Author Topic: Spreading The Survival Podcast Word or Guerilla Marketing  (Read 104430 times)

Offline BIG-TARGET

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Open the cage and let the tigers out!!!
Re: Spreading The Survival Podcast Word or Guerilla Marketing
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
You may find it hard to believe,but I got some peoples attention about TSP.com, from wearing my "ant" hat I bought from the Gear SHop!!!

People ask me:"What's the ant on your hat about??" :wtf:

That's when I got  them!!!! :excited:

Offline I.L.W.

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2010, 09:18:15 AM »
I was asking about promotional cards for the site on another thread, and was directed here.  I threw together a sample card if anyone is interested, available on the original thread here:
http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=17501.new#new

Offline Hraz

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2010, 10:05:22 AM »
Get Jack to be a keynote speaker at some of the Preparedness Fairs cropping up in regions all over the U.S.

Offline BlackHawkScout

• Fledgling Prepper
    • The Rifleman Radio Show
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2010, 04:41:46 PM »
I just wanted to let folks know that I am on twitter and would like to hook up with as many of the TSP folks as possible so I can be relaying TSP messages on my account  by retweeting them to folks following the Appleseed Radio Show. I do not know how to direct you to the twitter page but the name is AppleseedRadio. I sent out about a half dozen or so messages yesterday mentioning TSP, and I got back almost two dozen followers from it, so it worked for me anyway  ;D.

What I have noticed about twitter is that folks who have large numbers of followers will have a hard time seeing these messages unless you decide to send them out in a kind of staggered bulk fashion. Not as spam, but each one mentioning another aspect of the benefits of listening to TSP, but having them in a kind of continuos stream for about an hour or so. This would give the best chance of them being on a given screen and getting read.

I only have about 800 followers, but duriing peak time I get over two or three hundred an hour, so there is only a small portion that will stay on the screen at any given time.

I do a lot of promotional work for our organization so I have been forced to learn about it. One of the things I have learned is that you have to have the product you are promoting appear at many different levels or entry points in an individuals daily routine, for a sustained period, before it actually makes folks pull the trigger on it. I am sure I can learn a lot about this from Jack and I hope he will share his knowledge on this with me.

Also Jack if there is a particular TSP video you would like me to attach to the radio show webpaage I will be glad to do so. Maybe a TSP introduction type video I can put on the radio show homepage and if you have any TSP podcast widgets I can put some on the homepage and on my blog page.

I noticed most of the promotional team I have been working with are members here so I am sure if there is anything we can do to help we would be glad to. I am new to the forum and this community, maybe this is all stuff that has been hashed out already, but I did a search and could not find it. I just feel that the message of being personally prepared is such an important one that it can not and should not be left to chance that folks will find this show and listen to it.

Offline upstate

• Prepper
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
What a great Idea and I will start doing it too!!!

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2010, 08:06:31 PM »
What a great Idea and I will start doing it too!!!
Please feel free to use any of the aforementioned ideas in this thread.  ;)

Gettin' the word out is the most important thing.

Offline Scotty2Hotty

• Prepper
  • All the way!
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
I have been working at my on post tax center preparing tax returns for military memeber and their familys and I just would like to say I have run into a few TSP listners but just though casual conversation I think at least three or four that emailed me and said how glad they are that I mentioned TSP to them.
Jack keep up the good work and know that you are helping so many people all over the place live a better life today.

-Scotty

Offline atherts

• Survivalist Mentor
  • TSP and Guinness Supporter
    • Karott Productions
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2011, 08:58:39 AM »
I was just thinking as I was looking through Craigslist... I wonder if there was some guerrilla marketing to be done where a number of TSP supporters occasionally posted in the free section for topics like "Learn how to Garden" or "Free Permaculture Instruction" with links to relevant episodes or the forum?

It would increase potential participants in the specifc areas they were interested in learning more about. Any thought?

Offline LivingSimple

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2011, 02:46:06 PM »
     I think the idea of handing out cds is awesome! After reading all the replies to the original post I noticed that no one mentioned the option of having TSP produce a cd that could be purchased in the Gear Shop. The intended use would be a give away to introduce people to the concepts of the lifestyle and the show itself. I personally don't have the equipment or the time to make my own but would be willing to purchase some to give to my customers in my business and to people that I know. The Reaching the Unreachable show just a few days ago would be a good first track on the cd.
     How about it Jack? I am stepping up and saying I am willing to purchase some. Maybe the rest of the community can weigh in and say if it would help them if they didn't have to produce them on their own. I know it would help me.
     Dang, I need to listen to an intro cd myself, I am going through about 4-5 podcasts a day trying to get caught up.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2011, 11:16:56 PM »
     I think the idea of handing out cds is awesome! After reading all the replies to the original post I noticed that no one mentioned the option of having TSP produce a cd that could be purchased in the Gear Shop. The intended use would be a give away to introduce people to the concepts of the lifestyle and the show itself. I personally don't have the equipment or the time to make my own but would be willing to purchase some to give to my customers in my business and to people that I know. The Reaching the Unreachable show just a few days ago would be a good first track on the cd.
     How about it Jack? I am stepping up and saying I am willing to purchase some. Maybe the rest of the community can weigh in and say if it would help them if they didn't have to produce them on their own. I know it would help me.
     Dang, I need to listen to an intro cd myself, I am going through about 4-5 podcasts a day trying to get caught up.
good idea LivingSimple,

Offline kenser321

• Survivor
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2011, 03:05:46 AM »
I was thinking street teaming. Placing flyers everywhere, slapping stickers on road signs and buses, and holding public rallys. Ok it sounds fun, but I guess the stickers would be vandalism. And I frown  >:( on vandalism.

Offline daltontom7782

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »
"If some of our teenager excitement finder really want to go out and get a excitement.  Let them go up into the northern western and let them tangle with a Grizzly endure  or Complete endure or brownish endure and get that impact that will detoxify the soul".  ~ Michael Bear

Offline upstate

• Prepper
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2012, 02:55:39 AM »
I copied the pic of the ant with the ear phones,put the web site across the botton then printed them on business cards. Nothing else,just let curiosity do the rest.I leave a few card where ever I go and pin them up on any boards that have such things.Ive replaced the one at the laundry mat at least 15 times,every week!

Offline "Top" W. Kone

• Survivor
  • 1SG for an HHC in the USAR
    • Busy Poor Dad
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »
I made up some "National Preparedness Month" Flyers and placed them out at different businesses and my wife gave some out to the local ministers group she is part of.  In the list of "resources" is the TSP and many of the sponsors.

I'm likely abusing my position as an EMS/Fire member and ties to the City Emergency Management Agency.  But then, i'm not getting any monetary reward for this.

I also found this is a great way to talk to neighbors and family about taking little steps to preparedness. "Hey, it is National Preparedness Month, have you done anything?  I was on Ready.gov today and found some simple things I had never thought of to be a little bit better prepared."  Or "cheep things" or "easy things".

Offline armymars

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
How do I let people know about NRA's Life time membership for only 300 dollars Till Feb. 28th. phone number 888-678-7894. Am I allowed to say this on this web site?

Offline phil white

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2013, 02:07:05 PM »
Oh, I thought this was related to Guerilla gardening.
But anyway, I have t-shirts and magnetic signs I use, and sometimes business style cards that I leave for waitresses with their tips.
I don't have anything from this site yet as I'm a newbie.