Author Topic: Spreading The Survival Podcast Word or Guerilla Marketing  (Read 101366 times)

Offline Louisiana Suvivor

• Can't Spell His Own Name
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • I'm back! I miss you too.
Re: Spreading The Survival Podcast Word or Guerilla Marketing
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
just listen to some of the first podcasts till you hear him say it. i'm sure he does once or twice. other than that you'll have to wait till tuesday. big man's on vaca.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2009, 09:15:18 PM »
It would be nice if Jack could ring in on this.
I have the belief that the others are 100% correct but if Jack could ring in it would clear this up and I also would like to start making copies and CDs since I have all the podcasts downloaded.
I really don't feel comfortable making copies unless Jack is ok with it.

I forget who originally started guerilla marketing for the podcast, but someone of the forum last year made a lot of CDs and left them in different places. Maybe it was jeremya? I don't know, but Jack said that that was pretty awesome and encouraged it.

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 09:19:09 PM »
Thanks ColdHaven
Ok. I'm running on this.
I have to pick up some burnable cds, then I'm go.
Thanks.

just listen to some of the first podcasts till you hear him say it. i'm sure he does once or twice. other than that you'll have to wait till tuesday. big man's on vaca.
I thought I remembered something like that but I just wasn't sure.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2009, 11:35:21 PM »
Hey HoC - here is the thread regarding guerilla marketing: http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=117.0

I quote Jack here:
Non commercial distribution of the show is unlimited.  You can go nuts I just never expected anyone would do it!

My distribution policy among other things is on this page, http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/disclaimers-policies

One guy that owns a Army/Navy shop is playing my show over his sound system rather then music and that is amazing to me.  I think I have the most awesome audience in the world, you guys are such a blessing I promise to always do my best for you.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2009, 03:56:09 AM »
I forget who originally started guerilla marketing for the podcast, but someone of the forum last year made a lot of CDs and left them in different places. Maybe it was jeremya? I don't know, but Jack said that that was pretty awesome and encouraged it.
That would be me.

I started leaving them at work initially, then I started leaving them other places as well.

I also had cards made some time ago...I still have some...that I leave places.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:58:12 AM by DeltaEchoVictor »

Offline Bloodyboots

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2009, 10:07:16 PM »
I've left them on tables at our farmer's market, last week their was a note left for me.

"More please"

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2009, 10:11:41 PM »
I've left them on tables at our farmer's market, last week their was a note left for me.

"More please"

Are you serious??  That's pretty damn funny! :D

Offline “Mark”

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Freedom lovin' Canadian
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2009, 10:26:30 PM »
Well, consider Jack isn't doing this for the money, but to make a difference, I think it would be keeping with that mission to spread the word in any way possible.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2009, 12:00:42 AM »

"More please"

Cool. I'll have to leave some more out also. Not done it quite a while..

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2009, 04:35:21 AM »
Up & merged so the new folks know copying & distributing is encouraged.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:39:13 AM by DeltaEchoVictor »

Newb Survivalist

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2009, 03:41:42 AM »
i frequent a site called OMEGLE.COM

what it does is links you up in a chat room with a total stranger and the chats look like this

YOU: Hellow
STRANGER: hi

so it links you up with a total stranger and you can ask them anything you like.

some times i open with,

YOU: if you were quarantined in your house for 30 days, could you survive.

or i just get into typical convos and try to get them to check out the site...

it is entertaining and i try to turn people to thinking about survival and political stuff.

if you get a chance check it out. omegle.com       its fun too

-newb

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2009, 08:27:15 PM »
newb are you that creepy guy online pushing TSP?

Newb Survivalist

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2009, 02:24:10 AM »

you better believe it LS.

-newb

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2009, 02:54:17 PM »
I am planning on getting some cards printed up to hand to people.

I used to plant sticky notes with websites or book titles in anything that I returned to the library or movie rental shops.

Another thing you can do is interrupt telemarketers and say "you may want to check out TSP"

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2009, 03:37:30 PM »
I am planning on getting some cards printed up to hand to people.

I used to plant sticky notes with websites or book titles in anything that I returned to the library or movie rental shops.

Another thing you can do is interrupt telemarketers and say "you may want to check out TSP"

LAWL! telemarketers

Offline LGM30

• Senior Survivalist
  • The cold war didn't just end. It was won.
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2009, 08:35:50 PM »
I just spent a week in DC on vacation showing the kids a lot of the sights and things I got to see as a kid when we lived in Delaware. I thought about getting a bunch of small Altoids tins putting a small blinking LED in them and then putting a TSP business card inside and leaving them in the different monuments.   ;)Just Kidding...

But while at the hotel one night watching the kids swim I did chat with a guy from Wisconsin and the discussion strayed from politics to terrorism to surviving the terrorism.  I game him the show URL and Forum URL he said he was definitely going to check it out when he got home.

Eat the Elephant One Bite at a Time...

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2009, 08:54:32 AM »
that's awesome LGM30! you may have played an important role in waking up/guiding someone to a better life for generations to come. i think the altoids tins are the only marketing Jack doesn't want! LOL.

Offline Darkwinter

• Junior Evil Overlord
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Has his wife's permission
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2009, 09:26:06 AM »
Start calling people "Assclowns":  I was pissed off at a guy at work and called him an assclown.  It just slipped out.  Everyone in the office started to laugh and asked me, "Where the hell did you come up with Assclown?". 

If we can't get there to the site for gardening or emergency planning - we can at least get them to the site to hear about Assclowns. :)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2009, 01:47:51 PM »
LOL!  There you have it - when emergency preparations don't work, lure them to the site through creative cussing.  I love it!  :D

Newb Survivalist

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2009, 05:11:07 PM »
assclown = office space.

Yeah, well, at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
You know, there's nothing wrong with that name.
There *was* nothing wrong with it... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

i knew i heard it somewhere before.

-newb

Offline LGM30

• Senior Survivalist
  • The cold war didn't just end. It was won.
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2009, 08:25:46 PM »
assclown = office space.

That's the first place I heard it too.

At work we reserve the full moniker, No Talent Ass Clown, for very special people.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 08:31:15 PM by LGM30 »

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2009, 10:27:02 PM »
At work I, and some 6 others, where radio headphones. I broadcast "The Survival Podcast" everyday via "The Whole House Transmitter" ($99) that has about a 350' range. Everyday day I broadcast at minimum NBC nightly news, The Survival Podcast, Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck. So when I download these podcasts and listen to them, 6 others are hearing them also. Beyond that, I also set the transmitter up on the weekends at home and put a weeks' worth of Jack, Rush, Glenn on queue and let it play so whoever in the neighborhood is tuned in can hear. I have it broadcasting a few notches away from a popular country/western station. 

Offline JokersWild

• TSP Mule
  • Survivalist Mentor
  • You can't save all the starfish.
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2009, 05:23:37 AM »
I was just thinking about this. What would be great is if Jack had an "Introduction to The Survival Podcast". Things that would contain his mission, core beliefs, the resources (podcast and forum) etc. things like that which would be the hook. This wouldn't be one of the actual podcasts, per se, but it would be the actual introduction for The Survival Podcast.

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2009, 05:59:15 AM »
At work I, and some 6 others, where radio headphones. I broadcast "The Survival Podcast" everyday via "The Whole House Transmitter" ($99) that has about a 350' range. Everyday day I broadcast at minimum NBC nightly news, The Survival Podcast, Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck. So when I download these podcasts and listen to them, 6 others are hearing them also. Beyond that, I also set the transmitter up on the weekends at home and put a weeks' worth of Jack, Rush, Glenn on queue and let it play so whoever in the neighborhood is tuned in can hear. I have it broadcasting a few notches away from a popular country/western station. 

Great job with the mini pirate radio station project!

Are Rush and Glenn really helping you meet your goals and live a better life though?  Might I suggest taking a 30day break from those guys and fill the void with some other podcasts that are more skill building or educational?  See what the results are.

sarahluker

« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2009, 08:20:44 AM »
Nothing wrong with Beck or Limbaugh, especially if you are a political junkie.  Educational endeavors and preparedness are vitally important, but you also need a well-rounded life.  Single-minded focus on anything is not good for you or your family. 

Back to the subject.  My husband has been treating my prepping as a good natured joke.  Even though it gets under my skin a bit, I plug on.  Well the other day he was in the room while I listened to Jack's podcast about firearms.  No comment afterwards.  Then he listened with me to the one about debt.  A couple of comments.  Then the other night I get a call from him asking me the name of the podcast.  He's telling the guys from work about it and they wanted the web address.   Talk about a surprise.  Maybe he's slowly getting on track.

I have forwarded the email announcing a new podcast to several friends.  It's an easy way to spread the news.

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
Nothing wrong with Beck or Limbaugh, especially if you are a political junkie.  Educational endeavors and preparedness are vitally important, but you also need a well-rounded life.  Single-minded focus on anything is not good for you or your family. 

Skipping these shows is not about becoming single minded, quite the opposite, it is about living deliberately, and expanding your focus.

I actually will issue you a challenge.  For the entire month of September:

1. NO Limbaugh, Beck, and the like.  This means no surfing their websites or reading their books either.
2. NO TV of any kind, and NO associated websites like foxnews.com, or msnbc.com, etc.  just take a nice one month break.

You do this for the entire month of September and think it was not a positive experience, and was a waste of your time, I will send you a brand new:

Kaito Electronics Inc. KA500GRN Voyager Solar/Dynamo Emergency Radio

http://www.amazon.com/Kaito-Electronics-Inc-KA500GRN-Emergency/dp/B001EUG3II/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1250964642&sr=8-2

Are you game?

sarahluker

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2009, 02:13:53 PM »
Didn't say skipping would be a problem.  Personally only watch a couple of times a week and listen to Rush even less.  Not because I disagree, but because I have varied interest and not enough time.   Said it doesn't hurt to watch them in a well rounded way.  It sounds as though you have a bias against them.  Maybe not, but it came across as condescending when you made that statement. 

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »
Back on topic please.

The PM system works well for challenging each other, if that's your interest.

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »
Great job with the mini pirate radio station project!

Are Rush and Glenn really helping you meet your goals and live a better life though?  Might I suggest taking a 30day break from those guys and fill the void with some other podcasts that are more skill building or educational?  See what the results are.

Yes, Rush & Glenn are essential in making the other "radioheads", as we call ourselves, aware of the urgency of the times. When I heard Jack say it was Glenn Beck forewarn about the financial crises a year before, that is when I signed up for his podcast. I also play Lew Rockwell, Trapperman, various gun podcasts, outdoor podcasts.

I also play audio books such as Ted Nugents' "Ted, White, & Blue", Mark Levin "Liberty & Tyranny", and "Liberal Fascism" by Jonah Goldberg. Some of those however are quite deep and are played sparingly. But Louis L'Amour audio books are a big hit as they always have a lot of practical wisdom on survival in the wilderness and in dealing with villains.

The favorite of all for everyone by far is "The Survival Podcast". When Jack says something everyone is in agreement the thumbs go up across the room. When he goes off on some assclown, everyone just roars, they love it! His knowledge is highly respected and everyone has made some changes in their lifestyle to some degree or another due to this brilliant show.

Offline caseypod

• Prepper
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2009, 01:05:20 AM »
I have been promoting the TSP through word of mouth as well as spreading it on other sites (like my regional firearms site NorthwestFirearms). I have not tried leaving discs out yet, but I have played it loud and proud in my office so people get curious when they pass by. (I work for the gubment... lots of sheeple to wake up). I also will mention it in general conversation - I told my section chief about it when he brought up gardening at work.

I am a proud listener of TSP, hopefully a member support brigadier soon too (working on killing the debt first).

example of a shameless plug
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99896&postcount=6