Author Topic: A Review of the SmartReloader iSD Powder Scale and Dispenser  (Read 4328 times)

Offline dracphelan

• Survivor
    • Gun Totin' Hippies
I recently purchased a SmartReloader iSD powder scale and dispenser. This is an Italian designed and Chinese manufactured product. To test it, I went through 100 loads double checking every fifth one with my RCBS 502 manual scale in multiple sessions. All of the loads were spot on. I was using 21.3 grains Ramshot TAC powder. So far, I have been pleased with my purchase. However, there are few things that annoy me:

1. The instructions are sparse. There are 3 pages per language in the manual.
   2. You need to let it warm up. At first, I thought it wasn’t working. I had pushed the power on button, gotten a beep and then nothing. The LCD screen did not come on. I went away for a few minutes, and when I got back it was on.
   3. I wish the manual had told me about the powder emptying dial on the side. When I first went to load powder in it, it all went pouring out the side because the dial was turned to the open position. (See picture below)
   4. Each charge takes about 30 seconds to dispense. This is fine for precision rifle rounds. But, when I’m needing to load for pistol or my AR, this will not do. For now, I will need to depend on my volume based powder dispenser on these rounds.

http://www.natchezss.com/Category.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=UY&prodID=UYVBSR0021&prodTitle=Smartreloader%20iSD%20Automatic%20Powder%20Scale%20&%20Dispenser