THE RULESWhere can I find the forum's rules?A moderator gave me a warning, but I can't find any rule that I violated. Can he/she do this?
What sorts of posts are restricted to the Swap Meet board?
FINDING STUFF (AND IGNORING STUFF)How do I search for topics?
- All commercial transactions, including:
- Offers to buy, sell, or trade any goods or services.
- Organizing a "group buy".
- All housing or real estate offers (roommate wanted, land or housing for sale or rent, members wanted for a homestead cooperative, etc.).
- Investment offers, Kickstarter funding requests, business partners wanted, etc.
How do I read recent posts?
- You can do a simple keyword search of the entire forum using the Search box at the top of every page. Or, click "Search" in the top menu -- this will bring you to an "advanced search" page where you can select specific boards to search, date ranges, etc.
I don't want to read any posts in a particular board. But they're cluttering up my "unread posts" listing. How do I get rid of them?A particular member's posts really annoy me, and I don't want to see them. Can I make them invisible?Where is the forum sitemap, showing all the available boards?ACCESS TO BOARDS AND FORUM FEATURESSome of the boards on the forum are off-limits to me. Why?
- Several different ways:
- To see new replies in topics where you have posted, click "Show new replies to your posts" at the top of the page (or the "Replies" button in the top menu).
- To see recent unread posts in all topics, click "Show unread posts since last visit" at the top of the page (or the "Unread" button in the top menu).
- To see recent unread posts in a particular section of the forum (e.g. Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics, or Finance and Economics), find that section on the forum homepage and click its "Unread Posts" link.
- To read the latest 100 posts on the forum, go to the bottom of the forum homepage under "Forum Stats" and click "View the most recent posts on the forum".
orI can't use the Chat Board, can't send Private Messages, or can't use some other forum feature. Why?
I posted about political news or political philosophy, and my post was deleted or moved to a board I can't access. Why?
- Usage of some forum areas and features is restricted. In brief:
Most members are automatically granted access to these boards and features after making a specific number of posts. (The exact numbers are secret, and we change them occasionally.) Rarely, a member will be granted early access, or will be denied access regardless of the number of posts made.
- We want to get a chance to know you better before we give you access; and
- Access is given in recognition of your participation in the forum.
I've contributed financially to TSP (joined the Members Support Brigade, made a donation, purchased items from the Gear Shop, etc). Can I get early access to the restricted boards?
- TSP Forum is primarily about prepping and survival, not about political news and debate. For that reason, new members do not have access to the politics boards and may not post on these topics. This is to discourage people who are here only for political argument. More information: The Primary Role of The Survival Podcast Forums.
REPORTING PROBLEMS AND GETTING HELPI'm having a problem using some feature of the forum. Where do I go for help?
- Thank you very much for your support! But the restrictions are based on our experience of what works best to keep the forum running smoothly. Also, this is a free forum, and we don't want to grant or withhold access to forum features based on your ability to pay.
How do I report an inappropriate post?
- Check the Tech Support and Forum Bugs board -- your problem may have been solved already. If not, feel free to post a request for help.
I forgot my password!
- Click the "Report to moderator" link at the bottom of the post, and write a short explanation of what the problem is.
- Click here to e-mail yourself a password reminder or a new password.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:11:48 PM by Mr. Bill »