Author Topic: Do you??  (Read 3968 times)

Pokethis

Do you??
« on: November 29, 2008, 10:14:25 AM »
I've been thinking about the Mumbai situation and that I keep everything in my purse and I have a another bag I haul around in the car "in case".  But let's say I am sitting in a restaurant and I've put down my purse and I have to run and I don't have time or presence of mind to grab my purse.  Then I'm out on the street with nothing except maybe my car bag.  It may be days before I get anything back if I would get my purse back at all.

I'd like to have my Drivers license, bank card and some cash.  Any suggestions for something I could use even if I'm wearing a dress/skirt?  I could make something I could wear around my neck and under my blouse maybe...

Just thinking....

Offline MamaGator

• Prepper
Re: Do you??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 06:02:27 PM »
Some of the travel stores have zipper pouches that can be worn around the neck.  I've also seen thin fabric 'belts' that go around the waist under your clothes and are not noticeable at all.  Try http://www.magellans.com/ or http://www.travelsmith.com/.

Maybe a key chain that has a zipper pouch the size of a driver license or credit card.  You could keep a few folded bills inside.  If concerned that you might not grab your keys, attached a coil wristband so the keychain will stay on your wrist.

Hope this give you some ideas.

Pokethis

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 06:05:22 PM »
Thanks, the key thing is something I didn't think about.

IRoberge

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 03:15:46 PM »
I keep a small stash of $1 bills in my BOB in the car.  As for the driver's license/bank card, if you don't need them with you have you thought about keeping them in your bag in the car?  When you leave your vehicle just put them in your bag, until you come back out again.  If I am going to a store I put my cash money and CCW permit in my pocket (I don't wear anything without pockets, skirts, suits and dresses included)  That way if my purse is stolen, I don't lose those items.  THe driver's license is much easier to replace than the permit, and I can use the permit as picture identification, and I really don't want a thief to get all my cash if they steal my wallet!

Just a thought.

Pokethis

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 06:45:41 PM »
Are you afraid of someone breaking into the car and taking off with it?  I have a Dodge Magnum (no trunk).  I, too, keep cash not in my wallet.  Good idea about all clothes having pockets.  I'll keep that in mind as I buy skirts and dresses etc.

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 07:26:55 PM »
Well you can always go with a belt purse, a lot more stylish than a bum bag or fanny pack but with less storage space. You can also get a tourist pouch that hang around the neck although I prefer the ones that tie about the waist. You can also stitch a coin purse onto some broadcloth and pin that to the inside of a dress or loop it around so that it rests under the bust generally out of sight. You can also find club purses which serve a similar purpose. If it can fit an Altoids® tin it will likely suit.

Happy Cow has some nice ones but the design could be replicated by someone handy with a needle. I like that one because it has a gunslinger style to it.
http://www.happycow.com.au/travel_fashionable_happy_cow_leather_money_access.html