Author Topic: 299 Days: A realistic view of what could and probably will come  (Read 172310 times)

Offline Grannywhiskers

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: 299 Days: A realistic view of what could and probably will come
« Reply #390 on: April 01, 2013, 07:05:01 PM »
Loved Book 5 as well as the rest.  Now when will Book 6 be out?  Those who read fast go through books quickly.
OH!  I miss America!

Offline Hootie

• Written Word Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Just another day gardening in the heat of texas
    • Frozen Gardener
« Reply #391 on: April 01, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
Finally got my fix with Book #5, but as with all junkies it is only a matter of time before I will be tweaking for the  next book...   ;D

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #392 on: April 16, 2013, 08:32:31 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I love seeing that people are loving the series.

Book Six should be out in late May or early June.

I have been getting up at 3:45 am this week and doing the very detailed edits to Book Six.  I think you'll really like it.

Offline Panhead Bill

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2013, 10:21:49 AM »
I was a late starter on the series, and just got book 1 on my kindle last week. Well, I couldn't put it down and wound up reading all five over the weekend. Now I can't wait for the next release!  Of course, that means I won't get any work done for a few days, 'cause ill have my face stuck in my kindle until I finish the book.

Overall, it's a great series of books. I'm a fan of the EOTWAWKI genre of books (especially certain zombie series), but the realistic element of these books was a refreshing, if somewhat scary, change of pace. I almost had to double check the newspaper when I was done with the books to make sure I wasn't reading a current account of things.

Glenn, er...Heavy G, er I mean Benito ... er, um, whoever you are - great job!!  I'm a fan. Btw, it's nice to know that there are other non-dirtbag attorneys out there ;-)

Quick question: Is "Ryan", the newer addition to the team based on the "Gunrunner" Ryan? 

Thanks,

Bill

Bonnieblue2A

« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2013, 10:46:09 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I love seeing that people are loving the series.

Book Six should be out in late May or early June.

I have been getting up at 3:45 am this week and doing the very detailed edits to Book Six.  I think you'll really like it.

Waiting to place my Amazon order for book #5 because I know I won't want to have to wait for book #6.

Do you think this series will be completely out before the collapse?

Recently I've been making donations to some libraries of liberty based media, be it books or DVDs. I figure that is one avenue through which to wake others up who may not be otherwise approachable. Once the series is completed do you think it might be possible for Prepper Press to offer a discount on the series, in its printed entirety, if (and only if) the shipping is directly to a public of school library? 

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #395 on: May 08, 2013, 09:52:47 PM »
Thanks to all of you guys who have purchased the book and told people about it.  Wow.  I can't tell you how much of a pleasant surprise it has been to see so many people enjoying this book series. 

The easiest way to keep up on the book is to friend me on Facebook.  I'm "Glen Tate" (narrow it down from all the other Glen Tates with glentate123@gmail.com) and I'm also "299 Days (the book)."

Thanks again to all of you.

Offline kimdvm

• Prepper
« Reply #396 on: May 08, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »
sent you a FB request, "Glen".  Enjoying the books  and looking forward to the next one :)

Bonnieblue2A

« Reply #397 on: May 24, 2013, 01:14:21 PM »
How much longer will we have to wait for book #6 ???

Offline bob3

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #398 on: May 24, 2013, 03:50:58 PM »
End of May, early June, okay.  I'd rather wait another week if it means you take a day or two off, finish strong, and feel good about your work.  Obviously this has become more important than a hobby to you, so just chill and do it right.  We'll all thank you even more. [but hurry on 7, okay!?!?  ;-) ]

Offline Louisiana Suvivor

• Can't Spell His Own Name
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • I'm back! I miss you too.
« Reply #399 on: May 24, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »
just ordered books 3-5. can't wait to read them!

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #400 on: May 25, 2013, 06:10:22 AM »
Thanks to everyone.  TSP'ers have made this book successful.  I am so thankful.

I am reorganizing some things so I have more time to be on TSP.  I'll certainly try.  Let all the TSP'ers know that I hope to back here a little more in the coming weeks.

BTW: I just now - like 10 minutes ago - finished the final, final edits to Book Six.  You'll freakin' love it.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #401 on: May 25, 2013, 07:10:20 AM »
Thanks for the update, G.  Looking forward to getting it.  You keep writin', we'll keep readin'.

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #402 on: May 25, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »
That's awesome G! The guy I let borrow the first two tried to buy the next ones from a big box book store (can't remember which one) and they said it was company policy not to carry "those types of books". He was flabbergasted as am I! I am going to find out which one and call their corporate office and get the word from them because I can't imagine that being accurate. I'm going to try to get your books down in the stores in Louisiana brother. It's the least I can do. These books are helping me open a lot of loved ones to prepping. Keep fighting the fight  man and always know you have an friend in south east Louisiana.

Offline Mexican_Hippie

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #403 on: May 25, 2013, 12:08:12 PM »
Awesome!  Can't wait for book 6.

Offline kimdvm

• Prepper
« Reply #404 on: May 27, 2013, 01:30:00 AM »
Is anyone else thinking that the recent exposure of some of the IRS and DOJ shenanigans make the 299 days books more realistic?

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #405 on: May 27, 2013, 08:52:55 AM »

That's awesome G! The guy I let borrow the first two tried to buy the next ones from a big box book store (can't remember which one) and they said it was company policy not to carry "those types of books". He was flabbergasted as am I! I am going to find out which one and call their corporate office and get the word from them because I can't imagine that being accurate. I'm going to try to get your books down in the stores in Louisiana brother. It's the least I can do. These books are helping me open a lot of loved ones to prepping. Keep fighting the fight  man and always know you have an friend in south east Louisiana.

Thanks, man.  I really appreciate it.

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2013, 07:37:14 PM »
Glen and I have been working with our amazing designer and just launched some new merchandise in the store to go along with Book 6.  Lots of other new items are coming soon.

Offline Oldhomestead

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #407 on: May 30, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »
I've been following the series as it came out and have really liked it as a whole but after Book 5 I’m deeply disappointed in the character Grant. After preaching the Constitution through the series and particularly the last couple books it turns out he’s no more interested in following it than the Government Officials hiding on the military base.

It’ll be interesting to see if there will be any fallout in the future on his flagrant abuses and illegal activities, although I assume the way it was glossed over the answer will be no. I guess even in the microcosm of Pierce Point power corrupts.

With book 6 coming out any time now I guess we’ll find out. Keep’em coming!

Offline Panhead Bill

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #408 on: May 30, 2013, 07:53:43 PM »
Unless I'm just forgetting something, I don't recall any flagrant Constitutional abuses by Grant - be might have walked a fine line a few times, or had a "human" moment where he simply reacted without thinking first, but nothing intentional and fragrant. Can you be more specific?  Might refresh my memory.

Bill

Offline Ms. Albatross

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #409 on: June 01, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
 :knitting:

Still waiting for book six.....

Offline mithgar50

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »
Thanks Bill was gonna post along the same lines tonight.

Offline Hypax

• Prepper
  • Non si tamen ut
« Reply #411 on: June 02, 2013, 06:41:26 PM »
I saw a posting, think it was Glen's facebook, Book 6 due out June 10th. Looking forward to it.

Offline Oldhomestead

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #412 on: June 03, 2013, 12:38:39 PM »
Unless I'm just forgetting something, I don't recall any flagrant Constitutional abuses by Grant - be might have walked a fine line a few times, or had a "human" moment where he simply reacted without thinking first, but nothing intentional and fragrant. Can you be more specific?  Might refresh my memory.

Bill

The tweaker raid was a case of theft and a warrant should have been issued listing who and for what they were looking. At the house no announcement was made of who they were before they kicked in the door. When a startled occupant jumped off the couch, Pow, who did not have the rights a warrant would provide to a deputy, murdered him. But that's OK because we don't shake Pow's confidence in case we need him to murder another unarmed civilian in the future.

Having open fired on the residence (killing the dogs) and then bursting into the home they were surprised to find occupants in various states of undress, this and scattered clothing in the otherwise pristine home hardcore drug users are known to keep, led them to jump to conclusions and severely beat someone in their custody, after denying his request for counsel. The fact that their suspicions were later verified is moot.

At the end of the raid they decided to seize the house for public use (training site)without compensation.

At the trial Pow's act of murder was pinned on the occupants, which would have fine if the raid was carried out properly and if a Grand Jury had been convened to review the facts and hand down a ruling. The beating was only revealed after the jury had been thoroughly prejudiced against the defendant and it would have no bearing on the case.

From my count that is multiple violations of the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments as well as the use of his position to protect his friends.

Now I'm not saying the scumbag shouldn't have been hung. I'm just saying if you are going to preach the Constitution to me you damn well better follow it.

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #413 on: June 03, 2013, 03:39:07 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran

Offline Oldhomestead

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #415 on: June 04, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »
A warrant... hmm

Yeah, irritating how that 4th Amedment mucks up the authorities being able to just wander into your home and rummage through your belongings, isn't it.

Bonnieblue2A

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #417 on: June 23, 2013, 08:04:40 PM »
Hello amigos.  I've been super busy with all the book stuff, my day job, prepping, and family.

Sorry for my absence for a while.

The book series is doing amazingly well.  All you guys get the credit for that.  I should have some pretty cool announcements soon about some book stuff.  Not gigantic announcements, just some solid medium-sized ones.

You can keep up with the book on Facebook on 299 Days (the book) and Glen Tate.  There are a few Glen Tates on FB so search for the one that has the email glentate123@gmail.com.

Thanks, y'all. You have no idea how cool it is to know people like you.

"Glen"

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #418 on: July 07, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »
Just checkin' in on y'all.

Been super busy prepping and working on the book.  We have patches, stickers, shirts, and a surprise product (can't spill the beans).

Facebook likes have almost doubled.  People reached on Facebook is up more than ten fold.  In a month.  Been on a zillion podcasts.  Check out http://299days.com/reviews/ for links to all of them.

*takes deep breath*

Hey, I'm going to be signing books and talking to people on July 27 in northern Idaho: http://www.radiofreeredoubt.com/nw-patriot-preparedness-rally-2013/  Stop by if you can.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #419 on: July 07, 2013, 11:40:51 AM »
Hey, I'm going to be signing books and talking to people on July 27 in northern Idaho: http://www.radiofreeredoubt.com/nw-patriot-preparedness-rally-2013/  Stop by if you can.

Look for the guy with the giant blue dot covering his face.  :o  ;)