Author Topic: camp toilet biodegradable bags  (Read 3990 times)

Offline caverdude

• Survivalist Mentor
  • larrydgray.net
    • blog dot Larry D Gray dot net
camp toilet biodegradable bags
« on: August 12, 2013, 10:42:06 PM »
I bought this camp toilet and I’m looking for a good source for biodegradable bags.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___21229

Here is one quick source I found. Does anyone have any other good source? cheap bags?

http://www.greencupboards.com/biobag-toilet-waste-bags-24-count/p/

nelson96

Re: camp toilet biodegradable bags
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 11:07:42 PM »
When we're primitve camping we wrap a tarp around a downed tree (log) that's a good foot or two above the ground, dig a hole, then cover it up before we leave. . . .  I aint touching no bag, especially one that is meant to degrade.  Wise man says "don't go cheap on these bags, unless you want a mess before you're ready".

Offline caverdude

• Survivalist Mentor
  • larrydgray.net
    • blog dot Larry D Gray dot net
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 11:49:48 PM »
well I didn't mean cheap as in would tear up easy. just price wise. I have been using the thick plastic bags and throwing them in the trash in a dumpster somewhere, but I don't like doing that. There must be a good bio bag for sale somewhere.

nelson96

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:30:24 AM »
well I didn't mean cheap as in would tear up easy. just price wise.

One often follows the other.

inbox485

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 02:59:56 PM »
I'd consider using them if they looked thick enough, but I'd never consider storing them. That would be the last sort of mess I'd want to deal with.

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 03:21:14 AM »
If they are like the biodegradable supermarket bags that are in use overhere you are GTG for some time.

They are a bit thinner and they erode by flaking off (confetti style) with time that it may be some months.
They will hold your poop for some time and they will eventually be consumed in the pit you will be burying it (isn't this the purpose?).
I use them for watermellon leftovers which are very runny. (no garbage disposals for the kitchen sinks allowed here). they go into the trash bag that goes into the bin