Author Topic: The official 'post pics of your BOV thread'  (Read 189268 times)

Offline vegwerx1

• Prepper
  • New Solar Power For My Freezer
    • Survival Solar Systems
Re: The official 'post pics of your BOV thread'
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 03:13:09 AM »
Sorry Guys, Can't figure out how to add a photo on here, when I click on the image Icon it just puts the letters img in the text block, not enough coffee yet? I added some pics on my photobucket account of my 6.5 K2500 and my first attempt at veggie fuel filtering.Here is the photobucket link. http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab242/vegwerx1/

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 08:42:46 AM »
Sorry Guys, Can't figure out how to add a photo on here, when I click on the image Icon it just puts the letters img in the text block, not enough coffee yet? I added some pics on my photobucket account of my 6.5 K2500 and my first attempt at veggie fuel filtering.Here is the photobucket link. http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab242/vegwerx1/

Looks like I've become the "photogoto" guy, and that's cool cause like I've always said, once you help a fellow prepper leran how to post photos here, it is it's own reward.

On PHOTOBUCKET...  Once you left click on the IMG Code, it turns blue, then place your cursor "in" the blue and right click, select copy, and then head on back to your TSP message, then right click where you "want" the photo to go and select "paste".  And then we all get to see the pretty pictures.  Give it a try VegWerks1.

Like this... 

Tim.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:45:27 AM by timsuggs »

Offline vegwerx1

• Prepper
  • New Solar Power For My Freezer
    • Survival Solar Systems
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 02:40:34 AM »
Thanks Tim! DUH Momnet, didn't know it was as easy as copy and paste! Nuthin get's by me!

Mike

Offline MikeBoxwell

• Prepper
    • Solar Electricity Handbook
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 11:06:11 PM »
This is mine:

It's a '06 Reva G-Wiz electric car. Surprisingly good off road and the best two wheel drive car I've ever driven on road in snow and icy conditions. Plus, of course, it doesn't require gas. There have been 2 crisis in the past ten years where large parts of the country were almost entirely without gas and the only the emergency services were able to get fuel for essential work. Not a problem with an electric car...

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:45 AM »

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 07:35:56 PM »

This is indeed "field expedient"!  I got to see the full sized picture a while back and if I'm not mistaken, it has ALABAMA plates on it!  Moral:  Never underestimate the power of a Redneck!  Adapt - Improvise - Overcome my redneck'ed brethren!

Tim.

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »
Tim: the car in the background has European plates.

For a quick getaway on the water............

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 05:59:15 AM »
Tim: the car in the background has European plates.

Yeah, I can see that now.  And it's possible that whoever sent it to me a few years back did a little "personalizing" on it just for me.  I can't remember is it was an Alabama car tag or if it was an Alabama Crimson Tide sticker that was on the bike somewhere.  Either way, whoever built this thing gets an A+ for "creative adaption".

Tim.

Offline Nirgal

• Prepper
  • The Idiots are winning. The Preacherman has spoken
    • P2S - Prepared to Survive
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 08:34:51 AM »
I live in London, England and this is my BOV.

Offline minimalist

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2009, 02:11:35 PM »
Nirgal,

Nice. I've got a bike with a flat tire that I've been meaning to get fixed for some time. Bad of me, since I consider having a functioning bike an excellent prep. In a real grid-down SHTF situation, roads may be congested/blocked, gasoline may not be available, and cars may not even function (EMP). I don't really have anyplace to bug-out to, although I've discussed it with my folks and we have agreed that a good place to go immediately would be their house, about 5 miles away. Our bikes could certainly get us there.

Do you include tire repair items as part of your BOV?

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 09:20:33 PM »

Probably one of the only land-based BOVs that keeps you in shape. I like your rear tire rack, is it expandable? I am especially fond of the xtracycle line of products, but I would like to make my own for learning's sake. Anyone else have a Bicycle BOV?

Offline Nirgal

• Prepper
  • The Idiots are winning. The Preacherman has spoken
    • P2S - Prepared to Survive
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 03:26:37 PM »
Nirgal,

Nice. I've got a bike with a flat tire that I've been meaning to get fixed for some time.

Do you include tire repair items as part of your BOV?

Quick answer yes. The small frame bag carries basic tools, puncture repair, hand-pump and (soon to be added) spare inner-tube.

The tyres fitted are predominantly road-use and designed as such. See link for review
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/tyres/product/marathon-plus-10686

I have been known in the past for going on lunacy cycling-holidays (pre-prepper, no regard for personal safety). Even then I used to pack one spare inner tube as standard. On a day's traveling if one was to encounter a flat the action was to replace with the spare and continue. At the end of the day when camp was set time then could be spent repairing the removed tube so it could be recycled as the next days' spare.

Offline CFG

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2009, 06:53:36 PM »
You were at the BugBlast at Tannehill State Park in Birmingham (McCalla), AL.?  Well, if you were that was THREE of us that were there together.  ColdFishGirl had PM'd me to let me know her and her husband and kids were coming down for the show and were "competitors" as well (I think).  As usual (when driven by the agenda's of others), I didn't get there as early as I wanted to, and just about the time we got there and got "settled" AND I had almost located CFG (happily playing with her kids in the creek), my daughter text'd me and let me know she needed to be picked up in an hour.  Well, we looked for CFG for another 30 minutes and I simply had to "light the fires and kick the tires" for the 45 minute trip across two counties to pick up my daughter.  I got there with 1 minute to spare (and then sat for another 2 HOURS waiting for her to finish).  All I was able to do was talk to CFG a few times on the phone (crappy signal there), but that was pleasant and I look forward to actually meeting her and her family soon.

I am trying desperately to find some type of a TSP Calendar so that things like this don't happen in the future.  It really pains me that there were 3 of us there, and 2 of us didn't even know about the 3rd person being there.  Well, live and learn I guess.  If you were "there minimalist, I'm so sorry we all couldn't hook up and do the TSP Ant Dance together.

Tim.

Aye, I hated that.  I had forgotten about your family doing theatre and all that.  I should have rounded up the cubs and come looking for you.  I'm bad to take to the hills when it comes to large groups.  The VW stuff is my man's gig.  I'm into nature and quiet for the most part, and as you said, the yardapes were busy playing in the water.  For future reference, if anyone tries to hook up at Tannehill, remember that they have three different camp setups with identical numbers, which means there were three site #18's.  How inconvenient.  :(

Offline arkangel13

• Prepper
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 06:46:26 AM »
I will be rolling the '77 Dodge Powerwagon. I think that should suffice for a BOV. As soon as I can get the pics uploaded to photobucket or something like that I will post them.

Goatdog62

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »
I will be rolling the '77 Dodge Powerwagon. I think that should suffice for a BOV. As soon as I can get the pics uploaded to photobucket or something like that I will post them.

Cool. Let's see em!

Offline gpd240

• Survivor
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 12:23:41 AM »
Yes, Yes, Yes... Powerwagon  Powerwagon Powerwagon (chant)

Offline arkangel13

• Prepper
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2009, 12:01:47 PM »
OK here is the only one I can get to load for some reason. I will try to get some more pics taken to post up. Sorry but it's not the greatest shot, and the paint is definitely not "tactical" lol It has a MOPAR crate 360c.i., Dana 60's, Desert Dynamics 12,000lb winch, and a few other goodies.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:05:30 PM by arkangel13 »

Goatdog62

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 05:16:06 PM »
Hell Yeah Arkangel.

I was a crazy young driver when these came out. I lusted after these more than I did girls.  ;D

Offline arkangel13

• Prepper
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2009, 06:38:32 AM »
LOL. I love these old Dodge trucks! I've owned 5 Dodge trucks and this one is by far my favorite. It was my best friends before it was mine. He loves it as much as I do but his wife told him he had to get rid of it. So we made a deal, he would sell it to me on the cheap and I would never get rid of it so that we could both have it!

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 07:25:48 PM »

Goatdog62

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »

I'd add a window A/C unit to this, but some might say that makes it look "redneck."  ;D

Offline ltlewis15

• Prepper
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 10:45:53 PM »
My little 2wd, 4 speed, ford ranger with a 2.2 perkins Diesel. 27+MPG and as slow as a snell

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:33:13 AM by Roknrandy »

Goatdog62

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2009, 11:47:00 PM »
I had an 83 in the late 80's. I liked that old truck.

Diesel would have made it better.

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2009, 12:13:06 AM »
Don't forget the tackle box
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 12:17:30 AM by Thox Spuddy »

Offline punkin

• Prepper
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »
Here is mine.  99 Jeep wrangler.  Ive done a bunch of stuff to it.  Ive got on-board air by converting the AC compressor to an air compressor.  I made the front and rear bumper and swing-out tire carrier.  The front bumper is an air tank.  I never drive with air in it.  Between it and the tank mounted under the jeep,  I have about a 5 gallon air capacity.  The axles are geared 4.56 and the rear is locked by a detroit.  I have a 200w power inverter mounted inside.  The roof rack is the newest edition to the rig.  Its great for when the family and I go camping. I like it because I can take it off when not needed very easily.  The soft top is a Viking Fastback.  Awesome top.  The Jeep has 238,000 on the ticker.  

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:25:46 PM by punkin »

Goatdog62

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2009, 05:28:22 PM »
I like your Jeep Punkin. Color and wheels especially.

Offline punkin

• Prepper
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »
Thanks man!

Offline Outdoorsben

• Prepper
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2009, 06:11:22 PM »
Here's my BOV overlooking my hopefull BOL

07 Ram 1500 QC 5.7

Offline Tycoon

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2009, 05:21:44 PM »
Here is mine.  99 Jeep wrangler.  Ive done a bunch of stuff to it.  Ive got on-board air by converting the AC compressor to an air compressor.  I made the front and rear bumper and swing-out tire carrier.  The front bumper is an air tank.  I never drive with air in it.  Between it and the tank mounted under the jeep,  I have about a 5 gallon air capacity.  The axles are geared 4.56 and the rear is locked by a detroit.  I have a 200w power inverter mounted inside.  The roof rack is the newest edition to the rig.  Its great for when the family and I go camping. I like it because I can take it off when not needed very easily.  The soft top is a Viking Fastback.  Awesome top.  The Jeep has 238,000 on the ticker.  

Nice TJ Punkin...was just out in WV for the first time rafting the Gauley River last week.... Can't go wrong with a JEEP!

Offline Uncle Bob (he ain’t right)

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2009, 02:40:14 AM »
My little 2wd, 4 speed, ford ranger with a 2.2 perkins Diesel. 27+MPG and as slow as a snell

I have a 82 Mazda truck with that engine in it. I am thinking about re-powering a 89 Amigo with it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:33:41 AM by Roknrandy »