Author Topic: Looking for a Can Sealer - Can Seamer for home use  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Cult Leader

• Prepper
Looking for a Can Sealer - Can Seamer for home use
« on: March 05, 2012, 08:04:01 PM »
I'm looking for a Can Sealer - Can Seamer.  I"ve heard good things about the American Senior Can Seamer but I'd like to know if anyone has tried one. 

I'm open to all suggestions and would also like to know what the cost I should expect.

Offline cdhm22

• Survivor
Re: Looking for a Can Sealer - Can Seamer for home use
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
What are you wanting to use the can sealer for? Just curious. Wondering why Ball type canning jars wouldn't work for you?

Offline soccer grannie

• Survivalist Mentor

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 03:21:07 PM »
When I was thinking about purchasing a can seamer I heard some good things about the All American Senior Flywheel Can Sealer model 7502. I liked the ability to seal number 10 and 12 cans for dry pack and smaller number 2 and 3 cans for wet pack by switching out a few parts.

However, after a lot of research I decided that the $900+ price tag and the horror stories about procuring cans that I'd just go the home canning with ball jars route.

Fruend Container makes some fairly economical models ranging from $300-$700 depending on durability, but I only ever saw the options for Number 1, 2 qnd 3 sized cans and never called customer support to find out about other sizes.

The price of cans were all over the board in price depending on size, lining options and quantity and tended to cost just as much if not more than your average ball jar unless you could buy in great numbers. One good suggestion made to me was to purchase the cans through the LDS who sold them for $0.30 at the time if I recall, but they were having trouble procuring them because of some industry hullabaloo.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:44:48 PM by Nicodemus »

Offline Cult Leader

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »
What are you wanting to use the can sealer for? Just curious. Wondering why Ball type canning jars wouldn't work for you?

Looking to use it to store not only food but other items for storage (and concealment).