Author Topic: Changing the Default Theme  (Read 26833 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: Changing the Default Theme
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 07:53:36 AM »
I was a jerk last time you changed themes and will apologize again.

I do NOT remember that.  Even after you saying so, I don't remember it.  I'd like to keep on not remembering it.  ;)

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 03:31:09 PM »
Sis,
Thanks for working and doing all this stuff.
I know its awkward during the switch-over, but you're doing a great job.

Hey DEV,  :P
 ;D
Kiss-ass....

*kicks the dirt & goes home* (to have rabbit for dinner)

btw, I wasn't implying that you were being lazy.  I just know dev.  And I know he was.  ;)
In a thread full of butt-kisser's I'm just daring to be different.  ;)

I wasn't being lazy...I was just the last to know, as usual. ::)  (because I hadn't read your stupid announcement)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 03:37:24 PM by DeltaEchoVictor »

Offline elcoyote

• Gypsy Prepper Squad
  • Survivor
    • Crap! I'm An Adult!
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 04:13:20 PM »
It's shiny... I like it! Very bubbley! Everything is round and pretty like. Nice job! The old one was a bit boring, imho.

Thanks for your hard work!

Offline NWBowhunter

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Got Elk!
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »
Better layout I think. Nice.

Offline kiteflyer

• Survival Demonstrator
  • The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »
 Having a google search box,boy that makes me feel much better sister wolf! All cozy and fluffy like a big teddy bear! I would prefer a spell check function but I am just a guest here and not paying anything to be here.As always you have the good with the bad. ;D

kiteflyer
   http://www.prisonplanet.com/group-calls-for-hearings-into-google%E2%80%99s-ties-to-cia-and-nsa.html

I really am sorry.  My guts were in a twist knowing that I'd piss off at least a hundred members with a single click of the mouse.

But look at it this way - now you have a google search box at the bottom of the forum!  *nervous smile*
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:36:52 PM by kiteflyer »

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 10:08:32 PM »
Having a google search box,boy that makes me feel much better sister wolf! All cozy and fluffy like a big teddy bear! I would prefer a spell check function but I am just a guest here and not paying anything to be here.As always you have the good with the bad. ;D

kiteflyer
   http://www.prisonplanet.com/group-calls-for-hearings-into-google%E2%80%99s-ties-to-cia-and-nsa.html

LOL!  I'm sorry, Kitey.  I wasn't trying to make your bat senses tingle there.  :D

I am working on the spell check function, buddy.  I'll see if I can get it installed tomorrow while you guys are eating roasted birdies.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 10:10:12 PM »
I wasn't being lazy...I was just the last to know, as usual. ::)  (because I hadn't read your stupid announcement)

Poooor dev.  Want some fries with that waaaaamburger?

;D

Offline Andy44

• Prepper
    • Self Sufficiency World
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 05:53:26 AM »
It was a bit of a surprise when I checked in and saw a different theme, but I like it.

Sis - you can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can please some of the people most of the time! You're work is good, and we all understand "stuff happens".

A.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »
Thanks, Andy!

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 09:31:56 AM »
this is a legitimate problem now, SW, not just the petulance of a change-phobic forum member (okay, well, maybe it is that too!)

there used to be a really big button to go to Jack's podcast site.  it is gone now.  any chance to get that back?

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 09:40:27 AM »
If you go to the forum home page, there is a Podcast ad in the middle below the header. That is a direct link to the podcast blog.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 07:53:56 PM »
this is a legitimate problem now, SW, not just the petulance of a change-phobic forum member (okay, well, maybe it is that too!)

there used to be a really big button to go to Jack's podcast site.  it is gone now.  any chance to get that back?

Now there's a really big button that goes to Jack's podcast site again.  It's up in the right hand corner.  It has a pic of val, and it says, "THE SURVIVAL PODCAST & BLOG".

Hope that helps.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 08:06:03 PM »
cool thank you.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 10:45:17 PM »
cool thank you.

You are most welcome.  I'm very sorry that I can't just give you babylon back.  I hope you know it's not a question of aesthetics or some kind of sick power trip on my part.

I mean... power trips are fun when everybody involved is a consenting adult. ;D  But I wouldn't do this to you if it wasn't literally breaking the forum.

I know it's tough to get used to a new theme.  Especially when you didn't want the new theme.  I'll do anything that is within my power to fix any gripe that you have, but eventually it will boil down to "I just don't like it" and that - my darling - I cannot fix.  I CAN, however, go see if I can find a babylon-ish theme that doesn't break the forum and install it so that you have the choice of using that theme.

Let me see what I can find for you.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2010, 08:17:04 AM »
nah, i was just being lazy, like  you said about DEV  ;)  I dislike change very much.  I am already used to the new one, so don't put yourself out.  At this point, if you changed it back, I would probably gripe there too.  I am just lazy when it comes to my computer habits.  dh is always afraid to do anything to my computer - even if I have been complaining about something for a long time - cuz I will complain about other things.....

so the point of all this - DON'T YOU DARE SPEND YOUR PRECIOUS TIME TRYING TO ACCOMMODATE ME!   :P

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 10:11:36 AM »
so the point of all this - DON'T YOU DARE SPEND YOUR PRECIOUS TIME TRYING TO ACCOMMODATE ME!   :P
hehehe..

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »
nah, i was just being lazy, like  you said about DEV  ;)  I dislike change very much.  I am already used to the new one, so don't put yourself out.  At this point, if you changed it back, I would probably gripe there too.  I am just lazy when it comes to my computer habits.  dh is always afraid to do anything to my computer - even if I have been complaining about something for a long time - cuz I will complain about other things.....

LOL!  Seriously, MS, if there's anything more you want done (especially legitimate things like your complaint yesterday), all you have to do is say something, and they'll get done.  I'm a little slow right now (started getting sick yesterday morning, and  now I'm completely done for.  Got a cold - YUCK!) but you WILL get taken care of.

You and other forum members are exactly who we volunteer to spend our precious time accommodating.  :)