Author Topic: 1st trip of the season!!  (Read 3905 times)

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
1st trip of the season!!
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »
Wife and I are headed out this afternoon.
Driving about 4hours north to stay in a camp for a couple of days.
Probably do a little fishing and catch up on my reading. I know it's not really camping, but if I don't get a little downtime soon...lets just say things could become ugly. The way I see it, it beats the hell out of a "bed and breakfast". Besides, I get lots of real outdoor time anyway. (sorry, rationalizing)  ;D

Offline joeinwv

• The Bee Whisperer
  • Survival Demonstrator
Re: 1st trip of the season!!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:15:58 AM »
Enjoy - I know the feeling when you get that itch to be outside.

coffecat

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »
am 8 shades of jealous.  Hope you are not getting any rain right now. C.

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
The weather was great. No bugs yet as far north as we went. We did alot more relaxing and sightseeing than anything else.
I'll try and post a few pictures a little later. ;)

Offline CalGal

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 04:38:46 PM »
We left last Sunday for out first trip of the season as well. I had never been camping with my husband before, only Scouts. We went just 53 miles away into our local mnts. I approached it as survival training. What made us uncomfortable, what did we over look, what did we do right, what will make it better next time...etc? The dogs and I loved it. The best part was that I used my solar oven for the first time and even at 5500 ft. the meal turned out great! The worst part was that I found out my hubby was "high maintenance"! Too cold at night, didn't like to go out to pee, got board...etc. We left a day early 'cause we ran out of beer. He said he'll try again, but in a camper, NO tent. [sigh]

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 05:21:06 PM »
We left last Sunday for out first trip of the season as well. I had never been camping with my husband before, only Scouts. We went just 53 miles away into our local mnts. I approached it as survival training. What made us uncomfortable, what did we over look, what did we do right, what will make it better next time...etc? The dogs and I loved it. The best part was that I used my solar oven for the first time and even at 5500 ft. the meal turned out great! The worst part was that I found out my hubby was "high maintenance"! Too cold at night, didn't like to go out to pee, got board...etc. We left a day early 'cause we ran out of beer. He said he'll try again, but in a camper, NO tent. [sigh]
Congrats to you and your hubby for trying at least.

Offline kc9eci

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »
3rd trip for me.  At a KOA hanging out in the camper now where it's warm and dry.  I set up in a rain/snow mix.  Got soaked to the bone.  Weather tomorrow is looking to be pretty cool, but at least dry.  Good day to sit around the campfire telling tall tales.  Probably going to be my last camping trip until I get back from the UK in June and then one more camper trip for sure and then I want to get out and do some backpack/tent and canoe/tent camping trips.  Life doesn't get much better than living out of a backpack for a few days and being manly.

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 03:28:25 PM »
Pictures, as promised.....

This was the view from our deck

The pooch even needed some rest

Our camp from the other side of Moose River

Mt. Kineo

The Katahdin Kate still sitting at the dock,  closed for the winter

I know, it's not really camping, but we had a good weekend

I was thinking "LUNCH"