and open, it says this " There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired. "  And, still does, I tried downloading agan right now. I have downloaded others, including backwoods mag, both before and after attempting this one
Thanks !

What are a few examples of a "decent knife"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10