Author Topic: The official 'post pics of your BOV thread'  (Read 184238 times)

tash

The official 'post pics of your BOV thread'
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:28:17 AM »
Post pics of your atvs, cars, trucks, bikes, snowmobiles, boats... basically, anything that can get you from point A to B.

Please only post pics of YOUR transportation and keep your comments limited.

Unrelated posts (eg: posting pics of your dream bov) may be deleted.

52Degrees

Re: The official 'post pics of your BOV thread'
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 06:26:07 PM »

1990 Montero with 10k winch and rear air locker on 33" mud terrains (a work in progress/daily driver)

$50 rowboat.  Fits on top of truck.  I can load and unload the boat by myself.

Offline Tycoon

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 06:45:44 PM »

'07 Custom Built Rubicon.

Offline the_dude306

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 06:20:37 PM »

Offline Dan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • MSB Founding Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »
93 Ford Bronco with 4" lift and 33" BFG's. I am in the early stages of building it up for expedition use.

Offline liftsboxes

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Quit Whining
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 09:06:01 AM »
5spd 4x4 and great mileage too ...

Arms_Reach

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 12:10:30 AM »

Fully loaded..   almost  :-\.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:29:44 AM by Roknrandy »

Offline Uncle Bob (he ain’t right)

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 02:52:19 PM »
Heres one I'm putting a cummins 4BT in now. I have the troop seats, hard top, soft top, newer type humvee tires and a 3/4 ton military trailer. Winch bumper is removed in this picture. Looking for a pedistal mount for a 1919a4
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:30:15 AM by Roknrandy »

SierraPhotog

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »
Heres one I'm putting a cummins 4BT in now. I have the troop seats, hard top, soft top, newer type humvee tires and a 3/4 ton military trailer. Winch bumper is removed in this picture. Looking for a pedistal mount for a 1919a4

Nice!  I'd love to hear how you progress on this one!  I'm considering getting an old Army jeep to bounce around the back-hills with...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:30:41 AM by Roknrandy »

Offline punkin

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:31:03 AM by Roknrandy »

Goatdog62

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 08:27:32 PM »
Damn Punkin, you make that thing look tiny.

Offline punkin

• Prepper
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 07:49:59 PM »
LOL,  Im kind of big for it.   That thing will fly though,  even with me in it.

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 05:47:33 PM »
Just look at my avatar. Jeep CJ with a built 360 fuel injected. Dana 60 front, Dana 70 rear both locked with 5:13 gears. 42" tires on beadlocks. Full cage, on board welder, and fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror. :D

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 10:09:32 PM »
Just look at my avatar. Jeep CJ with a built 360 fuel injected. Dana 60 front, Dana 70 rear both locked with 5:13 gears. 42" tires on beadlocks. Full cage, on board welder, and fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror. :D

"Fuzzy Dice" have all sorts of practical BOV usage!  None come to mind at the moment, but I'll think of a few.

VERY NICE ride NCJ!  I've got a Sterling 10.25 rear that I have had in the corner for a few years waiting to go in the 90 YJ.  I think it is the equivalent to the D-70.  I really want some 1.5T Unimog portal axles though.  You could pick them up for scrap iron prices about 5+ years ago, now they are almost worth their weight in gold!  Do you have any of the QuadraTech catalogs?  They have some of the nicest looking rides in their catalog "ads".  BestTop had a Yellow TJ that was my "Dream Jeep" for quite a few years.

Tim.

Offline ncjeeper

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 08:50:52 PM »
Prices are starting to soften for the one ton and rockwell axles. I hadnt priced portals in while. I had a job lined up a few years ago and was gonna do a portal axle install under his CJ for a guy and 4 link it and all, but he changed his mine at the last minute.
The sterling is a strong axle but I dont think there is much after market support for it.
Just got my new quadra tech cat this weekend. :)

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 09:08:37 PM »
You are right about the lack of aftermarket support for the Sterling 10.25.  There is only a couple of places that sell R&P's and the ratio is severely limited.  But it is a full floater design though and I really like that aspect.

I got to wheel a few weeks ago with a guy in a 6x6 Pinzgauer.  That thing was a MULE!  They are not as big as they look like in the pictures.  I have a little bit of "Mog" time as well and they too are Mountain Goats.  I really want to pick up both a Unimog and a Pinzgauer to "play" with.

Tim.

Offline minimalist

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 09:24:17 PM »
When I was a teenager I had a '68 Volkswagen Camper Bus. It had a roof that popped up and cots folded down, the backseat folded into a bed, and it had some cabinets and a little table. The engine caught fire and the whole thing burned. But if you could find a bus like that in good condition, it might make a good BOV. Lots of carrying capacity and the means to sleep a few people. Probably couldn't take it off road much, though.

This is just an image I found online; mine was an earlier model than this but you get the idea.

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 07:42:02 PM »
But if you could find a bus like that in good condition, it might make a good BOV.

Minimalist...  They are indeed still out there!  I went to a BugBlast last weekend here in Birmingham, AL trying to hook up with ColdfishGirl and her family at the event, but man there must have been at least 50 of the VW Hippy Micro-Bus there.  Most complete with tiedyed interiors and accessories to complete the "period: look.  I saw many different configurations of them that I either didn't know existed, or had simply never noticed before.

Tim.

Offline vicious

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Building a better future
    • Payne Country
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 07:59:43 PM »
My current BOV. I'm planning on upgrading to something a little larger, perhaps a grand cherokee or larger, but this will always be with me. It was my first car, and I've owned it over half my life, so there's some history there.

Goatdog62

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 08:10:02 PM »
My current BOV. I'm planning on upgrading to something a little larger, perhaps a grand cherokee or larger, but this will always be with me. It was my first car, and I've owned it over half my life, so there's some history there.

A blue Wrangler. My favorite Jeep. Is it a hardtop?

Offline minimalist

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »
No shit? I was there on Saturday with my Dad. He is thinking about buying a new bus to restore, which is what got me thinking about a bus as a BOV. I don't have the time or money for a project like that, so perhaps I can live vicariously through him.

Minimalist...  They are indeed still out there!  I went to a BugBlast last weekend here in Birmingham, AL trying to hook up with ColdfishGirl and her family at the event, but man there must have been at least 50 of the VW Hippy Micro-Bus there.  Most complete with tiedyed interiors and accessories to complete the "period: look.  I saw many different configurations of them that I either didn't know existed, or had simply never noticed before.

Tim.

Offline mxitman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Entrepreneur/HVAC Mechanic/Electrician
    • Heezy
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 11:22:24 PM »

Offline vicious

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Payne Country
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 07:33:54 AM »
A blue Wrangler. My favorite Jeep. Is it a hardtop?

It is a hard top. (I love a reason to share some pics!)

I was lucky enough to have bought it before I got my drivers license, but in the same token, I it let me tear it up through school, and am just now getting it to forgive me. If it weren't for the lack of storage I think it'd be the perfect BOV for me. I plan on building a rack for the tire carrier and quite possibly a rack similar to the congo cage. If that yeilds enough room I may forgo the upgrade. As of now this needs a new transmission seal (it leaks like a sieve), a new exhaust system, and some body work.

Offline ncjeeper

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 09:31:33 AM »
Real jeeps get their bodywork from trees, rocks, and ditches. ;D

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 09:51:22 AM »
No shit? I was there on Saturday with my Dad. He is thinking about buying a new bus to restore, which is what got me thinking about a bus as a BOV. I don't have the time or money for a project like that, so perhaps I can live vicariously through him.

You were at the BugBlast at Tannehill State Park in Birmingham (McCalla), AL.?  Well, if you were that was THREE of us that were there together.  ColdFishGirl had PM'd me to let me know her and her husband and kids were coming down for the show and were "competitors" as well (I think).  As usual (when driven by the agenda's of others), I didn't get there as early as I wanted to, and just about the time we got there and got "settled" AND I had almost located CFG (happily playing with her kids in the creek), my daughter text'd me and let me know she needed to be picked up in an hour.  Well, we looked for CFG for another 30 minutes and I simply had to "light the fires and kick the tires" for the 45 minute trip across two counties to pick up my daughter.  I got there with 1 minute to spare (and then sat for another 2 HOURS waiting for her to finish).  All I was able to do was talk to CFG a few times on the phone (crappy signal there), but that was pleasant and I look forward to actually meeting her and her family soon.

I am trying desperately to find some type of a TSP Calendar so that things like this don't happen in the future.  It really pains me that there were 3 of us there, and 2 of us didn't even know about the 3rd person being there.  Well, live and learn I guess.  If you were "there minimalist, I'm so sorry we all couldn't hook up and do the TSP Ant Dance together.

Tim.

Offline minimalist

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 10:18:35 AM »
Yeah we were there! We had a lot to do that day, so we drove down early and left around noon. We were tipped off to that event at the Decatur show last month.

Goatdog62

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 06:03:55 PM »
Vicious, do up a thread with that jeep man!

It looks like what I'd do. The link didn't work for me BTW.

Offline vicious

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Payne Country
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »
I'll start a thread on it shortly  ;D

The link should be http://www.kargomaster.com/item.asp?id=62 but I screwed it up somehow. Gotta love technology!

Offline Brian Gallimore

• Prepper
  • Brian Gallimore
    • Brian's Website
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 07:27:45 PM »
My daily driver (supercharged quadrasteer crew cab) with a load of kids and an IBC.

Goatdog62

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 08:14:38 PM »
I'll start a thread on it shortly  ;D

The link should be http://www.kargomaster.com/item.asp?id=62 but I screwed it up somehow. Gotta love technology!

Wow! 500lb capacity in that rack...on top of a Jeep no less. That sounds a little fun to drive. Of course, I doubt anyone would ever be dumb enough to do that. No, I take that back...someone would. ;D

Please start a thread. We (Tim Suggs and I) really want the Transportation Board to be an inspiration to everyone looking to have a BOV. We need all kinds.