Author Topic: Tactical pants  (Read 7296 times)

Offline tn_goatman

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Tactical pants
« on: April 11, 2016, 10:39:10 AM »
Question:  Where can I find dressy tactical pants?

Background:  I have to dress up for work - nice khakis and collared shirts - and my workplace has EDC restrictions.  However, I'd like to carry the OK/legal stuff on me but most cargo pants are not dressy enough.  I'm looking for cargo pockets on a workplace khaki pants. I saw an older forum topic mention a Woolrich pants item but I couldn't find any current products that weren't wool.  The "Covert Cargo Pants" from 5.11 looks like it has potential but most 5.11 stuff is super baggy on me. 

Anyone else in this situation?  Suggestions?

Thanks,
TN

Offline DDJ

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Tactical pants
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 10:59:23 AM »
I have gone to Dickies.  I believe that they have a cargo pocket design, but I am restricted at work to "NO CARGO PAINTS".  These ware like iron.  I use to get 6 months out of Traditional brands and they would snag and tear.  I have had Black Dickies still look like new a year later and some approach 2 years.

endurance

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 12:14:45 PM »
Take a look at Vertx. Still cargo pockets, but low profile. The better ones also have concealed pockets and are a great weight material.

Offline Skispcs

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 08:23:46 PM »
Duluth Trading DuluthFlex pants. Multiple versions for your level of need. I wear the ones with cargo pockets in a business casual environment without any problem and have actually received some compliments on how nice they look.

Offline tn_goatman

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 09:52:55 PM »
I found some Vertx on a major online retailer with Prime shipping.  Plus, they have 31" waist sizes; great for IWB carry on my frame.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I will try these and I may try a local store for the Dickies. 

Offline outoforder2day

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
    • The End Of The Tunnel
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 08:44:36 AM »
I was in the same boat as you for years. I had great luck with Covert Khakis from 5.11. Durable, actual hidden cargo pockets, and they look just about like normal Khakis.

endurance

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 09:50:13 AM »
This thread led to a funny conversation with one of my Lts at the fire department. He noticed I was wearing my Vertx pants at the station because I came straight from work. We were doing some maintenance on the trucks and I was getting them dirty and I said the quality I really wanted in them was Stain Defender so I wouldn't have to wash them after a day like this. He piped back that what we really needed was Nomex cargo pants you could wear to the office so you wouldn't have to change pants on the side of a highway when there was a wildland fire you had to leave work for.

So, really, what I need is some Nomex (or Kevlar) Stain Defender Concealed Pocket (Vertx-style) cargo pants... Ideally for about $40-50 a pair.  That's not asking too much, is it?

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 09:53:29 AM »

Oh, I can't help you ! I miss read this as I thought it said Tactical Plants !

I was going to say Aconite:

http://www.sandmountainherbs.com/aconite.html

"ACONITUM NEPELLUS (Monkshood) Striking bright blue flower spikes. Recognized as a poison since antiquity, especially to poison arrows. Contains aconitine, a useful sedative for many conditions. Not to be used without medical supervision."

Offline Teeroy

• Prepper
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 10:00:32 AM »
Duluth Flex for sure. I bought some for work that are fleece lined and pretty much the only pants I wore all winter. Look great and more comfortable than any pants I've ever worn.

Offline scoob

• Senior Survivalist
  • Chicken-farming knuckle-dragger
    • Marksmanship, History, Civic Engagement
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 06:24:12 AM »
He piped back that what we really needed was Nomex cargo pants you could wear to the office so you wouldn't have to change pants on the side of a highway when there was a wildland fire you had to leave work for.

So, really, what I need is some Nomex (or Kevlar) Stain Defender Concealed Pocket (Vertx-style) cargo pants... Ideally for about $40-50 a pair.  That's not asking too much, is it?

I know, RIGHT?!!!

I've gotten pretty used to my Riggs and how the pockets are laid out, so now even regular cargo pants or the nomex wildland pants are a pain to adapt to.

endurance

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 08:06:23 AM »
I know, RIGHT?!!!

I've gotten pretty used to my Riggs and how the pockets are laid out, so now even regular cargo pants or the nomex wildland pants are a pain to adapt to.
Bwaaa!  I feel your pain. I'm on two departments so I have two sets of bunkers and two sets of greens and yellows. I do everything in my power to standardize what is in the pockets, but all too often discover subtle differences that drive me nuts.  worse, the pockets on one pair of pants are a little deeper than the other and when coupled with a different tool pouch in each, it's way too much fumbling.

First world problems. ;)

Offline 9mmMaster

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 11:14:41 AM »
5.11 makes Some pretty good tactical pant several styles some more Tacti cool than others. Not super expensive and they hold up well. Good quality fair price.

Offline libertydefense

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 01:57:36 PM »
+1 for vertx phantoms.

I have a pair for everyday of the week.
"nice ones" for the office.

I used to use blackhawks & 5.11. Now I mostly beat on my 5.11s for adventures and range days.

I have not found the perfect shirt...yet.

This thread led to a funny conversation with one of my Lts at the fire department. He noticed I was wearing my Vertx pants at the station because I came straight from work. We were doing some maintenance on the trucks and I was getting them dirty and I said the quality I really wanted in them was Stain Defender so I wouldn't have to wash them after a day like this. He piped back that what we really needed was Nomex cargo pants you could wear to the office so you wouldn't have to change pants on the side of a highway when there was a wildland fire you had to leave work for.

Offline xxdabroxx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Dave's not here.
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »
I have a couple pairs of vertx too.  Really like them.  One thing I don't like is the hidden zipper rubs my pocket knife so I carry it inside the hidden pocket even though I have no need to at my work. 

Offline Bad_apple

• Prepper
  • Real Macgyver
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 10:29:55 PM »
I purchase from these guys locally but here is their online store. Great gear.  As nice or as tactical as you need them to be. They have a ton of variety.

http://www.advancedtechrescue.com