Author Topic: Writing eBooks, resources/formatting Q's  (Read 1490 times)

Offline mxitman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Entrepreneur/HVAC Mechanic/Electrician
    • Heezy
Writing eBooks, resources/formatting Q's
« on: June 11, 2015, 06:14:00 AM »
So I love using my Kindle since I've gotten it, and I have started writing a few different eBooks. Just to get things down I've been using M.Word to document it.

There seems to be a hundred ways to skin the cat, and with several eBook publishers around here I'm looking for guidance in this subject.

My eBook on "DIY Building your own Chicken Plucker" has several pictures and drawings, I've noted that on my kindle books with many pictures can have issues being B&W. I would like to have only one maybe two versions and want to know the best way to go about this. I've already converted the photos to B&W as color is not necessary and also converted some over to line drawings for ease of application.

I would like to get this out to as many sources as possible of course, I've been working on my video that goes along with it and that will be up shortly.

Should I start with a Word Document or PDF and convert from there to the different formats?

Any advice will be appreciated  ;D

Offline TheRetiredRancher

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Writing eBooks, resources/formatting Q's
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 01:54:08 PM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline survivalnovels

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Writing eBooks, resources/formatting Q's
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 07:29:54 AM »
I use https://www.gitbook.com/ to write my books but it is a writing medium geared more to software engineers(like me). You definantly want to check out the book APE(Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur) by Guy Kawasaki  http://apethebook.com/ It is a great resource if you are going to self publish.