The TSP Marketplace > MURS-Radio.com

New murs radio system owner with question

(1/2) > >>

Slick:
Can the base station monitor and alert you for more then one channel at a time because it seems if you have to change channel on the base station it leaves the other stations vulnerable ? thanks for anyone's help on this.. Brent

rob_ma:

--- Quote from: Slick on October 31, 2011, 09:28:55 AM ---Can the base station monitor and alert you for more then one channel at a time because it seems if you have to change channel on the base station it leaves the other stations vulnerable ? thanks for anyone's help on this.. Brent

--- End quote ---

Brent,

The base radio monitors only one channel at a time although it can be set to any one of the five MURS frequencies. Is there a reason that you are using multiple frequencies?

- Rob

Slick:
I am sure I have it wrong but the reason I wanted to use different frequencies so that I know which area there some thing going on, scenario alert sector 1 means some ones coming up the drive way I will have a motion and under drive way detector on that...  Alert sector 2 means deer are in at the feeder and maybe alert sector three means some ones around the pole barn you know what I mean and the wife will know what each sector means and so I know where to look to see whats going on so they all dont say alert sector one and I will have no clue where or what its alerting me to..Please explain if I have it wrong, thanks Brent

rob_ma:

--- Quote from: Slick on November 01, 2011, 10:04:31 AM ---I am sure I have it wrong but the reason I wanted to use different frequencies so that I know which area there some thing going on, scenario alert sector 1 means some ones coming up the drive way I will have a motion and under drive way detector on that...  Alert sector 2 means deer are in at the feeder and maybe alert sector three means some ones around the pole barn you know what I mean and the wife will know what each sector means and so I know where to look to see whats going on so they all dont say alert sector one and I will have no clue where or what its alerting me to..Please explain if I have it wrong, thanks Brent

--- End quote ---

OK, I understand what you are asking. The motion sensors can all be on the same channel. Inside the unit is a four position switch which allows a unique voice alert from each one. If you set the switch to position 1 you will hear "alert zone 1" repeated three times on your base radio. If you set a second one to position 2 you will hear "alert zone 2" from that sensor. This allows you to determine which one was tripped. There are four messages (alert 1 through 4) that can be chosen.

- Rob

Slick:
Rob so what your telling me is If I set the black switch in each sensor/unit to different 1 thru 4 that they all will come thru on channel 1 then ? I appreciate all the help.. Brent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version