Author Topic: PowerPax Battery Management Systems  (Read 3417 times)

Offline sawtac

• Senior Survivalist
  • Bert the Turtle
    • Sawtooth Tactical
PowerPax Battery Management Systems
« on: July 26, 2010, 05:11:55 PM »
We just recently added the PowerPax Battery Management Systems battery holders to the store so I thought a quick review would help out most of you since you've probably never seen them before.  I hadn't either but decided they just looked perfect for what I wanted.  I always carry (or need) batteries in my packs.  I've used the Maxpedition Volta case and it's great but I don't always need or want an extra nylon case.

Most of my gear now uses AA and 123 but I do have an electronic hearing protector that uses AAA.  The PowerPax holders come in 6 AAA, 4 AA, 4 CR123, 12 AA, and a multi-pack holding 4AA, 12 AA, 2 D, and 1 9v. 

I decided that the most popular colors would probably be Military Green and Moonshine.  But, what's Moonshine?  It glows in the dark!  And it's pretty bright and seems to last a long time.  I had one on the bedside table last night and without holding it up to the light (or doing anything special to it) I found it bright enough to bother my sleep.  The Moonshine color is going to really help finding the batteries in the middle of the night.

Since I carry gear that really needs AA I plan on using at least one 12 AA carrier.  My Fenix TH45 is awesome and doesn't eat the rechargeables too fast I do want to carry extras.  It uses 8 AA's.  I do also carry either a Novatac one or two cell CR123 light.  The 4 CR123 carrier is a must.

I've only used these for a few days and here's how I rate them:

1. Pro's: So simple to use you'd have to be brain dead if you can't figure out how to use them.  Moonshine is awesome!
2. Con's: None so far.
3. Value: The best bang for the buck on battery carriers I've found.
4. Overall rating:  I've used simple clam shell type battery carriers and they are cheaper.  But the really don't compare head-to-head.  These get a 10/10 from me.

Offline sawtac

• Senior Survivalist
  • Bert the Turtle
    • Sawtooth Tactical
Re: PowerPax Battery Management Systems
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 06:34:48 PM »