Author Topic: Babes with Bullets(tm)  (Read 2730 times)

Offline EmmaPeel

• Senior Survivalist
Babes with Bullets(tm)
« on: April 20, 2009, 03:09:21 PM »
Since the camp is women-only, I decided to post here instead of in the self-defense forum.  Please move if need-be.

At the first of this month, as a Christmas present from DH, I spent a few days with the top USPSA shooters in the world at Babes with Bulllets(tm) camp in Princeton, LA.  I shoot regularly so I was one of the more experienced shooters.  Many of the ladies had never touched a gun.  I can't describe the experience, there just aren't words.  It was so much fun and there was so much to learn.  I keep telling folks it was like summer camp with guns and alcohol (not together)(but then it's still so much more).  After hours we played dice games and sat up late into the night chatting.  During the day, we learned everything we could from these phenomenal shooters. 

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.  I have pictures up at http://www.nurtured.com/gallery.  It's a really fun way to get introduced to guns and competition shooting.  Many of the participants don't plan to ever shoot another match but they left with a good knowledge of firearm use and with great memories.  Plus, it's fairly cheap.  Smith & Wesson helps off-set the cost of the camp and they provide loaner guns so you don't even have to have your own gun. 

No, I'm not a paid spokesperson, I just play one on TV.  ;)  I just really loved the camp and want to see more women involved in firearms use.  Women influence the firearm use in the family.  If mom doesn't like it, usually the children don't get involved.  Our next generation needs to be involved. 

If you've been to a camp, please let me know.  I plan to attend another one next year, maybe in Tucson.  It'd be cool if we could hook-up at a camp.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: Babes with Bullets(tm)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »
It'd be fun to do that with my momma.  She'd love it.

Offline EmmaPeel

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 12:41:27 PM »
I'd love it if my mom could shoot handguns.  Her eyesight is such that she can't well.  A long gun is a different issue. 

Offline fngrlickingood

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 06:22:05 PM »
That sounds great! Do they have the shows all over or just in certain states?

Offline EmmaPeel

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:02:04 AM »
They are camps.  They have several a year at different ranges around the nation.  http://www.bang-inc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_course_info&cPath=3&products_id=17 has information for this year but not next year yet.  There is only one left open this year in November in Tucson.  I highly recommend them for the shooting but the comraderie also.  I have kept in touch with some of the girls.