Author Topic: 2014 Geoff Lawton Online PDC Course  (Read 11751 times)

MadBodger

2014 Geoff Lawton Online PDC Course
« on: December 08, 2013, 11:21:13 PM »
Everyone see the recent email where Geoff said he'll be releasing details later in December about another online PDC course in 2014? It was at the tail end of an email announcing a "chickens and compost" video he just did. Mrs. Madbodger got her PDC the last time a'rd so this might be my turn, or we'll sign one of our kids up for it. Probably the kid...
Start saving now, and get signed up at www.geofflawton.com/ (if you're not already) for the incoming details...

Offline jesse981

• Prepper
Re: 2014 Geoff Lawton Online PDC Course
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the upcomimg class.

I tried to sign up for the emails twice and have yet to recieve the confirmatoion email.

Has anyone else had a problem?

Offline Pukwudji

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:00:07 AM »
I don't think they do confirmation emails. 

That said, he's going to open up registration on 3/29 for this year's class.  No details around price or anything, but I know Jack has been talking to him about another MSB discount...  I'll be signing up this year.

-Brian

Offline The Morgan Hill Homesteading Project

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 10:12:50 AM »
If I am going to take the class, once I can get backrolled, which I think I am.

Offline CopperKnight

• Survivor
  • A protective shell is sometimes open space.
    • Survival WWYD
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »
Today's email about the weekly video on geofflawton.com came with a link to the .pdf about this year's course.  http://www.geofflawton.com/fe/64751-lessons-from-the-rustbelt (under the video).

Offline Pukwudji

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »
I'm so excited I think I just peed a little.

Looks like Friday the 28th is going to be a late night waiting to sign up as soon as registration is available...  I can't wait!

Now to wait for Jack to announce an MSB discount...

-Brian

Offline LJH

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »
He also sent e-mails to the alumni of his 2013 course with an invitation to 'sit in' on this next class. We won't be able to ask questions or comment on the class modules but will be able to follow along on the lessons and participate on the course forum for questions, guidance, and support. His aim is to keep us all in the loop and communicating as we grow this permie thing, you should pardon the pun.

Offline CopperKnight

• Survivor
  • A protective shell is sometimes open space.
    • Survival WWYD
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 11:14:02 AM »
[quote author=Pukwudji link=topic=47071.msg550990#msg550990 date=1395432139Looks like Friday the 28th is going to be a late night waiting to sign up as soon as registration is available...  I can't wait!

Now to wait for Jack to announce an MSB discount...
[/quote]

I'm thinking the same thing.  Their information said that last year it sold out in a week.  Seeing comments like this here and on the geofflawton.com videos in addition to the rave reviews of last year's class makes me think it will be one of those things that goes a lot faster than they think.  Hopefully we don't crash their servers at midnight:o' one.

MadBodger

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 10:10:19 PM »
After assuming the "Midnight" U.S. signup for the course was east coast time, I just saw Jack had posted on the March 27 blogpost that it was in fact Pacific or west coast time. In other words I was feelin' so spunky about bein able to sign up at 11pm Central time & now I gotta wait 3 extra hours at least to sign up at 2am my time. Serves me right for feelin' smug I guess.  :(

One more tip... last year when using PayPal to sign up my wife for the 2013 course, I saved an additional several dozen dollars over the credit card international transaction fees they would have charged. Down side to PayPal tho, is that they debit the $$ immediately as opposed to stretching them out over time. Oh well, spend some to save some...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:39:11 PM by MadBodger »

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 10:40:25 PM »
While all the information stated that it was Pacific time, I received the email at 12am EASTERN TIME that the sign up has begun.  YAY!!!!  I'm signed up and ready to rock!!

Another note, the price is set in U.S. dollars, not AUD.

MadBodger

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 11:05:10 PM »
On a hunch, I checked the sign up site, and it apparently was Eastern time as I saw flippy just posted. Also, as flippy stated, (and not glaringly apparent at first glance), the BIG change from last year is in fact the prices are now posted in US dollars which removes the (currently for us) very favorable exchange rate between AUD and USD. I went back & edited that part out of my previous post after seeing that.

All signed up here as well, while my wife is struttin' around enjoying her spiffy Veteran badge on her profile from taking last years course...

So, off to bed after all, and see ya'll online.

Offline M1Andy

• Prepper
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 11:10:08 PM »
I'm in too!  See you all online.  Off to bed

Offline jesse981

• Prepper
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 04:29:03 AM »
Silly me I thought midnight on the 29th was going to be 24 hours  later than it actually was in reality.

I'm so glad I woke up early this morning and checked the sign up page.

It's looking it is just me but the MSb discount code is case sensitive...

I've waited a long time for this! Let the learning begin!

Offline Nom

• Prepper
  • PDIT (Permaculture Draftsman in Training)
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 11:58:06 AM »
GRRR... Paypal can't charge my debit card for that amount. This is the first time in 20 years I've wished I had a credit card again.  I'm going to have to find another way before they close the signup.

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 12:12:52 PM »
Nom,  you may want to go onto the Paypal site and follow the steps to become a "verified" or "premiere" account.  If I remember correctly, it takes a couple days for them to send deposits to your bank (which you verify by entering them on their site), but it increases your limit for purchases (to $1,000 I think).  Might even be able to get it done before the spots fill up.  That's a possibility that does not require you to get a debt card (evil credit cards).

Hope this helps!

Offline Pukwudji

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 01:41:55 PM »
GRRR... Paypal can't charge my debit card for that amount. This is the first time in 20 years I've wished I had a credit card again.  I'm going to have to find another way before they close the signup.

Maybe find a friend who has a verified PatPal account and give them the cash and have them sign up as you...  I hope you find a way in time.

Brian

Offline BriGy86

• Senior Survivalist
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 01:43:15 PM »
Does anyone have any specifics as to what they gained from taking it last year?  Did you start a successful business or side gig with the info you learned?  Did it considerably improve you're own food self sufficiency? etc.

Offline LizardGurl

• Survivor
  • Low Carb Paleo Permaculturist Locavore
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »
I am enrolled this year.  I'm really looking forward to it.

LG

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 03:46:43 PM »
LG,

I saw your post on the PDC forum and recognized your TSP forum name.  Glad to see you over there.  We TSP'ers need to stick together!

Offline OnionsAndDragons

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 04:02:53 PM »
I had been waiting for Jack to run another special to sign up for MSB... mostly because I am lazy and didn't want to pack up silver to send him.

But, the PDC discount sucked me in. :)

Looking forward to learning a lot with everyone!

Offline Nadir_E

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Win some, learn some.
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 06:47:30 PM »
I didn't sign up until today, but apparently it's a biiig class- my invoice # was 2946! :D

After attending Permaculture Voices I knew I wanted to take a PDC.  It's hard to pass up Geoff's reputation, but I'll be interested to see how well =I= do without a hands-on component.  It may be that I end up taking a 2nd PDC locally (the best guy around here [SoCal] spreads it out over a six month or so period, which has downsides of its own).

Looking forward to learning a lot with all of you.
-N

Offline LJH

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »
Wow, that's a huge! I wonder if maybe they're continuing the count from the 2013 class, which I think was 1200 or 1500? Or maybe since so many students ask virtually the same questions on a given topic they figured doubling the class size would be manageable.

Offline Pukwudji

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 10:16:47 PM »
Well, I registered about two hours after it opened and my invoice number was 796. 

-Brian

Offline The Morgan Hill Homesteading Project

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 09:34:18 AM »
I am enrolled.

Offline LJH

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 09:56:50 AM »
Well, I registered about two hours after it opened and my invoice number was 796. 

-Brian

Yup, I'll bet it's a running tally, starting with the first course.

Offline Pukwudji

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 09:59:44 AM »
Can't be counting the first course.  The first course had over 1000 members.  I think they really had 790-some registrations in the first two and a half hours for this class.

-Brian

Offline Nom

• Prepper
  • PDIT (Permaculture Draftsman in Training)
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »

All Fixed!  :)

Issue was resolved by contacting the bank and removing oversea transaction restrictions. I was able to sign up correctly a few minutes ago.

inbox485

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 12:44:02 PM »
All Fixed!  :)

Issue was resolved by contacting the bank and removing oversea transaction restrictions. I was able to sign up correctly a few minutes ago.

Cool. As an FYI for anybody else with a non cooperative bank, last time around you could contact help, and they would do a structured transfer over a few days if needed (lots of private schools do this, so it isn't abnormal).

Offline jamze7417

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 05:43:46 PM »
Signed up!  Cant wait to gain the skills to take my traditional landscape company into something truly special!

Offline BriGy86

• Senior Survivalist
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 06:19:51 AM »
If you haven't started already, there are 10 intro videos already available.  I'm working my way through those now.  It looks like they also have a Q&A response video from last year as well.