Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The HAM Radio Board / Re: WAIT....Don't buy and FT 817
« Last post by Sailor on Today at 06:37:01 AM »
Could have been so much more.  Fail. 
The HAM Radio Board / Re: WAIT....Don't buy and FT 817
« Last post by Bradbn4 on Today at 06:03:13 AM »
Not sure if the link to your e-mail will work...but breaking news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=houOA_fxXaQ&feature=youtu.be
 I suspect that after so many 'panics' that few will worry this time and price/production will stay fairly stable....but history is hard to deny and more people have tax money and better paying jobs now ...so you could as easily be correct.
The Window Is Closing.

While my original musings suggested that the window might be open until later this year when the Dems start parading their 2020 candidates around, recent incidents are forcing a new panic among gun buyers.

So, I'll say this: If you're looking for a modern "sporting" semi-auto, get it while you can.  It's obvious that the President is caving in (showing his true colors?) with the threat of "enhanced" background checks, raising the firearms-buying age to 21, and possible state-level bans on misnomered firearms.  This time, with the reception being given to these suggestions, I'm going to HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting what you want, if at all possible.  It would not surprise me to see another incident, fresh on the heels of this last one, arise and public sentiment/pressure getting to the point we see another ban similar to the 1994 OCB ban. . .or worse.  Remember, it's better to have it in hand than not.  We've already lost a lot of manufacturers with the past 18 months' drop in sales.  It's doubtful that many of the manufacturers of AR lowers who flooded the market at the beginning of Obama's second election will re-appear and provide enough production in time to re-glut the market.

Already, in the past week, there has been a massive jump in the number of MSR sales (Modern Sporting Rifles - the current nom-de-journée for AR or similar military style rifles).  One particular rifle, one of my "dream rifles," jumped $400 in one day and then disappeared off of all the major online sellers' shelves.

So far, ammo hasn't seen much of a jump with recent, really great sales offers by some of the bigger houses.  IIRC, one place had stripper-clipped 62-gr, green-tip Federal  (not blemishes) 420 rounds IN A CAN for $149.  That, to me, is a really good deal on clips and in a can.  Warehouses are still over-full with ammo. . .but that may change in the next couple of months.

Hopefully, this is a paper tiger we're facing. . .I fear it is not. 

In any case, I'm betting the window is drawing closed and am afraid we're going to be entering an "Interesting Times" phase that will be worse than what we found in 1995.  I'm somewhat reticent to write much more lest this find it's way into the Tin Foil Hat Brigade area.

Thoughts?

The Professor
The HAM Radio Board / WAIT....Don't buy and FT 817
« Last post by Carl on Yesterday at 05:21:42 PM »
  The new and improved FT 818 is on the way with one whole watt more power and updated features..WOW   :sarcasm:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?hl=en&zx=1hltig7yvthv&shva=1#trash/161c529150827f2b

And only $819  ( the same curret price as the 100 watt ICOM  IC 7100....What a deal ?
Every Day Carry (EDC) Gear / Re: Want one of my knives?
« Last post by archer on Yesterday at 12:54:40 PM »
old knives are cool, my Grandpa carried a Shrade when I was a kid.
« Last post by David in MN on Yesterday at 12:42:38 PM »
I have an old BARLOW that was my grandfathers ,he passed when I was 2 years old.

I have an old Barlow somewhere. I believe that was the knife Tom Sawyer opined about. Old knives are cool.
« Last post by Carl on Yesterday at 12:34:33 PM »
 I have an old BARLOW that was my grandfathers ,he passed when I was 2 years old.
« Last post by David in MN on Yesterday at 12:26:28 PM »
I'd love to be in the running for the gerber folder or the buck sheath knife as it is a thin handle and I have small hands, prettiness doesnt bother me, I like using pretty things, I would put it to use culling old laying hens

I'd love to have the Buck 102. I've looked at them for years for hunting, but never bit the bullet. I always revert back to my Buck 112 folder I got as a kid.

You guys are on the list. MM... Don't want to get you arrested for carrying a Buck hunter in Cali  ;). Kidding. It's a nice knife I just never used.

All four are good knives and while I have knives,and spares,to meet my needs....I wish to put in a good word that MountainMomma should qualify for one .

oh now you are feeding my knife obsession. i try to keep it under control....

You guys make me laugh. Mountainmoma has some good luck with me historically. I'm sure she'll get something. I have for 3 decades bought knives compulsively to the point of being able to throw a butterfly knife to open it and having a collection of illegal Italian switchblades. I love knives. But doing spring cleaning I've found several that are collecting dust and could be used by others. Bear in mind this means I somehow believe I need 5 Moras still in the box, 2 SOG Tridents, a CRKT M14, a Kershaw Avalanche, a couple Condors, and I'm looking real hard at a Benchmade Adamas. And as I write this my Swisschamp is right next to me. I would EDC a Swiss Army when I was 7 years old. I grew up on acreage next to a farm. My Grandfather's Schrade "Old Timer" is sitting on the mantle downstairs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10