Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
If you're going to use Coinbase anyhow and if your initial investment with them is going to be $100 or more, use the button on The Survival Podcast's page - on the right near the top - and you'll get an extra $10 and TSP gets $10.

Just don't want you to miss out on $10.

rr
Glad to hear you're doing alright, AppleJack.

My wife and I lost our jobs due to restructuring in November. If our house wasn't paid off, we would be in big trouble.
We don't have a garden or any sort of livestock yet. Just never had the time with working 50+ hours a week plus 1.5 hour commute each day.
But we're not going to make that mistake again. I'm not risking my health at another job unless it's to save someone's life.

We're not completely sure what we're going to do just yet, but we're focusing on self-employment.

If you can get into doing something self employment wise that would be great. I know several people that have done it and it worked out great for them. Best of luck to you and yours
AJ
Thanks to you both. I will probably set up Coinbase for now. I want to watch things to get a better feel
for the market. Just wanted to be ready for the time I decide to jump.

I agree about not investing what you cant afford to loose. LOL  Been in Stock market for a long time on a small base.

Thanks again
If you're in the US, Coinbase is probably still the best place to start out exchanging fiat currency for crypto.  They operate in most of the US states and are about as legitimate as it gets in the business, so long as you're only in the market for BTC, BCH, ETH, or LTC. 

The interface is easy to use, the fees are reasonable, and if you set up a Vault in addition to a Wallet it gives you better security than other online wallets, although you still do not have ownership of the private keys, you have to trust Coinbase will fulfill their fiduciary duty..  They make it easy to set up recurring transactions, so once you have a credit card or bank linked to your account you can automatically buy each pay period or whatever schedule you choose.  Since they're a registered financial institution, they have to follow the Know Your Customer law and have been known to freeze accounts if they suspect illegal activity like money laundering.  But for normal accounts there shouldn't be any problems.

All the exchanges are swamped with new customers right now and it is taking weeks to get people's identity verified, so you might have to wait awhile before you can start transacting.  I've been waiting three weeks for Gemini (the other large legitimate US exchange) to verify my identity and there's no estimate on how long it will take.  They also don't have a link to any of my banks, so I'm going to have to figure that out at some point. 

Once you have purchased crypto, your options for trading it for other crypto are enormous and it's much easier to use exchanges that don't have to verify your identity.  The big barrier is always going from fiat to crypto and back again.  Crypto to crypto is easy.
If you want to test the crypto exchange without infesting a lot of money check this out.

https://youtu.be/dVsjMtHYcHE

https://youtu.be/5RWKFZDNU2Y

What Is Heleum?
https://app.heleum.com/r/eae38e68f4

Heleum is an automated app that grows your money over the long-term by letting it float into rising currencies. First, you create and add money to an account on Uphold. Uphold is an online wallet that helps you store your money in many different currencies. Then, you allow Heleum to access your account. Heleum will instruct Uphold to trade bits of your money into other currencies. Heleum later converts your money back into dollars, plus whatever gains it has earned for you.

100% automated and easy

Top national & crypto currencies

$5 minimum, no maximums.

NOTE:
And as the old saying goes, NEVER invest a penny you can't afford to lose!
Food Preps / Re: Outfitting the Kitchen
« Last post by AvenueQ on Today at 02:23:21 PM »
I still want a big UNDERMOUNT sink with an spray faucet. Anything else is not ideal.

Oh yeah, undermount for sure. I also prefer a single, large basin versus the more common 2-basin sink since I don't really do much hand washing, and even when I do I want more space to maneuver in the sink.
Hi folks. With all the Crypto talk I want to get started but on a small base.
Everything still seems as clear as mud so I am struggling just picking an exchange.
What is the general though concerning exchange, i.e. best one for the small time person?

Thanks in advance
Ron
« Last post by David in MN on Today at 01:44:39 PM »
Ooo, neat! We are buying a house this year, and we'll have enough money left over from the sale of our old place for some improvements...*runs off to plan dream kitchen*

Be very careful. We started planning out a remod and stopped when I hit $10k in nothing but hardware from Rockler. Even with me buying rough lumber and making all the cabinets, installing a counter myself, and doing all the plumbing work myself it was the exotic hardware that really got pricey.

I thought of one more thing as I was cleaning the kitchen today: the faucet. I never thought about it until we got to our new place and I really don't like it (if it wasn't an apartment I'd replace it today). It should be easy to turn on and off and adjust with a forearm, so when your hands are covered in ground beef from making meatballs you don't have to touch it. The one here has separate hot and cold handles, and they're small, which is really hard to use with messy hands. I'm also not a fan of the ones with the small, single handle on the side. I don't recommend the touch-sensitive ones either, my cousin has one and it's temperamental as hell (not to mention expensive). The ones with the large, single overhead handle work best for me, like this one (a larger handle would be better, but they're getting hard to find).

No kidding. I have a hunk of junk Moen I've replaced the gaskets on a few times. I actually priced out putting in a restaurant style dish station. Big, all-stainless and a dishwasher with a 2 minute cycle. Not to mention the elephant trunk spray hose and industrial dispose-all. That got a quick veto from the Mrs.  :'(

I still want a big UNDERMOUNT sink with an spray faucet. Anything else is not ideal.
« Last post by AvenueQ on Today at 01:27:22 PM »
I thought of one more thing as I was cleaning the kitchen today: the faucet. I never thought about it until we got to our new place and I really don't like it (if it wasn't an apartment I'd replace it today). It should be easy to turn on and off and adjust with a forearm, so when your hands are covered in ground beef from making meatballs you don't have to touch it. The one here has separate hot and cold handles, and they're small, which is really hard to use with messy hands. I'm also not a fan of the ones with the small, single handle on the side. I don't recommend the touch-sensitive ones either, my cousin has one and it's temperamental as hell (not to mention expensive). The ones with the large, single overhead handle work best for me, like this one (a larger handle would be better, but they're getting hard to find).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10