Author Topic: Achievemint  (Read 1011 times)

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
Achievemint
« on: July 16, 2017, 07:44:39 AM »
A friend over on the MyFitnessPal app pointed me to Achievemint.  Basically what happens is you connect your various workout site accounts to Achievemint and you earn points.  You collect 10,000 points and you get $10.

I figured it was a scam, so wanted to use it before telling anyone about it.  But the other day, I received my first $10 through PayPal, you can choose another payment form also.  I literally did nothing different than I normal.  I exercised and logged my meals on my other app.  I have not installed the Achievemint app, I have not visited the Achievemint site except to set up my account and to see my progress towards the 10,000 points.  I haven't discovered how they are making their money to do the pay out since I'm not doing anything differently. 

I have my MyFitnessPal, Garmin and MapMyRun accounts linked to my Achievemint account.

You get points for weighing in, having your fitness band logging your steps, working out, etc.  There are surveys and that sort of thing you can do to get more points, but I haven't done any of those.    You can also refer a friend and get some points.  Here's my referral link if you want to sign up through me, we both get 250 points.  Or you can just go to the Achievemint web site to sign up.

http://tinyurl.com/h87pgzs

Just figured that I'd pass this on to you guys.  It's nice to get a little pay out for doing the workouts that I'm doing anyway.
F_M
Links currently broken. Will fix them shortly
Check out my blogs at The Homestead Fritz and Camping With Fritz

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
Re: Achievemint
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 09:05:45 PM »
How long did it take you to hit the 10k points?

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 04:59:55 AM »
Takes quite a while, I want to say it took 3 months.  However, like I said I did nothing for it.  You aren't going to make a lot of money off this, it's just something additional for something that I'm already doing.
F_M

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 07:56:44 AM »
That's not a terrible time frame. I'll have to look into it. I just started logging again with MFP but my wife has been very diligent with doing it since the beginning of the year.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 02:39:53 PM »
I don't log every meal, but I do log breakfast every day.  It centers my mind and makes sure that I keep an eye on what I eat.
F_M