Author Topic: Rare earthquake rattles Chicago  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Hraz

• Survivalist Mentor
Rare earthquake rattles Chicago
« on: February 10, 2010, 07:33:12 AM »
CHICAGO - A small pre-dawn earthquake has hit northern Illinois, startling sleepy-eyed residents as far away as Iowa and Indiana, but no damage or injuries were immediately reported...
Copyright © 2010, The Los Angeles Times

Illinois Earthquake: Chicago Feels Tremors Of 4.3 Magnitude Quake|huffingtonpost.com
 E-mail  Print  Digg  Twitter  Facebook  StumbleUpon   Share
COMMENTS (0) | Add Comment

Comments:  

01400 characters remaining

If you are under 13 years of age you may read this message board, but you may not participate. Here are the full legal terms you agree to by using this comment form. Comments are filtered for language and registration is required. Web and/or e-mail addresses are not permitted. Note: Comments are moderated and will not appear until they have been reviewed by Los Angeles Times staff.

edited by TexDaddy, in accordance with DMCA rules and regulations. (No link provided by the OP)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:44:10 PM by TexDaddy »

Offline OC Celtic Lass

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Freedom is precious......do something to keep it!
Re: Rare earthquake rattles Chicago
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 07:48:34 AM »
CHICAGO - A small pre-dawn earthquake has hit northern Illinois, startling sleepy-eyed residents as far away as Iowa and Indiana, but no damage or injuries were immediately reported...
Residents reported being tossed out of bed and finding books and tools scattered across the floor.
Copyright © 2010, The Los Angeles Times

Illinois Earthquake: Chicago Feels Tremors Of 4.3 Magnitude Quake|huffingtonpost.com
 E-mail  Print  Digg  Twitter  Facebook  StumbleUpon   Share
COMMENTS (0) | Add Comment

Comments:  

01400 characters remaining

If you are under 13 years of age you may read this message board, but you may not participate. Here are the full legal terms you agree to by using this comment form. Comments are filtered for language and registration is required. Web and/or e-mail addresses are not permitted. Note: Comments are moderated and will not appear until they have been reviewed by Los Angeles Times staff.

Thank you for this post!

edited by TexDaddy, in accordance with DMCA rules and regulations. (No link provided by this poster either.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:45:36 PM by TexDaddy »

Offline bubtech

• Senior Survivalist
    • BUBWeb.com Websites starting at $10 per YEAR... WHAT!... YEAH!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »
2 things...
1. I live 20-30 miles from the epicenter, it woke me up!
2.  Not to get all tin foily or anything but is it just me or has earthquake activity been higher the last couple years? (Big ones... Pakistan, China, Haiti, 3-4 others in the Caribbean and South America after Haiti)  This just seems like it is bigger / more active than normal.  If I'm right watch out New Madrid http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1812_New_Madrid_earthquake
BTW if you live in St. Louis or Memphis area you BETTER prep for earthquakes that one is BAD A$$.
B

Offline Hraz

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 08:30:36 PM »
A freind of mine who lives in Chicago said there was one in 2008.

Offline OC Celtic Lass

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Freedom is precious......do something to keep it!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »
I read testimony on that 1812 Madrid Quake! It was violent according to the pioneer's testimony. There were spouts of something coming from the ground all over. They testify that the river started running backwards. Scientists can only guesstimate on the magnitude according to testimony. Thinking about 8.0 or 9.0. I believe some of the testimony is at previous earthquakes sites on the internet. And it is about due to rock and roll again! Beware preppers! Beware of Yellowstone also! Just saying.

Offline sboyle1

• Prepper
  • Emergency Management Analyst
    • Visit me on Linkedin!
Re: Rare earthquake rattles Chicago (1/31/2012)
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »
Small quake was registered late last night (around 10:30 CST) in McHenry county along the Illinois Wisconsin state line. Magnitude registered as a 2.4 no major damage reported at this time.