Author Topic: And they never thought of it. . .  (Read 2243 times)

Offline CBP

• Survivor
And they never thought of it. . .
« on: December 10, 2010, 06:46:57 AM »
a first aid kit that is.  The other half was speaking with some female acquaintances of his and mentioned that I had purchased a new bag for a first aid kit for the car.  They were curious as to what and why.  The light bulb went off and wow what a good idea, never thought of it.  Really.  I've used mine twice for myself in the last month -- cut finger and allergy meds I forgot to take.  These ladies have kids (I don't) -- seems to me that kids smuck themselves up quite regularly.  The last thing I'd want to do is dig through the glove box to look for stray fast food napkins to stop the bleeding.  sheeshka.

Offline MamaRhi

• Prepper
Re: And they never thought of it. . .
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:29:23 PM »
When I started spending a lot of time driving my kids around, it suddenly became very clear that I needed a first aid kit in my car. In some of the homeschool park groups I've been involved with, a lot of the moms have them in their cars. I think how much time someone spends driving their kids around to activities and with their kids, determines how much they'll think of having one.

Now I just always have one around. My kids are with me a lot and if it's not them needing it, someone else's kid is going to need it. Or the adults! Even without kids around, we should have first aid kits in all of our cars and homes.

It's a shame that first aid isn't taught in public school as a requirement.