Author Topic: Intro Thread  (Read 1405832 times)

Offline Odin's Son

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Intro Thread
« Reply #7800 on: February 04, 2017, 01:19:44 PM »
Welcome Bear, Jon and Ait!  Glad to see so many new faces!  It's pretty calm around here, just pull up a seat and make yer self at home.  If you have questions- ask 'em, comments- make 'em, complaints... well those will need to be mailed in, in triplicate.  We will of course, read them and then file them next to the stove.  That is what we use to start the fire!!! Seriously though, don't get over whelmed.  When I started posting, I thought OMG these people are going to learn a ton from me..... Then after reading only a few dozen threads I found out I don't know anything!!  Now I'm in charge of marshmellow procurement and I'm doing ok.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #7801 on: February 04, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »
  Yes,welcome and come on in,I get some cookies started.
I refuse to punch back as I didn't come here to fight.

Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline Notorious Elwood

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Its all about being comfortable after the crap hit
« Reply #7802 on: February 06, 2017, 04:38:11 AM »
Notorious Elwood here.
Tried twice to post.
From desk of,
Notorious Elwood.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7803 on: February 06, 2017, 05:15:44 AM »
Notorious Elwood here.
Tried twice to post.

Welcome ELWOOD, come on in and share your thoughts,read,learn and teach.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #7804 on: February 06, 2017, 08:16:40 AM »
Notorious Elwood here.
Tried twice to post.

Measure twice, post once... no, wait.

Welcome!

Offline adjustments

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #7805 on: February 08, 2017, 11:58:01 AM »
Hey All,
Shouting out from Central VA.  I have 10 acres that I am trying to use more wisely.  Currently it is home to goats, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, guineas and my wife and I.  I am also the proud dad of a 3rd class cadet at USAFA eagerly looking forward to when I can call her LT.  I am fairly new to Jack's world, having grown up in the strange jungle of central NJ.  I am looking forward to getting to know y'all and learning all that I can.
There is nothing more closed minded than an open minded liberal.

Offline Odin's Son

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7806 on: February 08, 2017, 01:51:18 PM »
Hey All,
Shouting out from Central VA.  I have 10 acres that I am trying to use more wisely.  Currently it is home to goats, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, guineas and my wife and I.  I am also the proud dad of a 3rd class cadet at USAFA eagerly looking forward to when I can call her LT.  I am fairly new to Jack's world, having grown up in the strange jungle of central NJ.  I am looking forward to getting to know y'all and learning all that I can.

Glad to have you!  There's lots to learn here. Sounds like you have a nice little spread there in VA.  Glad you escaped NJ!

Offline LVWood

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Old Fart
« Reply #7807 on: February 14, 2017, 03:57:24 PM »
Greetings
I'm just an old guy trying to make it in this crazy world.
And I've been prepping for many years.
1944:
18 year olds storm the beaches of Normandy and brave almost certain death.
2016:
18 year olds need a safe space because words hurt their feelings.

Offline RipleyRuckus

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7808 on: March 06, 2017, 03:31:10 AM »
Hey y'all
Stephen from Louisiana. Relatively new to survivalism. Found my way into it while researching alternative energy in college. Looking to learn alot here.

Offline Billie D

• Prepper
« Reply #7809 on: March 06, 2017, 02:14:52 PM »
Hi Everyone!
Just thought I'd introduce myself.  My name is Billie and I'm in Western Washington.
I've been listening to Jack since the beginning, back in his car.
I've poked around the forum before, but am trying to become more of an active member this year. 
Good to see you all, looking forward to chatting with like minded people!

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #7810 on: March 06, 2017, 02:22:02 PM »
Hi Everyone!
Just thought I'd introduce myself.  My name is Billie and I'm in Western Washington.
I've been listening to Jack since the beginning, back in his car.
I've poked around the forum before, but am trying to become more of an active member this year. 
Good to see you all, looking forward to chatting with like minded people!

Welcome.  I'm another western Washintonian.  Are you tired of the wet, just barely above freezing weather? :)

Offline Billie D

• Prepper
« Reply #7811 on: March 06, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »
So tired of it.  It was snowing pretty hard at my house this morning when I left for work.
Either give me tons, or take it away.  I'm ready for some sunshine and hiking trails.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #7812 on: March 06, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »
So tired of it.  It was snowing pretty hard at my house this morning when I left for work.
Either give me tons, or take it away.  I'm ready for some sunshine and hiking trails.

I live in south King Co.  I presume you are also somewhere in south Puget Sound given the morning snow.

Offline Billie D

• Prepper
« Reply #7813 on: March 06, 2017, 03:28:15 PM »
yes, I'm in Spanaway.  It snowed my whole way in to work in Puyallup.
Very pretty... but how about some sun now? :)

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #7814 on: March 07, 2017, 01:13:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum Billie D.
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've tried everything else"
-Winston Churchill

"You think health care is expensive now? Wait until its free!"
-P.J. O'Rourke

"Is it dangerous to enter the Forum?"
-Seneca

Offline Billie D

• Prepper
« Reply #7815 on: March 07, 2017, 08:01:39 AM »
thanks!!

Offline HTMag

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7816 on: March 12, 2017, 09:45:33 AM »
Hi Everybody! I'm in West Tennessee. I publish a small, regional magazine. I'm also a gardener and a looking to become more self sufficient. My husband is a long time listener of the podcast and he relays to me all of the info he get from Jack and the experts. He suggested I get on the forum and see if anyone out there can help me.

My Problem: I'm want to start taking classified submissions on my website for the my magazine. I would like to find a way to integrate a paypal payment system into the submission form on a Wordpress site. Is there a plugin that will allow this? I found one but it costs more than I imagine my small ads would make. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If there is a better place to as this question let me know. Thanks!

Offline keebler

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7817 on: March 13, 2017, 07:40:46 AM »
Welome to all "New" preppers. glad to have us all, improving our lives,
keebler in south central Va.
single. m. Senior, prepper, solar, Vandweller, Camper, Boondocker. living in the woods of southern Va.

Offline MA Matt

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7818 on: March 14, 2017, 11:42:15 AM »
Hello everyone. Just singed up for the forum. I'm from southern MA. My interest are gardening, self Sufficiency,and prepping. I've been listening to jack for a little over a year now and am looking forward to using this forum as another helpful tool in my prepping, and to help others where I can.

Offline Larmen

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7819 on: March 22, 2017, 11:29:32 AM »
Hi all, I'm hew here on this site and I am hoping to make new friends (as it is hard for me to make new friends in real life since I'm anxious). anyway, hope we would get along here fellas :)

Offline Moonfang

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7820 on: March 25, 2017, 05:24:29 PM »
Hey all. New to forums and prepping both. Can't remember how I found jack last year but he's a good man to plant a boot in a rear and get you moving. I'm 35 with 5 kids 3 of which are all grown up. Quit smoking 2 years ago, married a great woman too and had a 1.5 acre property fall into my lap. Found I enjoy working with trees so I've planted a few as my first project here. The wife humors my new hobby and gives me free reign to experiment but she is on board with the general idea. I aim to be a student to everything I can get my hands on.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7821 on: March 25, 2017, 05:32:09 PM »
Hey all. New to forums and prepping both. Can't remember how I found jack last year but he's a good man to plant a boot in a rear and get you moving. I'm 35 with 5 kids 3 of which are all grown up. Quit smoking 2 years ago, married a great woman too and had a 1.5 acre property fall into my lap. Found I enjoy working with trees so I've planted a few as my first project here. The wife humors my new hobby and gives me free reign to experiment but she is on board with the general idea. I aim to be a student to everything I can get my hands on.

Welcome Fang...lots to read a learn from in this vast knowledge base.The search bar will aide you and your input can help others as you write of your success and failure on your land . Welcome.

Offline Odin's Son

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7822 on: March 28, 2017, 11:00:56 AM »
Three new members, thats awesome!  Glad to have yall here.  There's a ton of knowledge here and some comic relief too!

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #7823 on: March 28, 2017, 11:26:38 AM »
Welcome to all.
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've tried everything else"
-Winston Churchill

-P.J. O'Rourke

-Seneca

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #7824 on: March 28, 2017, 01:51:33 PM »
..and some comic relief too!

Hey!  I resemble that remark!

Offline Odin's Son

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7825 on: March 28, 2017, 07:50:49 PM »
Hey!  I resemble that remark!

Ya a bunch of us do!

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #7826 on: March 28, 2017, 09:24:54 PM »
We all have a role to play. Some are funny. Some are funny looking.
-Winston Churchill

-P.J. O'Rourke

-Seneca

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #7827 on: March 29, 2017, 09:27:45 AM »
Welcome to all the new folks.

Offline tkeetch

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7828 on: March 30, 2017, 10:50:03 AM »
Hi.

I'm Tiff, a SAHM mom of 3.5 (pregnant and due in August with #4). When Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana, I was glued to the tv, and decided then and there to make sure my family had supplies to get us through similar crises. I couldn't stand the idea of not having anything and only relying on the government to supply my needs - AND the thought of living together with the masses with feces, disease/illness and crime running rampant just makes my skin crawl.

I've been trying to learn "self-reliance" skills since then - we garden and can/dehydrate our food, I sew, etc. We also love to camp as a family... but our typical camping trip is way more "cushy" than living in a natural disaster situation.  ;)

Anyway, I stumbled across this site and I am impressed and excited to learn from the wealth of information you all have supplied. Thanks!

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7829 on: March 30, 2017, 12:01:34 PM »
Hi.

I'm Tiff, a SAHM mom of 3.5 (pregnant and due in August with #4). When Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana, I was glued to the tv, and decided then and there to make sure my family had supplies to get us through similar crises. I couldn't stand the idea of not having anything and only relying on the government to supply my needs - AND the thought of living together with the masses with feces, disease/illness and crime running rampant just makes my skin crawl.

I've been trying to learn "self-reliance" skills since then - we garden and can/dehydrate our food, I sew, etc. We also love to camp as a family... but our typical camping trip is way more "cushy" than living in a natural disaster situation.  ;)

Anyway, I stumbled across this site and I am impressed and excited to learn from the wealth of information you all have supplied. Thanks!

Welcome, I did a bit of 'work' during Katrina and nobody enjoyed that situation. Government is a bit faster to respond now...but the first thing on the truck is body bags. People need better prepare to stand on their own feet for at least 4 weeks without serviced water,food,medical,power,hygiene...
Welcome to TSP FORUM...the search bar at top right is a good way to follow subjects and be sure to add your own success/failure as this is a LIVE forum and depends on members to keep it growing and going.