Author Topic: Lake George Burgess Island?  (Read 1886 times)

Offline kenser321

• Survivor
Lake George Burgess Island?
« on: March 22, 2016, 09:30:35 PM »
My extended family is renting the whole island sometime in June this year and I can't find a whole lot of info about the island. Looks like there is 5 campsites, a compost toilet, and a few cliffs to jump into the water. Has anyone camped here before?

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
Re: Lake George Burgess Island?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 05:29:33 AM »
I haven't been, but sure looks like it would be a lot of fun.  We camp with a camper, and I'd assume that it's tents only.
F_M
Links currently broken. Will fix them shortly
Check out my blogs at The Homestead Fritz and Camping With Fritz

Offline kenser321

• Survivor
Re: Lake George Burgess Island?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 11:49:06 PM »
Forgot to update one this. Basically it wasn't a bad trip, but... So we went for the weekend 5 hour drive for us with a Toddler. Got there unloaded than reloaded on a boat and unloaded again on an island. Very nice island 5 campsites 3 of them have tent platforms. So we spent most of the rest of the afternoon unloading reloading and unloading again as we had around 30 people. 2nd day we mostly swam and fished. I got a treble hook stuck in my finger and we spent 3 hours roaming around and having a local help pull it out. The rest of the day we spent eating. 3rd day was a bust it rained. So we took the coolers and everyone back to shore where my wifes family had rented a cabin. So while the men went back to pack camp up the women cooked on a small 4 burner stove. Packed up all the cars and drove home. So anyhow things I would change. More time camping. Another day or two would have been nice. Rent a second boat. While people were out cruising the lake none of us could get off the island. Like When I had to go get the hook out of my finger. 3rd I think it would have been better if the whole family showed up at the same time. We spent off and on the better part of 4-5 hours dragging gear and people to the island. 4th better organization for example my family had two large totes on wheels and a smaller tote for dry goods and coloring books for the kids and a duffle bag. That was everything we needed including food.