Author Topic: precancerous breast  (Read 3105 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Re: precancerous breast
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 03:22:39 AM »
Report their unprofessional conduct to the medical board.

Interesting, will that really do much ?

This is like if I was in a foreign country and someone asked me for directions, rather than saying "I'm not from around here" I could just give him bad directions and then just shrug it off saying "that poor sap, too bad for him"

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 07:45:17 AM »
Health care has become much more complicated... in the future, I am guessing your Mom should make a call to her insurance provider herself (even if the Dr. says a procedure is covered). I think she could get a straight answer if the pre-approval process has been done by the Dr. If they haven't done the pre-approval request, then you have something to go back to the Dr. to ask about. They should do this on anything that isn't emergency, I think.

I just switched carriers this year and I am amazed at all the details involved with the new company... there is a learning curve.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 12:39:40 PM »
Interesting, will that really do much ?

Unprofessional conduct by a physician is grounds for disciplining their license to practice medicine.

This is like if I was in a foreign country and someone asked me for directions, rather than saying "I'm not from around here" I could just give him bad directions and then just shrug it off saying "that poor sap, too bad for him"

Exactly.  Except you're not a licensed expert with a duty to provide directions to the public in a competent and professional manner.