Author Topic: I'm one of those husbands...  (Read 9982 times)

Offline AvenueQ

• Dedicated Contributor
    • In Plain Sight
Re: I'm one of those husbands...
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »
I would have endeavored to steer your wife(and any other woman without significant firearms experience) away from an ultralight pocket revolver, or any pocket sized revolver for that matter, at least until she was more acclimated to recoil and muzzle blast with a slightly larger and heavier gun.

This goes for pistols too. I can barely shoot my fiance's sub-compact .45, but his dad has a full-size .45 of the same brand that I love to shoot. It's basic physics: more weight in your hand means less recoil (p=mv), which means less hand fatigue and more fun for you at the range.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2017, 09:58:19 AM »
Old thread won't die.

Much has been learned since I first posted this.  Today her favorite pistol to shoot is a Ruger SR-22.  It looks like a Walther clone, but was a lot less money and functions more reliably (in my humble opinion).
During the .22lr scarcity in the past few years, having a gun that was picky about ammo was a problem.

Offline danimal

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 11:43:40 AM »
I read this through...again as I just realized how old it is...and was going to post Ruger SR22. Smurf Hunter beat me to it. It isn't my wife's favorite pistol but it is the semi-auto she WILL shoot so that she can pick one up and use it if need be. Despite her not liking it, she is still great with it.