Author Topic: CAC Active?  (Read 5554 times)

Offline PrepperJim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Prepping Means Resiliency and Redundancy
CAC Active?
« on: April 29, 2016, 02:46:44 PM »
I've not seen anything from CAC for a few months. The Facebook page does not have any activity since 2015 and the web page does not have much new on it either.
Member Support Brigade Canceled

Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it.

Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Offline nitehawg

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: CAC Active?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 08:18:04 AM »
Sorry about the delayed response, apparently my ISP does not like lightning strikes.  Yes we are still active and moving forward.  We definitely do need to improve our FB presence.  I thought I had recruited someone to manage our FB page, but that fell through.  If anyone is FB  savvy and wants to volunteer a little time each day to manage our FB page, please send me a PM or e-mail (cacedtom@gmail.com) and we can get together and discuss improving our electronic footprint.  I am working on some changes which are aimed at improving our responses and better serving local needs.  Once that is set I'll have the web site updated.

Thanks for the interest and concern.

Tom P.
Exec. Dir.
CAC Team

Act Fast  Act Local

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 10:05:44 AM »
Is CAC Planning on deploying/activating in Louisiana?
On "The List" since 1994.  Isn't it about time YOU got on The List?

I once filled the best and brightest of our young men and women with important knowledge. . .now, I just get paid for my opinions.  Ain't Life Grand?

Offline The Professor

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 09:12:20 PM »
Bueller?

I once filled the best and brightest of our young men and women with important knowledge. . .now, I just get paid for my opinions.  Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 08:43:58 AM »
Is CAC Planning on deploying/activating in Louisiana?

Or perhaps SoCal or the next wildfire?

Offline undaunted6

• Prepper
  • New to Forum, Long time listener
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 12:10:03 AM »
When I get back, I would be interested in helping out with the FB page. I don't think I will have time with full time management, but pushing messages and admin work should fit in with my schedule. I'll be back in the States after Thanksgiving. I should be based in the Alexandria, VA area for about the next year before returning to Afghanistan for another tour.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Survival Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 08:23:09 AM »
When I get back, I would be interested in helping out with the FB page. I don't think I will have time with full time management, but pushing messages and admin work should fit in with my schedule. I'll be back in the States after Thanksgiving. I should be based in the Alexandria, VA area for about the next year before returning to Afghanistan for another tour.

KARMA for your service..
Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline The Professor

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 08:20:57 PM »
I'm starting to think that CAC is dead.  I can't get any response from anyone at any page or link.

Even Nitehawg, the executive director of CAC doesn't seem to want to respond, his last post was in June, yet he logged in as recently as 30 October.

Ah well, I was surprised it made it this far.  I was pleasantly surprised at the 501c status approval.  Hate to see it wither on the vine after all that.

The Professor

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Survival Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 06:30:49 AM »
Did they have any of the crackers left over?

I think it better that we serve our communities and set the example to others ,unless call to help...running into a storm effected area often adds to confusion of the powers that be and can cost problems to organized rescue and recovery efforts...I would not go unless officially invited.
  Donate money,or requested supplies,communications,PRAYERS ...and be glad it wasn't your neighborhood.
Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?