Author Topic: Molle Knifes  (Read 894 times)

Offline albaprep

• Prepper
  • Homesteading and being prepared
Molle Knifes
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »
Hi all, first time I've started a topic so hopefully all ok.

I just wondered if anyone had any experience of these Molle compatible knifes? Obviously this is not a 'go to knife' for any situation I can think of really but as a lightweight, easily found extra blade I wondered if it had any merit? Just a gimmick? I'm a believer that you can never really have too many knifes to choose from!

I found one here http://www.knifewarehouse.co.uk/product/tactical-molle-knife/

Thank you all in advance and for all the other invaluable information I find in the forum.

Offline albaprep

• Prepper
Re: Molle Knifes
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »
If this should have been posted in the blades section, I'm sorry and I'd be grateful if a mod moved it for me.

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Admin Bait!
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
    • Mai Thai Coffee
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 01:10:45 PM »
If this should have been posted in the blades section, I'm sorry and I'd be grateful if a mod moved it for me.

Done, and you get a +1 from me since it's my first officially moved thread as a mod ;)

The Gear and Tool Review section is for user posted reviews of products. If you end up getting one of these knives and like it fell free to post a review over there!

Offline albaprep

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »
Thank you very much!

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Survival Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 05:56:38 PM »
  Most of these are soft metal and Plastic, hard to sharpen,don't hold an edge...mostly a gimmick of a knife the every ninja has to own.
It is a 1 inch long blade with very limited usefulness as you can't grip the 2 inch long handle to do many jobs. The GERBER EAB is a far better EDC knife and it is all good quality METAL and very easy to re-blade...

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Lite-Pocket-Knife-31-000345/dp/B002RILCLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492127647&sr=8-1&keywords=gerber+razor+knife

Just one grumpy old mans opinion.
Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline albaprep

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 06:12:57 PM »
Thanks for your input - I suspect you are probably right about it being gimmicky! I'm rapidly becoming a grumpy old man myself (my wife would probability say I already am), Carl!

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Survival Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 06:18:22 PM »
Thanks for your input - I suspect you are probably right about it being gimmicky! I'm rapidly becoming a grumpy old man myself (my wife would probability say I already am), Carl!

If small,quality,sharp...are on your list...the SOG MICRON may be of use as it is quality and easy to conceal.I carry one IN my wallet and one in my hatband.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y5XMXO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Admin Bait!
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
    • Mai Thai Coffee
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 04:49:43 PM »
I used a small CRKT knife for several years. It had a sheath that I could put on my belt which was perfect. I kept it on my apendix and used it primarily for opening boxes.

https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-River-Knife-Minimalist-2387/dp/B0030IT76C

They have different blade options available for it as well.

Offline albaprep

• Prepper
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 03:18:26 PM »
Both those look good. I primarily keep Swiss army knifes and leatherman tools as over here they are less likely to cause alarm. Obviously on the homestead (as I call it) we carry larger and better quality knifes for various purposes. It sounds as if I'd be better off sticking with proper knifes rather than bothering with a little gimmick like this!

Offline Knecht

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Czech emissary at TSP forum
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 08:24:16 PM »
As a knife maker (among other things) I'm offended by the very fact that some people might actually pay 7GBP for that :) 
Get my custom handmade stuff at www.customhistory.cz

Offline Betsy4ever

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 05:02:32 AM »
I have a Karambit Knife been using it for two years and is the best companion