Author Topic: Am I in the right forum - are there many ladies around?  (Read 30772 times)

Offline Gam in VA

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Am I in the right forum - are there many ladies around?
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2015, 07:05:13 PM »
I'm here.  I'm new to the forum.  I guess I'm middle-aged, too.  I'm in VA.  Gam in VA

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2015, 09:15:17 PM »
Glad to have you here, Gam... there are plenty of ladies on this forum. I am probably like a lot of them, though, and spend more time in the sections about food preservation than in the gun section (haha). Just jump right in and don't be afraid to resurrect an old thread. Just search for a topic you have interest in and make comments or ask questions... you'll get helpful answers here.

Welcome!

LC

Offline Gam in VA

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2015, 11:39:03 AM »
Thanks!  I really appreciate it.  I'm really awkward in terms of moving about and replying, though, as I'm not a "power user" of anything computer.  Thanks again for the welcome.  Gam in VA

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2015, 08:21:40 AM »
It gets easier... keeping posting and before long, you'll be an expert...

Offline mountainblue

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2016, 03:55:53 PM »
Just joined--I'm female, middle-aged, live in PA (in the middle of the Appalachians), just moved to my mom's house in the country (she passed away in June) and going to try and make a go of this. I look forward to exploring the whole board, but I'd love to talk to other women, esp. woman who are making a transition from urban to rural life, women who are going it alone or are in long-distance relationships, women who are vegetarian/vegan living in a farming community...if any of those sound familiar, please feel free to be in touch!  :)

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 04:54:48 PM »
welcome Mountain Blue.  I look forward to reading more of your experiences.  Feel free to necro post - we seem to like that better than starting a new thread on a topic already covered.

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2016, 06:22:39 PM »
Just joined--I'm female, middle-aged, live in PA (in the middle of the Appalachians), just moved to my mom's house in the country (she passed away in June) and going to try and make a go of this. I look forward to exploring the whole board, but I'd love to talk to other women, esp. woman who are making a transition from urban to rural life, women who are going it alone or are in long-distance relationships, women who are vegetarian/vegan living in a farming community...if any of those sound familiar, please feel free to be in touch!  :)

Welcome!  I'm still living in the city (ugh) and a meat eater (though I'm leaning more toward pescatarian the older I get) but it's all good.  You'll find a lot of amazing people here that treat each other right and are a treasure trove of information.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2016, 08:28:45 AM »
Yes... Welcome! Wish you good luck on your transition... there is a lot of good stuff on here in the old threads... just use a search on any topic and don't be afraid to resurrect a thread that is an old one... we like to revisit that old stuff, too.

LC

Offline mountainblue

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »
Thanks, everybody. I'm going to do some reading through past discussions and will throw some comments/questions on old topics!